Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Maximo Roboto posted:

Never watched the 2016 general debates. how were they different from tonight's?

Donald Trump interrupted Clinton so few times in that debate most people can name them: "wrong" over and over and "not a puppet, not a puppet". This one he constantly tried to talk over Biden and get more time the entire debate, to the point where it seemed half the debate was spent with him talking over Biden than them talking to each other or the moderator, and it actually worked once to get him an extra response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It's very clear that he made this mistake of just deciding to accept Trump's repeated lie of calling Biden's plan "the Green New Deal" after a short time of trying to explain that his plan is different, then rather than say how, because that'd be publicizing the Green New Deal's jobs guarantee, he skipped to defending his own plan under Trump's "Green New Deal" name. I don't think you can have missed this unless you're a conservative trolling

cumshitter posted:

god drat you guys are embarrassing tonight. im not happy biden is the nominee but stop tripping over your own dicks and balls to believe every loving negative thing about biden with zero proof, theres plenty to disagree with already

like what? he had a loving dialysis machine hidden in his suit pumping adrenochrome into him? jesus christ

:same: and C-SPAM owes me Biden putting on a show by wandering off-stage and they have yet to deliver on that. You all let your reality get warped by getting sucked into a cycle of exaggeration via meme

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 14:02 on Sep 30, 2020

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

this is very obviously his strategy and it worked in 2016, so I guess we only have to see if it'll work again

the entire night was basically Trump ascribing some really popular policy to Biden, and then Biden saying he'd never do that and in fact if you want that you're a POS. Was it the GND stuff where Trump capped it off by saying Biden just lost the left? lmao. Pretty much every lefty who has been trying to pull him across the line was deeply discouraged by tonight but I think most come back because of the Proud Boy thing, I guess on the implicit assumption that Biden would be any more protection against white supremacist militias? which I don't see but whatever

what details of the Biden Plan did he go into? I must've missed that part

something something tax credits for renewables, millions of new manufacturing jobs, but he didn't say anything else at all about it. His (claimed) carbon emissions reduction goal is the same as Bernie's, by 2050, but without provisions like a jobs guarantee and large gaps where "experts will come up with a plan" or something, and he budgeted the least for his plan out of any primary candidate

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 14:27 on Sep 30, 2020

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Zeno-25 posted:

Just completely memory-hole'd Herman Cain lmao

that and the campaign making attendees sign a non-disclosure agreement are also things that Joe Biden was a failure at mentioning. All of that doesn't make him apoplectic, only an attack on his son's honor does

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Paul MaudDib posted:

The debate went about as badly as it could possibly have gone short of biden soiling himself live on national television. And I use the term "debate" very loosely - Chris Wallace should be ashamed, although I don't know what I expected from a fox news moderator. I'm done with people playing the "he's one of the good ones Fox keeps around to boost credibility" card though. He's as much of a hack as anyone else at the network.

Fortunately the case against Trump is clear, but Biden didn't convince anyone tonight who wasn't already on his side. He looked old and feeble, he had all the energy and charisma of a moistened paper towel. They gotta up his adderall prescription or something. I can't loving believe this gerontocracy poo poo, we have got to get somebody who's not 80 on the stage. It's loving embarrassing that the DNC loaded the dice for this loving senile old man when we could have had bernie (or even like, someone who's not 80).

Once Biden doesn't have Trump to run against he's going to get blown the gently caress out, 2022 is going to be as much of a bloodbath as 2010 was. Although that may be putting the cart before the horse, you have to hold the seats before you can lose them.

I dropped my ballot off at the clerk yesterday but holy poo poo are dems ever trying hard to make me feel bad about it. The future president of the United States, ladies and gentlemen.

oh, right, aside from "Do tax cuts hurt the economy? And no talking about spending [even though it helps the economy more than the same amount of tax cuts, not just in the long-term but immediately for short-term stimulus]" there was also the time he was completely on Donald Trump's side with the "Can you trust the scientists or not?" question. It took way too long for him to resolve the contradiction by saying "Not everybody works for him". He was asked about Fauci's initial lie and didn't address it, but Biden had so little time to answer that it was probably for the best.