Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Abongination posted:

This is definitely not real. A peripheral intravenous catheter always points towards the heart or else you’d get oedema (fluid overload) and potential tissue death / compartment syndrome.

jokes on you fluid overload is how you separate the adrenochrome from the jenis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

galenanorth posted:

It's very clear that he made this mistake of just deciding to accept Trump's repeated lie of calling Biden's plan "the Green New Deal" after a short time of trying to explain that his plan is different, then rather than say how, because that'd be publicizing the Green New Deal's jobs guarantee, he skipped to defending his own plan under Trump's "Green New Deal" name. I don't think you can have missed this unless you're a conservative trolling

Pretty sure nobody is saying he thought he was in favor of the new green deal, it's just that this mushmouthed dementia patient isn't able to keep his terms straight. If his brain cells were clacking together properly he would not start aping trumps intentionally obfuscating terminology

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

this is very obviously his strategy and it worked in 2016, so I guess we only have to see if it'll work again

the entire night was basically Trump ascribing some really popular policy to Biden, and then Biden saying he'd never do that and in fact if you want that you're a POS. Was it the GND stuff where Trump capped it off by saying Biden just lost the left? lmao. Pretty much every lefty who has been trying to pull him across the line was deeply discouraged by tonight but I think most come back because of the Proud Boy thing, I guess on the implicit assumption that Biden would be any more protection against white supremacist militias? which I don't see but whatever

what details of the Biden Plan did he go into? I must've missed that part

something something tax credits for renewables, millions of new manufacturing jobs, but he didn't say anything else at all about it. His (claimed) carbon emissions reduction goal is the same as Bernie's, by 2050, but without provisions like a jobs guarantee and large gaps where "experts will come up with a plan" or something, and he budgeted the least for his plan out of any primary candidate

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 14:27 on Sep 30, 2020

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

watching bits of the debate and it was a complete waste of time as a debate, but as a test of “will biden stay reasonable cognisant “ until the election then i think he passed it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

galenanorth posted:

something something tax credits for renewables, millions of new manufacturing jobs, but he didn't say anything else at all about it. His (claimed) carbon emissions reduction goal is the same as Bernie's, by 2050, but without provisions like a jobs guarantee and large gaps where "experts will come up with a plan" or something, and he budgeted the least for his plan out of any primary candidate

ah, grifter stuff and the same promise nobody has delivered on but all have made since NAFTA, this time with a shiny new excuse I guess

Jel Shaker posted:

watching bits of the debate and it was a complete waste of time as a debate, but as a test of “will biden stay reasonable cognisant “ until the election then i think he passed it

if Trump were serious about testing Biden's mettle he'd demand two debates in two days. It's already basically widely known that they've got a brainpower cocktail that can make Biden lucid for an evening and then he disappears for a week.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
biden couldn't even figure out how to hammer trump on "he has no healthcare plan" in the fourth year of trump's presidency in a year especially bad for health

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Jel Shaker posted:

I hope they wrote down the exact drug cocktail THey got him on cause it did the job

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol oh poo poo i’m just at the closing remarks and yep trump if definitely going to try to steal the election

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

still lolling at Chris Wallace’s exasperated good night at the end

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
lol Biden is a Disney robot

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i'm watching it now and it becomes a mess after like 2 minutes lmao. i wonder if Chris Wallace knew it would be like this, what an insane job

trump kicks off hard, holy poo poo

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

CODChimera posted:

i'm watching it now and it becomes a mess after like 2 minutes lmao. i wonder if Chris Wallace knew it would be like this, what an insane job

trump kicks off hard, holy poo poo

I wonder if Trump's insane performance means he's scared as poo poo.

He certainly didn't do this to Hillary, because back then he didn't give a gently caress (because he didn't want to win)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Abongination posted:

This is definitely not real. A peripheral intravenous catheter always points towards the heart or else you’d get oedema (fluid overload) and potential tissue death / compartment syndrome.
I claimed that he had an adrenal pump from Shadowrun but I wasn't serious

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Shageletic posted:

Ultimate take: Trump wins by eroding Bidens base. This debate helped with that.

This was clearly one of his main goals last night with how often he tried to zing Biden with "uh oh you just lost the radical left!" As if that hadn't already happened.

