Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Bruceski posted:

England is a weird place

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Some Goon posted:

This boss was the name of my existence as a kid.

:thunk:

I'm not. :colbert:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

All fast forward deaths count double. The first one counts triple. :colbert:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

drat. Git gud, scrub. :colbert:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I swear to god I briefly noticed update 15 on YouTube yesterday but was saving it for today and now it's gone. :negative:

I needs to watch your continued struggle against the superboss: Space Jump. ;)

I'm jonesing bad

...!
Oct 5, 2003

No, it was an actual full length update 15. It's gone now, though. :(

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Rosalie_A posted:

A couple of things for you all to make fun of twelve year old me for:

1) I actually failed at the restricted area escape sequence my first attempt. Naturally, I hadn't saved after the robot fight.

2) I was a little surprised that Nintendo allowed the word "sex" in one of their games.

Nintendo's censorship policies started becoming relaxed right around the release of Mortal Kombat II on the SNES.

The odd thing is that for some reason, Sony heavily censors newer games (especially when it comes to fanservice) and has done so for a couple of years now. Sony's newfound puritanism has created the truly weird situation that some newer games have the Switch version recommended over the PS4 version simply because the Sony version is censored while the Nintendo version is not.

Nintendo has suddenly become the permissive one and it just feels so wrong.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Thanks for the Ridley warning, everyone. I made sure to turn the volume on my earbuds way down the moment I saw him.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Also, I'm glad Tea was there to talk Nat into going back and finding that save room after he blazed right past it. I was about to scream. ;)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Elfface posted:

I'm late to this LP, but the discussion of Data Rooms and 'downloading missiles' lets me talk about my fan-theories regarding such things.

The way I see it, the thing that sets Chozo tech apart from others was their mastery of energy. Their elevators are made of it, their ghosts are made of it, the Morph Ball effects in Prime show Samus as a sparking ball of energy inside the armoured shell, and the Chozo have a tendancy to store items in spheres the same size (Often in the hands of their statues) and build complicated machinery to transport these spheres long-distances, from pneumatic tubes to cannons and catching-devices.

Plus, they invented an Ice Beam. They can shoot coldness at you. They can make an energy beam out of the absence of thermal energy!

It suggests to me that Chozo could pretty easily turn things into energy and back again, but storing that energy in an armoured sphere and launching it at high-speeds was more efficient for moving things than transmitting that energy via teleportation.

In addition, Samus' Power Suit has been shown to be able to integrate tech from a number of different sources, from Federation weapons, Luminoth artifacts, Space Pirate mad science, Phazon corruption and (Once augmented with metroid DNA) absorbing X.

These combined, suggest to me that when Samus obtains a new ability, it's more like her suit has understood the tech to the point where it can convert spare energy into the parts of itself required to make it function. Likewise, she isn't carrying around missiles so much as converting energy into missiles on demand. Whether she obtains these abilities by obtaining and analysing an artifact with the ability, or directly downloading the data from a terminal, the result is the suit now knows how to make missiles/a heat shield/power bombs/bigger jumps.

:staredog:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I think it just felt sorry for you. Wanted to keep things on an even playing field.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

^^^^^ What the gently caress is Guts?

Natural 20 posted:

This is largely due to incompetence at this point so please don't worry!

Incompetence is my middle name :smugdog:

My name is literally ".. Incompetence .!" :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Natural 20 posted:

Accidentally updated the wrong thread! Oops!

UNACCEPTABLE