Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yeah it looks like Biden "won" by most of the traditional metrics, despite Trump basically "owning" the debate, such as it was. If Biden's favorables don't move he's probably fine. If they drop a few points due to wrestling in the mud with a pig Trump may have moved the needle somewhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Like I dunno I'm reading up on this daca thing and like, creating a class of people whose right to live in the country is determined by their continued job-having and they can never become citizens or have the right to vote and must continually justify their existence seems pretty bad to me but the guys who created it are the good guys because they're not deporting as many people?

I really feel like the people who are a bit pissed off with this whole thing might have a point?

Boy, wait until you hear about all our other visa programs.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Votes for no-hoper third party candidates automatically favor the incumbent why do people not grasp this.

Not really, actually they favor the leading candidate. In this case Joe Biden is leading. Therefore it follows that a third-party vote is in fact a vote for Joe.

It brings me no joy to report this.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

Biden said that systemic racism exists.

His utopian description of the "integrated suburbs" was wildly disconnected from reality and frankly incredibly insulting. If Trump hadn't been shouting unhinged lies constantly Biden's own bizarre statements might have gotten more scrutiny. Luckily for Biden, almost no one remembers a single word he said after that entire debacle.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TheWordOfTheDayIs posted:

Obama and Clinton were term limited. They were both wildly popular and would have been elected for third terms given the chance. There's no such thing as "ineffectual centrism." Centrism wins 2nd terms.

Conflating the incumbency advantage with an inherent "centrism advantage" is some incredible poo poo. Bush won a 2nd term also, we gotta do more invasions!!!!

Not even going to bother noting they largely accomplished Republican goals and brought aid and comfort to almost no one.