Looking at this thread, he seems to have done well though.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

moist turtleneck posted:

lol just remembered trump bringing up his tulsa rally and how it was completely safe

Just completely memory-hole'd Herman Cain lmao

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Zeno-25 posted:

that and the campaign making attendees sign a non-disclosure agreement are also things that Joe Biden was a failure at mentioning. All of that doesn't make him apoplectic, only an attack on his son's honor does

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grimdude posted:

This was clearly one of his main goals last night with how often he tried to zing Biden with "uh oh you just lost the radical left!" As if that hadn't already happened.

Looking at this thread, he seems to have done well though.

the problem is that Biden hasn't lost the radical left

it's pathetic to see but the left are the people working hardest to drag him across the finish line, they really need to stop spending their energy empowering someone who will order them killed and instead focus on family and community to weather what's coming regardless

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Halloween Jack posted:

I claimed that he had an adrenal pump from Shadowrun but I wasn't serious

is that the +1 AP one, that's a good one

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Durf posted:

highlights were def Trump implying that

- Biden's pandemic response was worse than his own
- Biden's college grades was worse than his own
- Biden's son's military service was worse than his own (whilst also calling him a cokehead)

and escaping unscathed in each case

owns

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zeno-25 posted:

I was watching on Hasan's stream, someone who got his start bringing on chuds to insult and destroy them, and like the whole debate he was SCREAMING at all the easy as poo poo layups Biden was missing lmao

these people really are just docile little babies when the attacks are coming from the right, like he literally just sat there glassy eyed until one of his kids came up or Trump said Biden supports something popular in his party when he'd light up and loudly denounce the evil left lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well, twelve hours in, how are the search terms fairing

huh. guess no one's interested in Biden's website

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Epic High Five posted:

the problem is that Biden hasn't lost the radical left

it's pathetic to see but the left are the people working hardest to drag him across the finish line, they really need to stop spending their energy empowering someone who will order them killed and instead focus on family and community to weather what's coming regardless

Yes, truly leftists are pathetic for preferring Biden over Trump. What kind of pathetic person would do something like prefer Trump not be president any longer? The less pathetic option is to just sit out and talk about the weather haha.

And in a much less sarcastic tone: how exactly is Biden likely to "order me killed" over the current president who empowers actual violent terrorist groups? Not to mention I've never seen more people willing to voice just how eager they are to kill fellow Americans by running them over with their cars. I can't imagine a scenario where I'm MORE safe with a president who tells Proud Boys to just "stand by."

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Victory Position posted:

well, twelve hours in, how are the search terms fairing

huh. guess no one's interested in Biden's website

I can't tell if this is good for trump or bad

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grimdude posted:

Yes, truly leftists are pathetic for preferring Biden over Trump. What kind of pathetic person would do something like prefer Trump not be president any longer? The less pathetic option is to just sit out and talk about the weather haha.

And in a much less sarcastic tone: how exactly is Biden likely to "order me killed" over the current president who empowers actual violent terrorist groups? Not to mention I've never seen more people willing to voice just how eager they are to kill fellow Americans by running them over with their cars. I can't imagine a scenario where I'm MORE safe with a president who tells Proud Boys to just "stand by."

Obama literally coordinated with state and local police to crack down on protesters in every way from busting them up as with OWS to Tear Gas Jenny throwing a bunch of anarchists into solitary without charges for months for the crime of "having anarchist literature." This isn't even going into Standing Rock and Ferguson and the rest, btw. If you think you're safer under Biden or that the right wing militias will just go home if Trump loses you're making the same error in calculation that many have regretted

I don't give a poo poo what they prefer, the pathetic bit is when they're expending their valuable time and energy to do way, way more than the man or his base are willing to do themselves, because to what end is it all? Installing someone to the right of Obama who spent all 8 years brutalizing the left and ignoring right wing violence once he'd done just enough to ensure the rich wouldn't suffer as a result of their criminality?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/ciaolivia/status/1311151062267473921

Six people constantly talking over each other in two languages.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

like i've said before, focus on the local, it's the only place your vote counts and nobody at the top is coming to save you or even prefers you'd be alive and bothering them. Vote for Biden or don't, it's irrelevant, but don't actually like, do his campaigning for him lmfao

