Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Is that.. onion peel on a pizza??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Round table sucks rear end. Expensive, promote pizzas laden with toppings then they skimp on them really hard.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

My friend who's made a lot of homemade pizza - and does it really bomb, had this insight - "my guess from making pizzas plenty is that they had the pizza on a peel and didnt flour the bottom well enough and when trying to slide it off the peel onto the pan to put in the oven it got hosed. and they baked anyways"

Also since I'm still back in January going through this thread I dunno if it's been posted, but very on brand and they rule hard, so - Absolutely Tasty - Pizza! Quality isn't great but there are enough close ups to be on thread-brand and enjoyable.

https://noodlemagazine.com/watch/-7016284_168547633

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

Just drop some cheddar on a plate and microwave it until it's melted, then scrape it off the plate with your fingers and eat it.

That was my favourite snack as a kid :sweatdrop:

Let me spin thee a short tale -

Myself and another friend were visiting a good friend of ours out-of-state, and his mom was in 'no carb' mode for various reasons. So, right taking us to the train station for our return trip, she gets a paper plate, covers it in sharp rear end cheddar, then microwaves it. Not till it was melted, but until it was crunchy, like when you overdo microwave nachos. Now there is a disc of peanut-brittle textured overcooked sharp cheddar and she is eating it during the drive. Now, she was a trucker for a living so very used to climate control during drives - beautiful day out, windows rolled up, AC going.

I recall looking at my friend in the backseat, him looking visibly ill, and rolls down the window a little bit just to try and get some air. He recalls right after he did it, meeting my friend's mom's eyes in the rearview mirror, that darted up to meet his almost as soon as he rolled it down. He sighed, took one breath of slightly fresh air and rolled it back up.

At least she didn't call it a cheese pizza.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

What kind of garbage pizza is being eaten that you'd ruin it with any kind of sauce

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I've really never understood the culinary philosophy of 'smother everything in excessive amounts of strong-flavored sauces of various kinds'. Like seriously, I really don't loving get it.

Gonna order some bomb pizza tonight in protest.

Seven cheese, pepperoni, roasted garlic (whole slices), red onion.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Looks like the oven version of when my friend's mom would make a plate of crispy cheese by covering a paper plate in sharp cheddar then another plate on top, then microwaved until it was the consistency of like hard crackers.

Just not cooked as much, and the low res pic makes it impossible to deduce it's anything but a square of oven heated cheese

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I mean sure it's a crunchy cheesy protein snack but maybe taking that plate of reeking loving cheese into an hours long car ride where she refused to also have the windows down maybe was a bit much

But that's a story for another day much like Maz Carbonara

But maybe one day I will actually tell that tale of woe and mirth

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I would try the last one just because me and a friend would frequently get Famous Bowls from the KFC at the end of my block and talk about how famous they were while incredibly stoned

It's some chain fish shop now that never has anyone at it

What I am really saying also is that they should have named it the 'Famous Slice' and not 'the colonel'. Bigtime marketing failure and makes me question the quality of their product

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

My friend made a point that that 'za is probably an insistent customer job

The crime is them making it regardless of what a wrong customer says to you. Making it regardless of circumstance is the crime

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

It's this guy who works at a resteraunt in France

Of course the French would be into this overwrought nonsense garbage

I really do think France has the most overrated cooking ever

https://www.instagram.com/pizzagabriel_official/?hl=en

His creations by and large look like garbage and he cuts all pizza with scissors because he makes moronic poo poo like super stretchy cooked dough etc

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

The most common thing is 'they created all these cooking techniques and sauces bases(lol) that are used everywhere now!'

Who cares if the food itself they identify as French food isn't very good

Oh boy a tortured animal forcefed so their liver can be all thick and sweet what an amazing cuisine and culture

And then they have culinary felons like that pizza guy who are lauded

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I think browning one side and flipping onto a non-hot pan and then finish cooking more like a regular pizza after adding the toppings would give a better result and avoid the butane step

Need to figure out something with the crust though. Probably have some extra mix to put around the browned edge

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

dr_rat posted:

Also, a lot of fats are very healthy for you. You should be having fats as part of a healthy varied diet. Although pretty sure the pepperoni fats are just straight up not great, as long as you're not eating stuff like those sorts of pizza slices for every meal and getting a good amount of exercise it's still all fine.

As you say moderation. Just be a drat adult about it.

I worked with a young guy at a cold storage place and every single day. Every. Single. Day. He would bring in Little Caesar's leftovers for lunch. Just lovely cheap pizza that is the WORST when it's not fresh, every single day. I can only assume the rest of his diet also consisted of that.

He also dipped and did energy drinks. Nice guy though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Regular Wario posted:

I put extra cheese on frozen pizzas because they tend to not have enough and i put it over the toppings already on the pizza but i let it cook for a bit so the toppings are crispy first before adding the cheese

This is the pro move

Another is making garlic butter and basting the crust/underneath before cooking