Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Some LPs avoid the worst of the image lag by moving older updates to test posts so only the most recent one is loading in the thread, maybe that would help.

Also surprised that the dungeon is so straightforward after the craziness of the first update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

There's a fine line between silly and utter cringe, and so far we're staying on the right side of it. It helps that the game is actually solidly put together, it's a lot easier to forgive 'cheese illuminati' when everything else works properly and there isn't too much bullshit and it looks good.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

It works for me :) I can follow what's going on, it's not boring me, the updates aren't so long I zone out.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Well, this was a very abrupt return to the tone of the first update.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Jade Rider posted:

Ah yes, the obligatory Bonus Bullshit dungeon.

I don't know why so many game creators feel compelled to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

This whole game was a bizarre rollercoaster of tone whiplash that leaves me thinking that the devs didn't know what sort of game they wanted to create. I really liked the silliness of the first update, and then they forgot all about it and made a serious Zelda game that seemed pretty decent for the most part - which is fair enough but it's a shame they so completely abandoned the initial feel. They remembered a bit of silliness at the end, then had a far-too-serious postgame full of unnecessary bullshit before (in my opinion) crashing and burning here with this lolrandomcheeserofl cringe that might have been funny if they'd just toned it down a little bit.

Still, it was interesting to see, thanks for showing it off.