Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Fabulousity posted:

I'm looking forward to future patches just to see what sort of extra insanity gets introduced.

1.8.4.0:
- Gravity is reversed for C4J. Fly inverted or you'll "fall" into orbit.
- ATC can be sassy and will sometimes tell "yo momma" jokes to pilots.

Kennedy Steve DLC when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Welp Amazon cancelled my stick order because their supplier couldn't provide it. gently caress you Bezos.

I wouldn't have ordered from them at all, but figured that of all the retailers to order from the dystopian megacorp would be most likely to get their hands on the product when they said they would.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Nothing wrong will going full sim nerd, but the moment they start to take professional pride in flying fake airplanes as though it means their opinion is worth a drat, :commissar:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Same but in game

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

M.... multi flap drifting?!?!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

MrYenko posted:

The best part of flight sims is doing the things that are horribly irresponsible to do in real life.

That's a funny way to spell 'fly budget commuter tubes between anonymous German cities in a ratio of 20 mins programming the flight computer : 30 mins in the air' :rolldice:

For my next flight I'll be taxing to the runway then heading back to the gate due to a warning light.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Also keep in mind these simmers with $10,000 home cockpit setups could literally have learned to fly a private plane if they so chose, in which case they would have a clue what they are talking about.

E:

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It's so bad in flight sim sometimes too - I can get pretty caught up in trying to be 'authentic' with tubeliner procedures and stuff. Looking up specific questions, you get a ton of exclusively sim-dads weighing in on what THEIR idea of proper procedure is and how it should be done exactly and drown out real pilots whose answer is usually "it doesn't matter/it depends/every pilot/airline does it different" for any number of weird behaviors.

I def remember a real airbus pilot who was streaming and having to argue with some guy, who had never flown a plane, that there's no difference between calling "gear up" and "gear retracted" or whatever and painstakingly explain that it's literally just a case of saying the words in the airline's procedure manual.

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

hannibal posted:

Or, like, anything besides Another Tubeliner. Don't get me wrong, high fidelity airliner systems modeling is neat but if you want diverse people coming to this game (and spending money on it!) you need weird/different/interesting stuff. They are making some progress though: the Wright Flyer and high def modeling of the Wright Brothers memorial (was that there before?), helicopters, gliders, old interesting planes like DC-3s are all great. I wish they'd double down on stuff like bush trips, people need stuff to do in the game. Buy NeoFly and integrate that, whatever.

*Papery voice echoes hauntingly from the premier lounge* bizjetssssss...