Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Julias posted:

Munou na Nana
Bridge | Shinji Ishihara | Fumihiko Shimo | Psychological, Supernatural, Thriller, Shounen | Manga | Oct 4, 2020
It is the year 20XX. Earth was assaulted by monsters that would come to be known as "the Enemy of Humanity." In order to deal with this threat, special schools composed of teenagers with extraordinary abilities were formed. These people, who came to be known as "the Talented," had abilities that could defy the rules of reality. Among these people with supernatural powers was an outlier, an individual who was sent to one of these schools despite having no innate special abilities whatsoever. This is the story of our protagonist, who attempts to defeat the Enemies of Humanity through the use of intelligence and manipulation alone.
PV

this is based on a mostly untranslated manga, but what little there was to read of it was great. spoiler: the premise above is a total lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Coaaab posted:

think the talentless nana manga is on crunchyroll

oh, that'd explain why the scanlations died years ago.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Eeepies posted:

Watched Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear episode 1, and oh no. Oh no. I hope this doesn't go the route of "Make My Ability Average".

it's fluff and that's it. the webnovel makes it very clear that it was written one chapter at a time, with absolutely no planning.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's no substance, so it probably depends on how it is adapted. the bofuri anime was way funnier than the wn or manga, after all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mushoku provides an excellent example of why most isekai reincarnation stories nowadays skip infancy. an adult mind in an infant body is really loving creepy, and mushoku plays that up as an attempt at humor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
overall, i'd say mushoku tensei has some unsavory parts, but is otherwise okay. the mc is a gross creep on the inside, but the story acknowledges what he is instead of presenting it as a bizarre masculine ideal like so many other isekai webnovels.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
akudama drive owns

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mahouka is still wonderfully terrible, but i don't care enough about it any more to do another hatewatch thread. still gonna watch it though, because in the first 10 minutes of the first episode there was this scene:

"this is stupid and makes no sense for the following completely valid reasons"
"now now, that may be objectively true but have you considered some more stupid bullshit that makes no sense and is directly contradicted by the reasons you just listed?"
"ah i see, you have a point so i will never question this obvious plot hole again"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it just now occurs to me how much was packed into the first episode of akudama drive. it was a regular 22 minute episode, too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i give moriarty more leeway than it probably deserves because i like the idea of a secret war against what is arguably the most evil nation in the history of the world.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i incorrectly remembered 1m lives as being more comedic in tone. instead, it is just edgelord poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Qwertycoatl posted:

Yeah, I think the big problem is when they throw information at you before they give you a reason to care.

Or the too-common approach of starting with a fight scene which has zero tension because I have no idea who anyone is or what the stakes are

e: that said, still better than the non-in-media-res stuff that opens with a lecture about the political geography of the fantasy world

starting with a fight scene works when it is a really good fight scene

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
his final form is still a gorilla

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
how many bad nobunaga mecha shows have there been, anyway? it seems like there's been a lot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not like that is unique to japan.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I KNEW IT

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's unquestionably better.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
justice for kuwabara. there is no conceivable way that a netflix live action anime adaptation does my boy right.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there weren't many jokes and i thought it was kind of boring. the most interesting part was the lesbian rock band in the op.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
real gross

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe you should try to make them funny, instead.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the funniest thing about that show was the goon here who was incredibly into the idea of rimuru being his boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the basic format for half the story is kumoko babbling to herself so that seiyuu is gonna have to carry the show