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020
record number of ppl have already voted so im not sure depressing blue turnout is the winning strat

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

oxsnard posted:

If they to the wiki page? Bad.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
who cares about safety shet give me money. GIMME THOSE TRUMPBUX

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Admiral Ray posted:

If they to the wiki page? Bad.

like a lovely version of fight club

"According to David Neiwert, they recruit with emphasis on right-wing 15–30 year old white males who come primarily from suburbs and exurbs. The Proud Boys say they have an initiation process that has four stages and includes hazing. The first stage is a loyalty oath, on the order of "I’m a proud Western chauvinist, I refuse to apologize for creating the modern world"; the second is getting punched until the person recites pop culture trivia, such as the names of five breakfast cereals; the third is getting a tattoo and agreeing to not masturbate; and the fourth is getting into a major fight "for the cause."

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://i.imgur.com/QNroqJ3.mp4

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oxsnard posted:

I can't either quite yet

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

lmao, incredible

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

galenanorth posted:

It's very clear that he made this mistake of just deciding to accept Trump's repeated lie of calling Biden's plan "the Green New Deal" after a short time of trying to explain that his plan is different, then rather than say how, because that'd be publicizing the Green New Deal's jobs guarantee, he skipped to defending his own plan under Trump's "Green New Deal" name. I don't think you can have missed this unless you're a conservative trolling

:same: and C-SPAM owes me Biden putting on a show by wandering off-stage and they have yet to deliver on that. You all let your reality get warped by getting sucked into a cycle of exaggeration via meme

quite the mistake while doing a piss poor job differentiating the two.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/ciaolivia/status/1311288892604071936?s=21

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Rauros posted:

like a lovely version of fight club

"According to David Neiwert, they recruit with emphasis on right-wing 15–30 year old white males who come primarily from suburbs and exurbs. The Proud Boys say they have an initiation process that has four stages and includes hazing. The first stage is a loyalty oath, on the order of "I’m a proud Western chauvinist, I refuse to apologize for creating the modern world"; the second is getting punched until the person recites pop culture trivia, such as the names of five breakfast cereals; the third is getting a tattoo and agreeing to not masturbate; and the fourth is getting into a major fight "for the cause."

lmao I actually had to go and check that this was real :eyepop:

the Wikipedia article is not flattering and locked for edits. but in general giving their weirdo lovely fascist movement a massive platform seems bad, because even if most people suss out how pathetic they are many won’t

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

:hmmyes:

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/dwnews/status/1311222709930655744?s=21

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
The debate went about as badly as it could possibly have gone short of biden soiling himself live on national television. And I use the term "debate" very loosely - Chris Wallace should be ashamed, although I don't know what I expected from a fox news moderator. I'm done with people playing the "he's one of the good ones Fox keeps around to boost credibility" card though. He's as much of a hack as anyone else at the network.

Fortunately the case against Trump is clear, but Biden didn't convince anyone tonight who wasn't already on his side. He looked old and feeble, he had all the energy and presence of a moistened paper towel. They gotta up his modafinil prescription or something. I can't loving believe this gerontocracy poo poo, we have got to get somebody who's not 80 on the stage. It's loving embarrassing that the DNC loaded the dice for this loving senile old man when we could have had bernie (or even like, someone who's not 80).

Once Biden doesn't have Trump to run against he's going to get blown the gently caress out, 2022 is going to be as much of a bloodbath as 2010 was. Although that may be putting the cart before the horse, you have to hold the seats before you can lose them. But like, I'm writing off midterms at this point, we aren't scooping seats, we'll be losing them.

I dropped my ballot off at the clerk yesterday but holy poo poo are dems ever trying hard to make me feel bad about it. The future president of the United States, ladies and gentlemen. It's gonna be one of them.

"world watches in horror" and "worst thing on television since the Star Wars Holiday Special" is about right.

Paul MaudDib has issued a correction as of 19:29 on Sep 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

cumshitter posted:

god drat you guys are embarrassing tonight. im not happy biden is the nominee but stop tripping over your own dicks and balls to believe every loving negative thing about biden with zero proof, theres plenty to disagree with already

like what? he had a loving dialysis machine hidden in his suit pumping adrenochrome into him? jesus christ

biden is a lizard