Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
My only regrets thus far is that I remembered the goofiness of this quest and forgot that most of said goofiness were front and backloaded. If I do another quest after I finish this, I'll probably go for one that maintains a consistent tone throughout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I feel like this is the sort of game that works best with the word filter in place. It's a very poo poo rear end in a top hat sort of game.

I am having a blast seeing the crazy directions this is going, too!

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Echoing the sentiment; hope you'll show off more. Really enjoying this thread.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I don't remember any myself, but have any of the Nintendo Zaldors have you blow out the lanterns? That's a cute variation.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I didn't even know Zelda Classic was a thing. I played the crap out of Oracle games as a kid, but I had no clue someone made so much of Moosh. :allears: Thanks for this thread!

Bellmaker posted:

I don't remember any myself, but have any of the Nintendo Zaldors have you blow out the lanterns? That's a cute variation.

I know for sure Phantom Hourglass did, because you had to actually blow into the mic and I got stuck on it for the longest time. :(

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!

Click that shiny little image up above to view the update!

DimiPZC fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 6, 2020

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wait, does this mean we could have gotten the sun block and had the entire basement lit up after getting the Fire Rod? :negative:

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
Sadly no. It just lights up the boss room cause it's strong light or sunlight or something and it shines directly into the boss room.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
The screenshots do a really good job of making this look like a lost Oracle series game. It's really nice to look at.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
I like ice block puzzles :(

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
They are just sokobon games after all

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
This update was so large I had to split it in 2.

Click the picture above to read the first part of the update. Click the picture below to read the second part of the update.

DimiPZC fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 7, 2020

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

The "first" part of the update actually contains the entire update, fyi.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
Oops! Good catch, typo'd the url.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The, uh, Haribo Gummy Bear tech, huh.

Wow.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
That Haribo tech, wow. Uncomfortably true to life.

I like how the bananas are just chilling in the dungeons where you can see them. It lends a slapdash quality to the whole thing that just makes me happy - like why put these powerful and priceless artefacts in their own special room, we'll just put up a little wall so you can't touch them.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
So question for those of you reading; is there anything I could be doing better to make this LP more enjoyable for you guys, or are you guys happy with how it is?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

It works for me :) I can follow what's going on, it's not boring me, the updates aren't so long I zone out.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Everything is clear and readable but doesn't go too long, I'd say you're doing fine.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
No complaints for me as well, it's a nice and pleasant read.

Thanks for the worldmap, by the way :)

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
I'm thoroughly enjoying this. Don't change a thing.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah it's fun, and showing the whole map was a good addition. Helps put everything in perspective.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I've been mostly lurking, but it's perfectly fine and really enjoyable.

Only thing I'd like to see (and it probably makes more sense after you finish up the game itself) is a bit of a post-mortem. You had mentioned earlier that you're pretty involved in the Zelda extra content community, so it'd be cool to get your overall thoughts on the mod - what worked, what's unique and cool about this one that readers might not have noticed, what has been improved on in other mods, what didn't work, etc.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I'd like to thank you for putting updates on their own page. Lots of SSLPs don't do that, which means reloading a million pictures to see a new post.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!

Click the image to read the update!

DimiPZC fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Oct 17, 2020

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

DimiPZC posted:

Welcome to the Temple of Seals.
:rimshot:

I completely forgot that Finnigan is not a silent protagonist. Did he ever say anything between the first update and now?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quote:

Welcome to the Temple of Seals.

I only got that pun with the last image of the update. :stonkhat:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Those aren't seals, though. They're the pokemon, Seel.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!

Carpator Diei posted:

:rimshot:

I completely forgot that Finnigan is not a silent protagonist. Did he ever say anything between the first update and now?

Nope!

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
Sorry about the delay; was visiting family, and wanted to make sure the finale is up to standards. It should be up either later today or tomorrow.

Remember, stay safe, wear your mask, become moosh.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
s'okay :)

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
This update is a long one, so I split it in two and put them both on their own test pages to save on people browsers.

First part of the update:

Second part of the update:

Click the images to read the updates.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Hm, I suppose that postgame stuff will be different yet from the hard mode you winked at at the start?

Anyway, that plot twist would've been cool once but after seeing a very similar plot twist a couple months ago in the Underhero LP, it's like "ok".

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
Hard mode stuff isn't too different; mostly plot changes and different character stats, no difference in level design or anything. It'll likely be a bonus update after postgame.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

quote:

Sadly, heading north is blocked by this dam. This'll be a recurring theme here.

Oh, dam it. :allears:

quote:

We are the ancient darkness, the blood god Kumakuma. We wished to make an unending cycle of heroism and corruption so we might feed on the bloodshed that follows.

So does that mean each half of Kumakuma... is a Mono-kuma? :v:
I'll see myself out.

But seriously, congrats on beating the game! This was a fun one. Looking forward to the postgame.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!

