Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

nine-gear crow posted:

People are mad that the life raft they're being thrown isn't bedazzled with diamonds and will willingly take a gulp of sea water out of spite.

there is no life raft being thrown. thats why people are mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

nine-gear crow posted:

So that mouthful of sea water is the better option then?

its cute that you still have hope though

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

have you seen what's already happened?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I have. Which is exactly why assuming a Trump defeat will only make things worse is catastrophizing.

assuming a trump win will make things worse is also catastrophizing

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

This isn't the clever retort you think it is.

:ironicat:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fellwenner posted:

All you people whining about how Biden isn't a perfect progressive do realize that you can still organize, stay involved in local and national politics after the election, right? You can call your representatives, senators, &c. and agitate about what concerns you.

You will never get the policies you want without forcing the politicians you elect to move in the direction you want. Just remember that this doesn't stop when you cast your vote. Don't just vote and then go and wish real hard to yourself or bitch on the internet. If you want something you have to force your politicians in that direction, but that doesn't work if you have a president and party who truly do not give a gently caress about you.

so you're saying it won't work no matter who wins this election?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Rapner posted:

Let’s hand the election to Trump people! That’ll surely be great for green initiatives.

are you trying to imply that the party literally removing the green party from the ballot is going to be good for the green party?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fellwenner posted:

And how has that worked so far? Worked really well for Nader voters in the 00's, also worked really well for Green/Libertarians in '16.

how has voting blue worked out since 2000?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

spunkshui posted:

The only people removing the Green party is the Green party for not following the rules or paying something on time or giving enough of a gently caress to actually get on the ballot themselves.

It’s almost like they don’t expect to win but do intend to collect some donations.

is that why they were on the ballot until the democrats sued to remove them?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Space Gopher posted:

Trump issued an executive order to end DACA.

The courts ruled that he had the power to do so, but that the specifics of the way he did it were incorrect.

With a second term, he will have time to reissue the order to end DACA, in a way that complies with the court-ordered restrictions. This will result in DACA recipients, who are already registered with federal law enforcement, suddenly becoming eligible for immediate deportation.

Biden will not issue the same order. This is a significant difference between the two candidates.

But hey, you don't have to care, it's not like Trump is going to send ICE after your friends or the people you love.

why are you assuming the worst of trump? that's not very healthy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

spunkshui posted:

If they were on the ballot when they were not legally allowed to be on the ballot then they’re on the ballot because somebody is breaking the law.

Now which political party would break the laws during the election, gosh I just I can’t put my finger on it.

all of them? just a guess.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

spunkshui posted:

Yes?

I’m not in it to break laws and have like weird political wins that are completely criminal.

you just love the process and dont have too much of a stake in the outcome?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

OwlFancier posted:

Like I dunno I'm reading up on this daca thing and like, creating a class of people whose right to live in the country is determined by their continued job-having and they can never become citizens or have the right to vote and must continually justify their existence seems pretty bad to me but the guys who created it are the good guys because they're not deporting as many people? And now they're using the people they put in this weird second class citizenship as a political football?

I really feel like the people who are a bit pissed off with this whole thing might have a point?

no you see, you have to vote for the vice deporter in chief to help the people being deported

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

HD DAD posted:

Because they don’t want to admit they want a second Trump term.

we don't. i personally want a first howie hawkins term

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Space Gopher posted:

This is literally a right wing talking point designed to excuse Trump's despicable immigration record.

More people were captured at the border and deported under Obama because more people tried to cross the border, largely because of worse cartel violence and greater economic opportunity in the US. Trump has set more repressive border policies, and encouraged greater violence by law enforcement and white supremacists (but I repeat myself) against migrants and refugees both at the border and within the US. The Trump administration has openly violated US and international law on the treatment of refugees in a way that Obama and Biden never did.

But go ahead and repeat that thing you heard on Fox News. They must be on your side, because after all, they say they want to own the libs.

the term was created in 2014

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ascii genitals posted:

You were never going to vote for Trump, correct? And theoretically you were going to vote for a Democratic candidate until your feelings got hurt and you decided to take up some misguided revenge campaign--yes? OK

i've never voted for a republican or a democrat for president

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

smugly nodding to myself that Joe Biden didn't say "defund the police" as I bleed out after being shot at a Proud Boy checkpoint for being Jewish

stop catastrophizing. it isn't mentally healthy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ascii genitals posted:

Wow someone get this guy an award please, what an amazing life. is there a movie or anything i can watch about your struggles?

well im just point out youre wrong. a lot of us were not going to vote for a democrat

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and what about natural gas plants from fracking

that's "less polluting" you cracked the code

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

like, if I already decided that I wasn't voting for either, I sure as gently caress wouldn't watch this trainwreck of a debate. Go do something else!

are you the mythical undecided voter?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Biden said that systemic racism exists.

and he should know!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so the outcome is still massive amounts of carbon pollution that kills the planet regardless of who we vote for! hooray!

listen: are you gonna vote for the guy who doesn't believe in science? or the guy that believes in science but deliberately ignores what the scientists say?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

So you admit that you were wrong when you said Biden claimed racism was over?

i think you have me confused with someone else. i didnt say that.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

TyrantWD posted:

Less is better than more, but hey, if you want to be an accelerationist, have at it.

"i will ensure the destruction & murder of your children for profit, but less" isn't the winning message you seem to think it is

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

GreatGreen posted:

Thanks for keeping Trump in office by not voting for Biden.

well gee, if we have so much power then maybe biden should listen to our demands?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

ratbert90 posted:

Now is not the time to vote for change! You need to vote for Mondale! We need to beat Reagan!

Now is not the time to vote for change! You need to vote for Clinton! We need to beat Bush Sr!

Now is not the time to vote for change! You need to vote for Obama! We need to beat Bush Jr!

Now is not the time to vote for change! You need to vote for Obama! We need to beat McCain!

Now is not the time to vote for change! You need to vote for Clinton! We need to beat Trump!

Now is not the time to vote for change! You need to vote for Joe! We need to beat Trump!

this but unironically

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shammypants posted:

This is the problem, my dude. What if, and hear me out, Biden crushes it, and Howie gets like, no votes. You know, like he's getting 0% google searches? Your entire political life right now revolves around: (1) the ideal case, Biden loses in a close race and the deciding factor is people like you or (2) biden loses big time and you come around showboating and gloating and making absolutely no friends from it. What if.. you know, that doesn't happen?

oh is that why i should vote for biden?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

MyStereoHasMono posted:

I'm not really a regular here, trying to figure out what the NoJoe things mean based on their posting. Is it some political group for college freshmen?

we are communists in our 30s and 40s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Popete posted:

I didn't say Biden was going to resolve anything. The options in my mind are:

1. Trump wins and that is it, the end of American Democracy
2. Biden wins and everything is still poo poo but we buy ourselves some time to do something particularly in 2022

buying time to do what? is there a real plan here?