Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I have no trust that any feedback will be taken seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I don't really feel welcome here anymore after the end of the last feedback thread. It was considered pointless and stupid to get upset about the accusations thrown around, it was considered pointless and stupid to call out bad faith posting, it was considered pointless and stupid to give feedback about fight island in the give feedback about fight island thread, and I was in fact explicitly called out in the last post of the thread. Maybe I'll get some snarky lovely probe about not being 'unfairly targeted', but it's obvious that the mod team here has no loving clue what they're doing.

All people want here is some consistency and instead we get blanket rules and gameified probation rules. I'm glad we get to rely on the judgment of the same people who caused these problems in the first place to decide when some arbitrary ramp is or isn't applicable. Luckily if it's been 60 days since the last incident report, you earn a gold star and an occurrence is stricken from your permanent record! Why is it so hard to just use common sense, and to not pretend you're some loving daycare teacher. "Ugh I walk away for an hour and you rotten kids had an argument that was already over. Time to use my buttons and be a shithead about it in the process" It's just a joke at this point.

Problem: People are upset that others make posts about 'cum gutters' and wanting to have sweaty filthy sex with every wrestler on Earth
Solution: "no horny posting" becomes the siren call of fight island, said basically whenever and showing a lack of understanding of the original problem

Problem: It takes too long to root out problem posters
Solution: Create a goofball loving ramp system that relies on the already poor judgment of the people that caused the problem in the first place

Thankfully we've got a trusty group of watchdogs to make sure there's no "inter-forum bickering", a thing that has happened all of like twice on here.
Gob's Program: Y/N?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=149647 Lol.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

It wasn't because I wanted some probation ladder of rungs to climb, it was because people who antagonized and made people uncomfortable as gently caress on here got the same countless sixers as people who you get randomly pissy about. It made no sense to me to see people's rap sheets full of sixers, then 3 days or a week randomly, then back to sixers when they continued to exhibit the same behavior without change. That's when I would PM you, because you were doing a bad job. I do not believe that you are receptive to feedback like you claim based on literally years of evidence. Maybe you've done some great change lately, or the right people got in your ear, but considering your reaction to the last thread and the actions you chose? Not buying it

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

"That nonsense" was a convenient scapegoat to ignore the other salient points that I and others brought up and talked about. Thank you for your second post defending a terrible person because they managed to post about wrestling, and not the community you are supposed to help moderate.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Oh, is that what happened? He was "driven off this forum" because of 10 posts of criticism and feedback in the feedback thread? From people who have generally advocated and praised him as IK? While the rest of the forum is the same as it's been?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm not following how A leads to B there. I hope whoever did that gets in the maximum amount of trouble, though

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Would it be possible to get an apology for implying that the posts here enabled someone to send an alleged death threat?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Err. Okay then.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Can I get your thoughts on if the posts here created an environment that enabled someone to send a death threat they otherwise wouldn’t have?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Congrats to karmicknight for becoming IK. I gotta start making some threads....

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Out of curiosity, what goes into the decision making behind selecting the IKs? I mean this for Brut, Mekchu and CJ2 as well. I promise this isn't an interrogation or a 'gotcha' question :razzy: just genuinely curious

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Are GDTs meant for serious effort posting now? Your other examples you (RealFoxy) gave were about like, people trolling effort mega-threads and poo poo. GDTs are where people say "OMG HE HIT THE MOVE!!!!!~!~" and the emoticon with the face going :o and getting bigger. I'm not trying to fight Cavauro's battles, he is perfectly capable of doing that on his own, but I think it's a salient example of a poor use of buttons. Given that this is the feedback thread, my belief is that it is okay to provide feedback like this. Perhaps a single youtube link of a catchy K-Pop tune in the WWE SmackDown! GDT really is disruptive to the point of punishment, but I'm not seeing it. If your response is that it is bad posting and annoys you, well that's just like, your opinion, man! lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Who is dying on a hill? Why do people say poo poo like that? Christ

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Man...this place is wild. Alright man lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

What the gently caress are you talking about?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

Is there room in the contest to nominate Cavauro? Because I've seen some bad gimmicks, but this posting tops them.

Perfectly fine thing to drop into the thread.

Cavauro posted:

you can nominate me and i'll nominate you for that extremely embarrassing april fools thing

Lashing out in a complete over-reaction.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm at a genuine loss.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Like honestly, gently caress you, man. Total clown poo poo. Just clueless.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Everyone take notice of the language the mod chooses to use to defend his stupid decisions once he has preconceptions about you. Lashed out. Overreaction. Gimmick poster. Nonsensical posts. Utterly irrelevant. Fed up.

But don't worry, people implicitly agreed with the Food Mod coming in to call someone The Worst Gimmick or whatever. Just take notice, it's all I ask :)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Thanlis posted:

I got no standing here and even as a new poster I like Cav's posts, but "it's OK to be a dick as long as you're a well-loved member of the forum and you edit in an apology soon after" is not terribly great. It is in fact possible to be a genuine, kind, weird person and not do that.

On the other hand I'm not sure probation is gonna change much. Moderating isn't fun.

It's not that "It's OK to be a dick if you are liked by the community" it's that he wasn't even being a dick. The 'internet drama' was literally a gimmick done by the mods and admins to pull a prank on the userbase. I promise he wasn't apologizing for being upset, or apologizing at all, because it was a completely harmless post. That's just my Opinion but I have a feeling it's the majority opinion on this. I'm not attacking you, just using your post to clarify my own feelings, I hope that's understood.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

for full transparency i reported LC's post after the fact, because it was my view that if cav's post was enough of a Lashing Out to be dinged, surely the instigation was as well. Sadly that was not agreed with.

