Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

nesamdoom posted:

Do ppl really not eat taco pizza outside the Midwest?

I'm originally from Niagara Falls, and it's popular in the greater Western New York area. I would say at least half the pizza places there make taco pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Aardvark! posted:

As a habitual leftover pizza microwaver, taco pizza was my bane for a long time. Well guess what, I like hot iceberg lettuce now! You lose!

You're a monster

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

You're in a break room, with pizza in your hand, when all of a sudden you look over and see a man dressed as a coffee cup. He wants to eat pizza, but he can't without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Aardvark! posted:

moving over to Germany, at first I found little,

This one looks like pickles, shredded pork, and hot dogs with ketchup or barbecue sauce; I would try it with the barbecue or nothing. Pickle pizza is really good if you use olive oil and garlic instead of sauce. (Gotta use dill pickles, of course.)

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

This isn't pizza, someone made a plate out of bread and poured soup on it.

Doll House Ghost posted:

I wonder if it's like a cheapo version of Guarana Antarctica? Or is the Antarctic just the thing South Americans like to put in soda names to reflect refreshing taste?
:magemage:

That makes sense, the Southern Hemisphere's version of "Arctic Blast."

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Barudak posted:

I am reliant on recipes and cooking instructions, so I wasn't really able to figure out how to salvage this mess and after an attempt to fix this I just gave up and ate something else.

I know it's mean to keep piling on, but the way to "salvage that mess" was just to turn the oven up and leave the pizza in longer. I'm not a great cook either, but how did you not figure out that undercooked food just needs to be cooked more? Or at least look up directions online/in a cookbook?

Now I'm imagining you throwing out a bunch of apples because the recipe said to cut them into quarters and you only cut them in half. This can't be salvaged!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Mozi posted:

those were pretty good where i was but sometimes the pizza had cornmeal on the bottom (to keep it from sticking?) and that was kinda gross

Yes, to prevent sticking to the pan. It's cheaper, cleaner, and more convenient than parchment paper or spraying the pans with enough food lube to keep the bread from sticking.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

muscles like this! posted:

These crabs look so sad.

They're just super high

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

SniperWoreConverse posted:

someone make this

someone make this and post it

I would, because I'm on a homemade pizza kick and I'm making one later today, but it calls for self-rising flour and potato flakes and other things I don't want to buy. Also this recipe sounds gross

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

no pubes yet sorry posted:

If I am being totally honest it actually isn't too bad but they shouldn't call it pizza. I stand by the fact that it looks like poo poo and doesn't make any sense.

We call it tomato pie around here, and usually sprinkle parmesan and heat it up before eating. I like actually like it cold, but I'm an animal who will eat cold canned ravioli and I'm going to make pickle pizza this weekend (no red sauce, it's olive oil and crushed garlic)

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Rhode Island pizza strips look like an unmotivated meal of someone deeply depressed, but Altoona '"pizza" is an abomination

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

steinrokkan posted:

Taco pizza... heavens wept

It's really good: seasoned ground beef, cheddar cheese, spicy red sauce, and then fresh tomato, lettuce, and sour cream on top when it comes out of the oven. The only real hazard is the lettuce: once you put the lettuce on, you can't reheat it or it'll go slimy and limp. The best places don't put lettuce on it until right before you eat it

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

nesamdoom posted:

Really tho, desert pizza doesn't get anything from the dough. Might as well put some jam and frosting on a crepe and it'd be less waste. At least that's how I see it. desert pizza sucks because of the pizza dough effort when a pancake or thing pancake would be way better to just load up with fruits and sugars. I also have seen enough of this thread to know that other people care more about form factor than flavour or in the case of a couple countries even comon sense to not just serve people a liquid mess of whatever the gently caress... or loose loving corn...

Every dessert pizza I've ever seen uses a sweet dough or cookie base, not pizza dough. What kind of ragged-rear end places are you people going to?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

nesamdoom posted:

the kinds using the same dough you talking about that doesn't work well for a desert. I wonder why cakes and every desert is soft... easier to eat. after eating it's no fun to eat some dense bullshit. a cookie bas would be fine if it wasn't an overbaked mess always and sweet dough is pretty much the definition of pancake. too much flour and time and it's hosed, thinner makes it last longer and why the gently caress would a desert pizza need to be stiffer than a normal slice. if you don't fold a normal slice then it's hosed, if you can't fold a desert slice it's trash. put the same poo poo on a pancake and it'll be better every time. nothing about some 'sweet dough' will beat a pancake/crepe for the purpose of delivering sweets to the face hole.championing rigidity in deserts is weird. do you like honeybuns or donuts? do you wish them to be harder to eat? I get that the idea is it's a 'desert pizza', but the focus should be desert.

I hope I don't come across too poorly. I don't know how else i'd be able to. mmmm, pineapple on desert pizza yum.

but really i do think it'd be better on a softer cakey thing to be able to fold and eat better. nothing hurts the desert by it being on a softer base.

