Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Woolie Wool posted:

:yikes:

And to think if I was going to buy DCS it would have been for Enigma's Cold War server. Guess that's not happening!

You should get it to fly with Airgoons and hold off the PLA invasion of South America instead!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042524

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

is there a uap sim yet? I'd like to pop in and out of the 3rd dimension in my orb as I please, if possible.

Carrier Command sorta has this? All of the aircraft are remote controlled drones

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

the milk machine posted:

my buddy let me fly his irl airplane for a few minutes and being able to actually feel the yoke and pitch trim interact was like a revelation. way more natural than in a sim, and kind of halfway ruined sim flying for me

This is why we need good force feedback

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Just get a regular desk/gaming chair and get a setup like this (look around a lot before settling on one)

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/12592501260...hantid=10252592

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idk that update reads like the finance guy and maybe the designer guy got bought out by some well-capitalized company. I'm going to wager that product quality is likely to dip once this new tranche of products hits the shelves but who knows

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:sickos:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't necessarily despair, people who are motivated enough to flight sim and use VR will have a certain % that are willing to hack into and code up an opensource replacement WMR API, I'll wager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MrYenko posted:

OK, I’m getting really loving annoyed. I’m trying to get back into DCS, and I’m getting random CTDs. How does one even begin to diagnose a complete crash to desktop like this? No error message, it just dumps out.

loving pisses me off.

I'd start with a file integrity check (Steam) or Repair DCS World (Standalone) as a starting point. Also, make sure to run the updater if you haven't recently (Standalone). Also, it might be good to delete all the mods you may or may not have installed, just as a final check