Quackles posted:

So does that mean each half of Kumakuma... is a Mono-kuma? :v:

I'm not mad, I'm... I'm just disappointed in you. That was awful :V

Quackles posted:

But seriously, congrats on beating the game! This was a fun one. Looking forward to the postgame.

Thanks! Postgame updates will come out very quickly now that I've gotten the ending roadblock out of the way (expect at least one, maybe two updates today). Quick question: What method do people prefer for showing off bosses? Video format like I did for levels 2 and 3, or screenshot/gif format like I did for level 1 and the final boss? Added dialogue: yay or nay?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Personally I'm not a fan of added dialogue, especially in a game like this where the story, as it were, is hardly the reason you go and play it. The jokes were good, but they could have been in their own form perhaps. But that's just a personal taste, I'm sure plenty of other folks reading the LP enjoyed it. As for the general boss format, having the option to see it in screenshot/gif form is preferable for times where I'm away from my home computer and have to rely on the reading type of LPs, but of course a video is preferable for seeing it in full detail as well.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!

It's postgame time.

: Silly? The bear could knock the Tiger out in a single hit.
: But how could he land a hit? Tigers are faster than bears, everyone knows that.
: Well what if he- Did you feel that?

[The screen shakes]

???: Xaya!
???: Run Finn, get out of here!

: Finnigan, Xaya, are you alright?
: We're fine Father. What was that?
: I fear that may have been a rip. A tear in space and time. I'd heard of such things before, but never did I think I'd live to see one.
: Ugh... My head...
: Xaya? What's wrong?
: A vision... I can see you... and you... and a wall... and you're talking about... about ham?
: I fear your battle with Kumakuma may have had unforseen consequences. We need to get to the bottom of this right away. There is only one person I know who might be able to help us understand. The great knowledge spirit, the Cheeseforce.

the... cheeseforce... :cripes:

: The Cheeseforce?

What the gently caress...

: A great wise spirit, made out of cheese. He is said to know a great many things. Unfortunately, I don't know where to find him.

:frogout:

: ...
: ...
: Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood...
: As I was saying, I don't know where to find him. All I have is this old poem.
: "With those who no longer breathe, you shall find the Brie. Flowers mark the place-o, where you shall find the Queso."

Oh gently caress off. :colbert:

: That was hideous... but it's something to go on at least. C'mon Finnigan, let's go find him.

"Xaya deals double damage, runs faster, and reflects magic. But she also takes double damage and is unable to carry a shield. Be very careful - she's a glass cannon."

We can no longer use Moosh mode, but we gain Xaya in exchange. Xaya's double damage applies to everything though, unlike Saber tech only applying to Mooshdash and Mooshstaff.

You know all those techs we got? They're useless now. This is why I picked up Flap tech when I did, cause it's only useful early and then you lose it.

We're going to be using Xaya for a bit. Let's see what all the townsfolk have to say since we beat Kumakuma.

(Fun fact: Akuma = Demon, Kuma = Bear, so Kuma + Akuma = Kumakuma, or Bear Demon. The more you know!)

: ...meat. It tasted really sweet, like gummy bears, but what it did to me sure wasn't sweet.
: I regret everything.

heh.

: ...a weak base, and I was turning the ground I walked on into soap. I don't know how that happened.

I have no idea what this joke is referencing. :smith:

: ...you beat Akuma. I guess that was a waste of time.

...powers Finnigan, but at least you have Xaya to help you now.

Tex is a cool lad. He's nice and he never turns evil.

: pretending he was in the old west, strolling into a bar with toy guns. Then some crazy midget behind the counter shot him. Rest in peace, Kenny.

They killed Kenny! You bastards!

: ...so I got mad and blamed them both for my own emotional issues. Then they decided to date each other.
: It was kind of hot...

That's everyone who has something new to say.

Time to visit cheese illuminati.

: My name is Finnigan, and this is Xaya. We wish to know why a rift opened in my front yard today.
: The rip is a result of the growing instability of this world. The very foundation upon which it is built is being threatened. A mortal is approaching the Creator's Realm.
: The Creator's Realm?
: The plane of being in which the Creators of this world dwell. A very determined, yet very foolish individual is approaching it. If he is not stopped, the very fabric of space and time could be torn apart.
: If you wish to save this world, you must ascend to the heavens above. Ascend the Tower of Winds.
: But I already climbed the tower. There's nothing out of the ordinary there.
: Oh, but there is. A secret door lies hidden on the third floor. Take this to locate it.

Ew, it smells. At least nobody cut the cheese.

Heading off now...

Xaya's sword deals double the damage of the upgraded Staff of Moosh. It can kill these enemies in one hit. Neat!

Third floor of the tower is easy to reach. It's been forever since we were here!

The screen shakes.

And some stairs appear!

Next Time: We explore the true final floor of the Tower of Winds!

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Well, this was a very abrupt return to the tone of the first update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Things we now know exist in this world:
- Pizza
- The Old West
- Guns
- The Netherlands

Worldbuilding!