It's not an actual pizza, it's like a cookie cake. You use an already baked dessert like a soft cookie or a thin layer of cake or something, and put sweet stuff on it and arrange it so it looks like a pizza

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Captain Hygiene posted:

Worst pizza ever: It was dismal. I kept the rest for later.

It's a step up from the person who just ate an undercooked pizza because letting it cook longer never occurred to them

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Hell, just use a roll of sugar cookie dough to make a giant cookie, coat it in butter and nonpareils, and bake that sucker off. Embrace the giant cookie

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Oh my god, I love it!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just went to CVS to pick up beer and they had Digiorno stuffed crust personal sized pizzas. I picked up two of them. I'm curious. They are microwavable which I don't think will be good but eh, I'm lazy.

Do you need a welfare check?

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

By popular demand posted:

But all glued together, fries are best enjoyed one at a time.

Pizza fries are a fork and knife food, like any loaded fries. And now I want some either pizza fries or poutine or some such concoction

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

By popular demand posted:

Now I'm wondering if anyone bakes a pizza bowl, fills it with salad so you can literally eat a salad bowl.

So a messy bread bowl with extra steps

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Captain Hygiene posted:

Those pizzas always look like they're made of play-doh or something. Not that I'm saying that would stop me

Choice avatar/post combo

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Yes, I'd like a disk of sliced onions resting on a circle of cheese-dough, charred fingers on top. Actually, make that THREE--we're having a party"

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

A place near me makes pickle pizza, it's decent but I prefer to make my own. Thin crust, herbs and spices with olive oil instead of sauce, and light cheese, with pickle and tomato slices-so good, highly recommend if you like pickles

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Data Graham posted:

Sonic made a Big Dill burger and tested it in my market for a total of one week this year. Then it was gone

KFC did a dill pickle chicken sandwich a couple years ago, and I'm a disgusting garbage person who enjoyed it and wishes it would come back. Part of it is just that I like dill a lot, it's my go-to herb for a lot of recipes

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

dr_rat posted:

Dill is indeed very good. I think you'd really have to know what you're doing to use it well on a pizza though.

I put it in pizza sauce all the time, it tastes just fine. It takes center stage when I make pickle pizza, but there's pretty much always at least a dash of dill in anything I cook

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Charles Leclerc posted:

After this lovely island birthed the jemmy twitcher, pickles on pizza seem like penance.

What is a jemmy twitcher? All I can find is pictures of different sandwich-looking things and reviews for an apparently dire takeout place called Ali's Alcove

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

This is some "Color out of Space" poo poo.

Is... Is it candy and colored sugar? That's the only thing that makes sense to me

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

This is some "Color out of Space" poo poo.

Okay, looking at it again, I think what happened is someone decided to waste their food coloring on the pizzas. I think the purple on the edges is all the food coloring that ran off the top of the pizza while it was baking and pooled at the edge

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

nesamdoom posted:

I can't juckin believe how much I liked the moment this genius thought about holding cheese and how that meant to eat the cheese or put it on the pizza and then went right for the mouthful of cheese.

That's pretty great, although the celebratory belly slaps are my favorite part. That's how I celebrate making pizza!

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Ok, I understand time and effort, but equipment is what, hands and a surface?

Have you made pizza dough, or any yeast bread, entirely by hand? It's hard, it's time-consuming--the dough needs a couple of hours to rise--and you need to practice to get it right, so that's multiple attempts at making dough, and most people don't want to gently caress around and experiment when they have to feed their family

I don't recommend making yeast bread entirely by hand, unless it's an experiment in learning to appreciate stand mixers

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Soul Dentist posted:

My dad makes pizza dough with a food processor, it's dope, and it takes like five minutes of work

Cool, now add in the time for it proof and then bake, plus you still have to know when it's done so that's a few practice batches, and that's why people don't want to make yeast bread from scratch when they've got actually important things to do

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Devils Affricate posted:

Broccoli is not a pizza topping!

Yes it is, you've just been getting inferior broccoli pizza. NY style, white sauce, and chicken: 🤌

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

These are great, I love the roommate so much

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

:lol:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Futanari Damacy posted:

A perfect troll (but wouldn't stop me from eating it)

Same, but I would be furious the entire time I was eating

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm assuming this is Brazil, land of pizza crimes and our mestre

She's speaking Portuguese and using a paint scraper as a knife for a pizza baked in a garbage can lid, so that's a good guess

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I honestly haven't eaten chain pizza since 2008

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I ended up doing a deep dive into 50s, 60s, and 70s pizza, and found some good stuff.

Mm-mm, grilled pizza rolls, just like my dear old Grampa Giuseppe used to make in The Old Country

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

free hubcaps posted:

It's genuinely kinda crazy how ubiquitous pizza has become in American pop and food culture considering it only really became a thing in the 1950s. Pizza is probably one of the most notable marketing success stories of the twentieth century imo

My great-grandmother, as the wife of a mine foreman, befriended a lot of recent immigrant employees and their wives. Apparently when the womenfolk exchanged recipes, my great grandma learned how to make pizza, and regularly served it about twenty years before it became a Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Is a "crisp bread" a cracker?