Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Not sure if it's intentional, but since you only registered recently you might not be aware: When you're logged in, you can just write poo poo and gently caress and all that.

On topic: The overworld looks really nice, but I'm also very fond of the Game Boy Zeldas' graphics. I especially like how the various areas are differentiated by their trees. Is it possible to get a full aerial view of the world, like with the dungeon maps?
Also, while that Flappy Moosh minigame looks plenty annoying, I'm assuming it's at least not as bad as that goddamn pan flute from Spirit Tracks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
That puzzle with the freezing torches and the water seems kind of annoying to figure out. Is there anything to indicate that blowing on them with the leaf will do something special?

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
No complaints for me as well, it's a nice and pleasant read.

Thanks for the worldmap, by the way :)

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

DimiPZC posted:

Welcome to the Temple of Seals.
:rimshot:

I completely forgot that Finnigan is not a silent protagonist. Did he ever say anything between the first update and now?

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Things we now know exist in this world:
- Pizza
- The Old West
- Guns
- The Netherlands

Worldbuilding!

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Eh, as far as lolrandom stuff goes, this one was reasonably well-written. Or at least coherent.
But why do so many games (not even just fangames) equate ultimate challenges with wasting as much of the player's time as possible? Deliberately using bad game mechanics to make something painful to play might be a bit of a meta-attack on the person playing the game instead of the protagonist, but it's only interesting the first time you encounter it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Thanks for all this, I enjoyed it immensely :) That was already quite professional for a first LP.

DimiPZC posted:

This quest is horrible fanfiction of the highest level.
...You have my attention.