Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The NFC West and NFC East are a division of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

How do Falcons fans do it?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Your 28-3 Atlanta Falcons

Mega64
May 23, 2008

adaz posted:

I missed the falcons game because you know who cares but this is stunning

440-0.

Speaking of hilarious stats.

quote:

San Francisco took a 21-3 lead in the first half, while Mostert and quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo suffered injuries. By the second half, the Niners were more or less content to run out the clock. And yet the Jets still struggled to stop a team without its starting quarterback and running back and with little interest in moving the ball. On third-and-31 in the third quarter, the Niners handed the ball off to Jerick McKinnon, just hoping to take 40 seconds off the clock and punt the ball away. Instead, McKinnon picked up 55 yards and a first down:

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1307756927355674624

The Jets were drat sure they weren’t going to give up an 80-yard touchdown on a sweep again; instead, they overcommitted to defending the right half of the field, leaving the middle of the field almost entirely undefended. McKinnon cut back through a massive hole, beat one defender with a juke, and there was nobody else in between him and the first-down marker. On third-and-31. It’s only the second time in the Pro Football Reference database that a team has picked up a first down by running on third-and-30 or longer; nobody had done it since 1999. (I highly recommend that you watch the video of the first time it happened.)