I also hated the streetbeefs thread, just felt like a way to laugh at poor people & for lack of a better word "Dumb" people. i asked for it to be closed or moved basically immediately. Oh well lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

mod feedback: thank you for actually ramping up time+severity on ichibahn. mwa mwa

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Is Yukaichiban an Ichiban alt because I only seem to have noticed Yukai trying to start poo poo across multiple threads whenever Ichiban has been banned/probed

either psychotic performance art or a completely different person

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

karmic will do the proper thing, it's only been like 20 minutes

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Brut posted:

If you think a post is bad, and you can in any way articulate why (or if it seems obvious to you, needing no explanation), please report the post.

If you think people keep making bad posts of some kind that do not break a rule, post here and suggest a rule that solves the problem, or make a new thread with an OP rule not to do the thing you dislike. Or, and I know this might seem like a totally weird thing to do on a discussion forum, but perhaps discuss your issues with fellow posters in a clearly communicated way, perhaps letting them know that something is bothering you, and figure out a way to resolve it? Worth a shot.

Whatever thread you're planning on making in the proposed imp zone? Again, :justpost: it.

But you went off and made a QCS thread about splitting the forum without talking to almost anyone here, without bringing your issues up to anyone in any way and really, without being able to point to any examples of the posting that bothers you, except for 1 isolated thread.

You might turn out to be right about your original point but the manner you went about asking for it is harming your case.

what the hell is this scolding nonsense lol. that's exactly what QCS is for, if it happens it happens, but i promise that making a QCS thread to bring it to the peoples attention that can actually do it is not 'harming' the case.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i posted in support of the idea in QCS because i like new ideas and experimenting with the forums. it's very easy not to engage with the stuff i don't want to engage in, but it obviously does wear down on someone. the only part of the thread i was upset about was GBS dipshits that haven't ever looked in here talking poo poo about karmicknight cause he's done a really good job and should be pat on the back and perhaps kissed on the cheek.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I don't usually know which users or threads are being talked about when this stuff comes up because not that many examples are usually cited directly, but I thought one of the core issues was that no rules were actually being broken so reporting posts isn't really worth it? Like, people just want to post about Chris Jericho without being told that Chris Jericho donated to Trump or whatever every time, right? It seems reasonable to me. It's exhausting having to defend the poo poo you like and there's also a plague on so everyone Wang Chung tonight.

Yea i mean for me it's not even that, although i did give that example in my post. it's just like...yes we all know there are bad people in this business, as there are in every other business, because there are bad people that populate the world. if there is another forum, i'll post in both, because it's not like the 'bad' or 'unfun' parts of wrestling don't deserve to be talked about. that's why there's nothing inherently wrong with what people post about lol. why would i want to report someone for being uncomfortable that a guy who liked racist tweets is being cheered or whatever, that'd be really weird, you know what i mean? i just engage with that poo poo enough in my daily offline life that if given the choice, i'd prefer the alternative. i also know that's not a consensus opinion but thankfully i don't speak for anyone but me

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i'm excited to post in both of the forums. thank you admins.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Freaking trolls pissing me off. 😡

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I've enjoyed mine. I'm very self centered tho :razzy:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it's cool to care

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol? haha? Lol? Hehe?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the lovely rereg got banned incredibly quickly with an admin note and the person most directly impacted has asked to stop playing Guess Who? about it but my god that's not good enough, more must be done. lol?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it’s just one guy who is super upset that a new forum where 10 people post got made. extremely weird behavior. well, that rereg also was really upset about it. hm...

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

welcome to the clique.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fez_machine posted:

I'm going to stop being aggro and poo poo posting about the Enclosed Pool Area with this post.

In this thread alone, there's a bunch of people who didn't like the idea of a new wrestling sub-forum. I'm just way too aggressive about it.

For the record, I posted in the bad take thread because I thought those were bad takes. I have no problem with people saying they don't like Chocopro. It's a hard promotion to like, which is why it has some of the most annoying fans in wrestling. But all comedy wrestling is bad improv/panto and saying it's apartment wrestling that's for perverts is in the upper echelon of aggressively anti-Chocopro reactions.

I do think a lot of the demand for the sub forum was inspired by cowardice rather than funny people unable to be funny in this forum and it'll lead to some club house/illuminati bullshit by basically being an off-site on-site.

I'm absolutely not the disgusting transphobe rereg, I've been posting/lurking the fourms on and off for almost 20 years, mainly shouting at people to read Brian Evenson in the horror thread, and my recent uptick in posting is probably a sign that I'm not getting enough viatmin D and exercise.

oh aye i didn't think you were that guy but re-reading my post it does make it seem like that's the connection i was making. my bad for that. i super don't care if people don't like the new thing, i barely post in it myself, but am not really bothered to debate the reasons for why people wanted it made in the first place. i don't think you are either lol so we can just leave it at that. i'm a man of peace.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

gently caress up with the friday forum crap please and thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Brut posted:

it's friday go post in the friday forum why are you posting here (about the friday forum)

because i'm giving my feedback in the feedback thread.(the rest of this post has nothing to do with you so please dont read it and definitely dont reply to it) it's obviously not the biggest deal in the world i'd just prefer to have wrestling threads in the forum for it. if it keeps happening i'll be forced to cry by myself.