Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd
Well here it is, Another InuYasha

quote:

Synopsis

The daughters of Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha set out on a journey transcending time!

In Feudal Japan, Half-Demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi's brother, Souta, and his family.

Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a Demon Slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa's shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister.

Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past.

Starts up Oct 3 2020

Lets see how much of a poo poo show this is going to be How awesome this is going to be

Here is the MAL link you lazy bastards: https://myanimelist.net/anime/41911/Hanyou_no_Yashahime__Sengoku_Otogizoushi

Here is the PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WFp2_L4WVg

I swear the PV stole music from Batman in a few places.

Balsa fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Sep 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looks decent enough so far at least. It will be available on Crunchyroll and other legal streaming services and an English dub has also been confirmed:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-09-23/inuyasha-spinoff-anime-yashahime-to-stream-on-crunchyroll-funimation-hulu/.164364

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
drat it, I was gonna start a thread today, and I was really gonna put effort in it.

Anyways, I think it will be pretty good. My main problem with Boruto is that he's really unlikeable and is kind of a clone of his dad, while Towa and Moroha at least look distinct and act differently from their fathers. Setsuna is the exception, as she's cold like Sesshomaru, but at least she stands out

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 23, 2020

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also, is it just me, or did they make the characters in the anime way more unlikable than in the manga? I decided to read it this year, and while it still has some major issues (mainly being too long and repetitive), I still enjoyed it because of the characters, plus it had some very nice emotional moments. Plus, in my opinion, the vast majority of the cast (save Miroku) are likeable yet flawed, have reasonable motivations and explanations for how they act. The anime, on the other hand, really plays up the negative aspect of them, to the point where it makes them unbearable at times. Inuyasha, while still rude and immature in the manga, is made much more of a jerkass, such as telling Sango that he'll kill Kohaku to her and daring her to stop him, and Inuyasha is also just ruder towards Kagome in general. Another example is that the Sit command that Kagome uses in the manga is WAY overplayed in the anime, and Kagome in general is much more short tempered and irritable in it as well.

In addition to this, the anime also makes the relationship between Inuyasha and Kagome a lot more combative and ugly. Now your mileage may vary on them, but as someone who read the manga,
I liked them as a couple, although I won't say it's the greatest love story ever told.So it was disappointing to see that not only do they fight more, but that they also REMOVED scenes of the two bonding together, or changed them to having them bicker.
In the manga after around Chapter 200 in the manga, the two don't really fight outside of when Inuyasha goes to see Kikyo, and even then, it's usually just Kagome being upset for a couple of pages.

Thank you for viewing my Ted Talk on Inuyasha

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd
I'm game if you have a really awesome post, I would be happy to update it and give credit of course.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Balsa posted:

I'm game if you have a really awesome post, I would be happy to update it and give credit of course.

I'm still working on it; also I don't have PMs, so I can't send you what I have.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I seem to recall that Kikyo acted a bit more antagonistic at times in the anime as well.

Another odd thing about this series is that even the manga had filler arcs (it also probably could have been at least 100 chapters shorter than it actually was), I still liked it and parts of the anime well enough though and am cautiously optimistic about the revival.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

starting a thread of what will probably be a pretty good sequel to a childhood favorite of a lot of us with "let's see how much of a poo poo show this is going to be" is kind of a weird look.

like why not let somebody who would actually put care and effort into it make the thread instead

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Larryb posted:

I seem to recall that Kikyo acted a bit more antagonistic at times in the anime as well.

Another odd thing about this series is that even the manga had filler arcs (it also probably could have been at least 100 chapters shorter than it actually was), I still liked it and parts of the anime well enough though and am cautiously optimistic about the revival.

