Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DYAR
Oct 8, 2002

Or, I wasted my time making one of the biggest copyright-strike, music videos. YouTube has blocked it, so I was able to get it onto Vimeo. Take advantage of that download button if they decide to shut this down too.

https://vimeo.com/458241248

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This is just a prank to try and make me watch Movie 43, isn't it?

DYAR
Oct 8, 2002

marshmallow creep posted:

This is just a prank to try and make me watch Movie 43, isn't it?

Holy poo poo, I didn't even think of that.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I enjoyed the editing to the beat and the themeing of the images at the beginning of the movie. I felt that the music and collage of images started to drift apart from each other at the mid-point and I just am not sure what was trying to be accomplished, it became very dissonant - if that was the intended effect then you absolutely achieved it. I know this must have been a tremendous amount of work and I don't regret watching this. Thanks for posting it.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Very cool! Love movie mashups. :)

DYAR
Oct 8, 2002

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I enjoyed the editing to the beat and the themeing of the images at the beginning of the movie. I felt that the music and collage of images started to drift apart from each other at the mid-point and I just am not sure what was trying to be accomplished, it became very dissonant - if that was the intended effect then you absolutely achieved it. I know this must have been a tremendous amount of work and I don't regret watching this. Thanks for posting it.

You nailed it. After many years of working on this, I started with a concept that turned into a somewhat coherent story. But then I couldn't find enough movies to fulfill my story properly and realized I was well in over my head. I ended up going for more trippy visuals when I couldn't connect the dots.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
This was really cool, how long did it take you to do this?

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Are some of the cosmic opening shots from The Tree of Life?

DYAR
Oct 8, 2002

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This was really cool, how long did it take you to do this?

On-and-off for about 3 years.

Rando posted:

Are some of the cosmic opening shots from The Tree of Life?

Yes, and I continued to sprinkle more throughout the rest. There's just too many beautiful shots to not use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I''m gonna watch it because you used a Boards of Canada song.

edit: and Arms and Sleepers, and Clark, and Burial, and gently caress Buttons.