Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

my god...

falcons, jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

So I...well don't want to go into that bullshit that will make you feel bad.

But you're all in on Herbert from now on (even if it's horrendously unfair to Tyrod who exists to be put in this situation)? I saw no reason not to do that today. I think he'll get more hype than he deserves, but at the same time I saw him do just fine other than one absolutely horrid decision on one hand and on the other make a throw very few people could make that was good.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1307825462983487488

Goddamnit I feel so bad for him. Dude is a very good nickel corner but he didn't even get to play in 2017 and 2019 because of injuries and now gets a season ending one at the beginning of game 2

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

Mystic Stylez posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1307825462983487488

Goddamnit I feel so bad for him. Dude is a very good nickel corner but he didn't even get to play in 2017 and 2019 because of injuries and now gets a season ending one at the beginning of game 2

his body is made of potato chips

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

So I...well don't want to go into that bullshit that will make you feel bad.

But you're all in on Herbert from now on (even if it's horrendously unfair to Tyrod who exists to be put in this situation)? I saw no reason not to do that today. I think he'll get more hype than he deserves, but at the same time I saw him do just fine other than one absolutely horrid decision on one hand and on the other make a throw very few people could make that was good.

I was pleasantly surprised with Herbert. He made a few rookie mistakes, but he definitely looked like he belonged. That TD pass, and the 25 yard hookup with Keenan in the 3rd quarter were gorgeous.

The defense player out of its mind and aside from that Tyreek TD, played pretty mkstake free other than the offsides issues. And if you lose on two 58 yard field goals, so be it.

I thought we were gonna lose by 20, so there's that

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Maybe the most "boring" win in the Lamar Jackson era. Including the original games where we would only run. Not many big plays aside from the Ingram TD on getting by a stacked line and the dobbins run in garbage time. But those are the wins you need on the road against last year's playoff teams.

Line was bad again at times, but also going up against Myles Garrett and JJ Watt in the first two weeks will make us look a little worse than we actually are.

Gotta make Dobbins the featured back. Let him loose against KC.

Sad to hear about Tavon Young. Some just don't have the body to play in the NFL :(

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Congrats to Jake locker for the good debut

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Herbert looked real good and the Chargers did a great job throwing out the surprise card on the Chiefs Defense.

Can't blame them because I don't think Tyrod makes it a game. Punting in OT absolutely was the most cowardly act.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Barreft posted:

my god...

falcons, jesus christ

that failed onside recovery should count as a turnover

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
All things considered the Chargers looked pretty ok for a rebuilding team. Hebert looked really good outside of the dumbass pick, the run game did very well for the most part. The d-line dominated the Chiefs for most of the game. Figured they were gonna lose the game eventually when they settled for a FG instead of the TD after the bootleg but eh. I expected them to get obliterated by 20 and they frustrated the defending champs for most of the game. Punting in OT was an obscenely dumb decision but whatever.

Not great but not bad. This still feels like a 8-8 team at best but hey, if they're gonna do the usual Charger Schtick of finding fresh and creative ways to blow games at the last possible second, we'll at least have some fun getting there.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I know by the scoring rules it isn't but that onside should absolutely count as a giveaway

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Butker is like the kicker version of Mahomes. He's unreal.

Reminder he has a 41 inch vertical which is my favorite useless kicker stat now

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
If the Cowboys do anything more noteworthy than this morning game, I'll be mad.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1307832120757420032

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Ravens position is telling

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Charger Tier

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/surrender_index/status/1307824704049348610

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Just popping in to say TITANS BITCH

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Charger Tier

Yeah assuming this is about the Chiefs I agree. Stupid homers aside no one expects the Chiefs defense to be good. We do expect the offense to be a hell of a lot more than it was.

Ha, just realized Melvin Gordon would have been a useful player today if you guys weren't going to use Ekeler any more than you did.

e: it might not be about the Chiefs since it took me like 5 minutes to figure out how to read these dumb graphs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe Butker had to kick from 53, 58 and 58 for that final 3 points and drilled all of them

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

love to see the next three opponents in the top eight

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

MoaM posted:

Ravens position is telling

What does it mean? I don't understand it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

I can't believe Butker had to kick from 53, 58 and 58 for that final 3 points and drilled all of them

He also made another 58 yarder earlier in the game lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah assuming this is about the Chiefs I agree. Stupid homers aside no one expects the Chiefs defense to be good. We do expect the offense to be a hell of a lot more than it was.

Ha, just realized Melvin Gordon would have been a useful player today if you guys weren't going to use Ekeler any more than you did.

I really like Josh Kelley, our rookie RB

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Intruder posted:

I'm sobbing imagining him on the bears 2 years ago

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Intruder posted:

It was loving masterful.

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020

Does football have more useless “stats” than baseball now?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I feel really bad for Tyrod and it sucks that this is his career arc but uh

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1307834994555985920?s=19

I don't think you can go back to him now

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tyrod might need to hear that in order to make it through

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kawalimus posted:

What does it mean? I don't understand it.

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding things (which is possible!) the slash lines are what it's attempting to show.

So top right is good like all of these things, but bottom right can be fine if your offense is good enough. So Green Bay and the Rams are relatively about the same in different ways, same with the Jags and Steelers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BigSexy posted:

It's all in good fun, slow your roll there

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

a neat cape posted:

There are worse things than the Chase Daniel career path

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Not a ton of offensive fireworks for the Ravens but they could have dialed it up if it was closer. Basically just drained the air out of the ball in the 4th quarter and ended it as quickly as possible.

Offensive line was poo poo in the first half but looked better the second. Defensive line got some serious pressure on Watson, way more than Mayfield. I know Houston's line is seriously banged up but it's still encouraging.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They're not seriously banged up they're just seriously bad

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Harrison Butker. That is all.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You can’t pull Herbert dude is clicking hard. He looked better than Burrow. Yes yes it’s early.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

A little too early to be saying that. Let Herbert string together a few more impressive games and yeah, I'd have to agree.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

You can’t pull Herbert dude is clicking hard. He looked better than Burrow. Yes yes it’s early.

Burrow looked as good as someone who is taking snaps directly from the defensive tackle can, though

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BigSexy posted:

Surrender Index is the most important stat in sports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mystic Stylez posted:

Burrow looked as good as someone who is taking snaps directly from the defensive tackle can, though

gently caress him Tannehill caught same poo poo for YEARS so I’m paying it forward (you’re right)