Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
My hope with the motherhood question is that if it does turn out to be Rin, they use some timey wimey stuff to at least take the edge off it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Larryb posted:

For a second I forgot the backstory and actually assumed Towa was Kagome’s kid as she kind of struck me as a slightly more confident version of her.

Setsuna and Moroha definitely take after their dads though (also I appreciate the latter’s VA doing her damndest to imitate Kappei Yamaguchi‘s performance).

Towa was brought up by Kagome's family, wasn't she?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

My wild theory right now is that the Rainbow Pearls are in fact the sealed away souls of their missing parents. Probably Red = Inuyasha, Gold = Sessomaru, Silver = Kagome? Or maybe some other permutation

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I'm pretty much assuming neither abandoned their kids and there's some kind of shenanigans afoot.

Edit: vvv I meant some outside force took away their parents somehow

Fangz fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 10, 2020

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Episode 3 Reaction: Holy poo poo Sesshomaru really did leave his kids in the wilderness to see if they'd survive. Did his wife die in childbirth, because I can't see her allowing that

I don't think that's actually true, remember that the Dream Butterfly ate all her memories, so maybe she just inferred that was the case from her situation.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

It looks more like Kikyou

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Okay, I'm calling it now, I reckon Towa and Setsuna are from the future relative to the "Feudal" timeline, so the Rin we see this episode is a Rin *before* she gave birth to them, and Sesshomaru is working with Kirinmaru to try to change this past somehow.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Larryb posted:

Haven’t watched the new episode yet but does it confirm that Rin is in fact their mom?

No, but the implication seems pretty strong and what is happening between Rin and Sesshoumaru seems at the crux of the overall plot.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Also this episode got me to learn about the history of apples in Japan.
https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/japanese-apples

quote:

In one such work, the 1873 A Guide to World Customs, author Nakagane Masahira and his Tokyo publisher included an illustration of Newton’s discovery of gravity after he saw an apple fall from a tree. But, what was an apple, anyway? No such fruit was for sale in Tokyo. The publisher obviously thought it would be easier to replace the unknown foreign fruit with something more familiar, such as a Japanese plum.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I sure hope Sesshomaru didn't kill Inuyasha and Kagome...

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Wow, you guys sure are uh...

Well I'm still enjoying this show a lot.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

It's mostly that this thread is like 80% complaining

Edit: VVV yes, we've established that you feel that way

Fangz fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 1, 2020

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I mean they can't all be nice to each other immediately, there has to be room for development later. I'm guessing that when we find out what exactly Moroha wants all this money for, there would be a change to their relationship. For now the sisters seem to assume that Moroha is the money-grubbing capitalist whereas Setsuna is fighting demons to help people, while Towa is trying to heal her sister, so Moroha's motives seem the most suspect and selfish.

EDIT: Especially as Moroha keeps trying to manipulate the two into doing fighting for her own benefit, and wants to get the two to fight their own dad.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 5, 2020

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Larryb posted:

Fair, though we’re also 10 episodes into a 24 episode show so unless they’ve got another season planned (which wouldn’t surprise me given the current pacing) things kind of need to pick up in that regard fairly soon.

Also seems like Takechiyo is an official member of the party now (though we still don’t know if he can fight at all).

Well, they've knocked off 2/4 Perils now, and they have a solid hint on the recover-setsuna's-memory quest, so I think they can fit in confronting Kirinmaru and Sesshomaru in the back half.

Willo567 posted:

Didn't Jyubei say that Moroha had a debt? Wouldn't surprise me if that's the reason she's obsessed with making money

That seems a super tenuous reason, especially since Towa's end goal currently is that all three of them go live in the modern world, which would render all such debts irrelevant. And like it'd not really clear how Moroha could be legitimately in that much debt anyway.

My sort of guess right now is that Moroha is aiming to buy her parents' freedom somehow.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 5, 2020

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Larryb posted:

I thought Riku said a few episodes back that there were 7 pearls in all?

Well, then we've accounted for 6 of them so far, haven't we? Only 3 are in the trio's hands, but the rest have been gathered together by the corpse dealer/Riku. It's not clear whether Riku will be a midboss or an endboss, but I think we'll probably end the "gradually collect pearls" stage once the Perils are done and Riku shows his hand.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Dec 5, 2020

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Willo567 posted:

I really don't know if that's entirely the reason she wants them around - maybe it's a part of it, but like I said, she looked like she was about to cry while riding to Koton because Towa and Setsuna wouldn't come with her.

Also, other than trying to rope Towa and Setsuna into doing the one bounty with Jakotsumaru, when did she try to manipulate them?

Well, I don't mean that's the actual reason, but that it could easily seem to Towa and Setsuna that this is the reason, since they don't have the benefit of our point of view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Larryb posted:

If you think about it, the Corpse Dealer is technically the closest thing Moroha has to a father figure unless you want to count Myoga. Though whether he actually gives two shits about her outside of her debt to him I’m not entirely sure.

Given how he's working with Riku, he seems really sketchy to me.