Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Julias posted:

Hanyou no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogizoushi (Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon)
Sunrise | Teruo Satou | Katsuyuki Sumisawa | Action, Adventure, Comedy, Historical, Demons, Supernatural, Magic, Fantasy | Original | Oct 3, 2020
The daughters of Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha set out on a journey transcending time! In Feudal Japan, Half-Demon twins Towa and Setsuna are separated from each other during a forest fire. While desperately searching for her younger sister, Towa wanders into a mysterious tunnel that sends her into present-day Japan, where she is found and raised by Kagome Higurashi's brother, Souta, and his family.Ten years later, the tunnel that connects the two eras has reopened, allowing Towa to be reunited with Setsuna, who is now a Demon Slayer working for Kohaku. But to Towa's shock, Setsuna appears to have lost all memories of her older sister. Joined by Moroha, the daughter of Inuyasha and Kagome, the three young women travel between the two eras on an adventure to regain their missing past.
PV
Thread

'Inuyasha? Isn't that series for girls?

It's not 2002 anymore. While the anime and manga do have legitimate flaws (mainly being repetitive, having filler and both being too long), the series trying to aim for both a male and female audience isn't.Plus, the manga is very bloody, has frequent decapatations, and a scene where Kagome is in Hell, complete with a mountain of dead bodies. Grow up.'

blood, murder and gore. all of this is bog standard in shoujo manga! nothing special about it! uninformed op!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

p sure Inuyasha ran in a shonen magazine

only makes it more accurate, now its working from a false premise!

inaccurate i mean

Davincie fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Oct 1, 2020

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Willo567 posted:

I put that in the OP because Inuyasha has a reputation as being seen as a show for girls, even though it ran in a Shonen magazine.

I get that there's genuine criticism to be had about Inuyasha that's not unfounded(even as I was reading the manga, which I enjoyed, it felt like the story was really dragging, and was repetitive), but a lot of it back then had to do with either people not recognizing it's a Shonen, and making fun of the large female fanbase the show has.

Also, the bit about the violence was just me pointing out that despite the series focusing primarily on the relationships between the main characters, it still has a lot of darker moments in it.

its alright :cheers:

that whole anime culture is pretty much dead here anyway!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Licensing can take a while, often even as late as several weeks into the season, nothing unusual

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

They dropped so many f-bombs in the first ep of Hypmic and I think they only went ham because there are tons of f-bombs in the official rap lyrics too.

This was in the OP:

F bomb lol... is this a christian forum

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

if you need support orv, we are there for you

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bussy...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the main thing that sounded interesting in wandering witch to me was that the protag was described as 'a moralless rear end in a top hat' and that's why that person dropped it. kinda the opposite of what you're saying. but then someone else posted a couple of stories and they were fairly standard so i lost interest again

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

technically speaking, every school in anime is a western one unless you got a rare anime that combines education with a pre-meiji setting

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you had me at gross. sold

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

unsold

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

theres a ton of isekai where the mc dies to overwork

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nah, the japanese forums didn't find it funny either. a few of the jokes were badly translated, but nothing that would make them suddenly hilarious

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

squark this is the type of interchangeable scene seen in about every harem anime ever

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://files.catbox.moe/wpp04o.webm

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

in the traditional end of the year thread

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

perhaps this noble secretly is an isekai mc

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i can’t picture that scene being done in modern anime in any way to be honest

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Willo567 posted:

While we're on the topic, CAN anime studios make shows remotely? How do they handle poo poo like voice acting?

va's still go to voice acting booths, but do their lines 1 by 1 or separated by plastic screens. the rest of the process can be done remote, just watch documentaries like shirobako or animation runner kuromi!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

demands from the japanese side

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've seen a lot worse cgi in anime so i'm not sure why so many of the comments focus on that, the music is embarrassing though

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/GearoidReidy/status/1324956666266218501

Yeah, I think we're about to see anime production, at least voice acting wise be halted.

Side note, am I the only one who finds this "hrmmm" poo poo unfunny, especially in the middle of a loving pandemic

corona incubation time: up to 2 weeks

kimetsu no yaiba movie release date: 17 october

people seeing the movie during the span of 10 days: 8 million

think we found the culprit

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they are wrong and ignoring the clear evidence

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

a cautionary tale against the pride of those that adapt ln's

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i vastly preferred the gag cave ep. practically all of the death happening offscreen and to total nobodies made it devoid of impact

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Space Flower posted:

congrats everyone we did it, animated k-on in 2020

art quality got a downgrade

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its the better one, a true marvel of sakuga

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the big question here is whether sony will still produce western faux-anime. say no to gaijin anime!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

again, here's a mostly complete list of crunchyroll-produced anime, its just missing a few recent things like the webtoons
https://myanimelist.net/anime/producer/1784/Crunchyroll_SC_Anime_Fund

ranges from one of the best anime ever made to a bunch of medium stuff to a few trainwrecks

This tells me crunchyroll could safely die and ill miss nothing

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

i havent seen it but people called masamune-kun an incel fantasy so that should probably go on the dav watch list

what on earth

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Technically speaking they announced it in october, they just didnt reveal much but some character designs and staff

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

They still haven't released much besides the staff and a vague PV, lol. The staff is interesting enough that I'll probably give it a look but it's kinda weird how gunshy they're being on what the show's actually *about*.

seems like a signal for an episode 1 twist

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

oh my god

adlib gang assemble, we're back in business

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Ill watch it to support female authors 👍

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gohands makes brilliant looking adaptations, see seitokai yakuindom

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

Are we talking the first season or the second? (I know they did both) Because the first was way more interesting.

whichever featured more hata ranko, i dont renember

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they should be interesting, not likeable

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Plutonis posted:

I'll make the thread

can you make sure to post comparison screenshots and webms showing the difference between both versions? as an informed consumer id like to know which version is the closest to the intended vision of the author

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

now that everyone has gotten over redo of healer im happy to announce that the popular in adtrw series about a child bride, Taishou Otome Otogibanashi, will be getting an anime