Agreed, So far the PV has given me some hope. It should an interesting series to watch out for this season for sure.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

everythingWasBees posted:

starting a thread of what will probably be a pretty good sequel to a childhood favorite of a lot of us with "let's see how much of a poo poo show this is going to be" is kind of a weird look.

like why not let somebody who would actually put care and effort into it make the thread instead

I mean, We can hope for a good sequel, I'm jaded to the point that any sequel of any long dead show is seen to me as a money grab until proven otherwise. The PV has given me hope. but who know, it could be hot garbage.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Willo567 posted:

Also, is it just me, or did they make the characters in the anime way more unlikable than in the manga? I decided to read it this year, and while it still has some major issues (mainly being too long and repetitive), I still enjoyed it because of the characters, plus it had some very nice emotional moments. Plus, in my opinion, the vast majority of the cast (save Miroku) are likeable yet flawed, have reasonable motivations and explanations for how they act. The anime, on the other hand, really plays up the negative aspect of them, to the point where it makes them unbearable at times. Inuyasha, while still rude and immature in the manga, is made much more of a jerkass, such as telling Sango that he'll kill Kohaku to her and daring her to stop him, and Inuyasha is also just ruder towards Kagome in general. Another example is that the Sit command that Kagome uses in the manga is WAY overplayed in the anime, and Kagome in general is much more short tempered and irritable in it as well.

In addition to this, the anime also makes the relationship between Inuyasha and Kagome a lot more combative and ugly. Now your mileage may vary on them, but as someone who read the manga,
I liked them as a couple, although I won't say it's the greatest love story ever told.So it was disappointing to see that not only do they fight more, but that they also REMOVED scenes of the two bonding together, or changed them to having them bicker.
In the manga after around Chapter 200 in the manga, the two don't really fight outside of when Inuyasha goes to see Kikyo, and even then, it's usually just Kagome being upset for a couple of pages.

Thank you for viewing my Ted Talk on Inuyasha

The old anime really did feel pieced together. loved watching it. but it was missing a ton of story character development. I should really go back and read all the manga.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I forget, does Rumiko Takahashi have any involvement with this besides being responsible for a few of the character designs? Also, are any of the staff from the original/Final Act returning for this?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Larryb posted:

I forget, does Rumiko Takahashi have any involvement with this besides being responsible for a few of the character designs? Also, are any of the staff from the original/Final Act returning for this?

According to some recent magazine issues with the director, Takahashi is responsible for the base story, and is supervising the script.

Also, to my knowledge, most of the staff from the original/Final Act are returning, including Kaoru Wada

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Larryb posted:

Looks like a few of the staff worked on Final Act, looking at the list. The director(Satou, Teruo), and artist (Hishinuma, Yoshihito) both worked on final act for more then a dozen eps

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Neat, out of curiosity what did Takahashi think of the Inuyasha anime (I know she wound up canonizing at least one of the characters it created at least)?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Willo567 posted:

drat it, I was gonna start a thread today, and I was really gonna put effort in it.

Anyways, I think it will be pretty good. My main problem with Boruto is that he's really unlikeable and is kind of a clone of his dad, while Towa and Moroha at least look distinct and act differently from their fathers. Setsuna is the exception, as she's cold like Sesshomaru, but at least she stands out

Just make the thread Willo. There isn't a "first dibs" rule. If you make a better thread, it will get posts. I think posters would be happier with a thread OP that is enthusiastic for the show.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Just post the op you want the op of this thread to be then the op can edit your op into the op.

I was a big fan of the original series, but I think I only made it through the first 50 episodes of it before I started missing episodes due to its late night schedule.

Anyways, already a big fan of baby Inuyasha.

Edit: Are the original english voice actors still in the biz? Gonna feel weird without them.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Willo567 posted:

Also, is it just me, or did they make the characters in the anime way more unlikable than in the manga?
This is a recurring theme for pretty much all adaptations of Rumiko Takahashi's works.

They all make the characters shallower and shoehorn in more jokes and gimmicks.

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd

Captain Cappy posted:

Just post the op you want the op of this thread to be then the op can edit your op into the op.

I was a big fan of the original series, but I think I only made it through the first 50 episodes of it before I started missing episodes due to its late night schedule.

Anyways, already a big fan of baby Inuyasha.

I remember back when I tried to sit down and watch it in series that it was all over the place. Inconsistent arcs and whatnots, might of been a incomplete set that I got.

Anyone suggest a boxset to get of final act?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Balsa
May 10, 2020

Turbo Nerd
I concede to Willo567's post