Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Really enjoyed the first episode of HypMic. The music's good and I like the way they transition from 2D to (very good) 3D models whenever they start dropping phat beats to create spirit bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

BAH GAWD ITS KANE

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I like this trend of punchy anime being made, though it sucks that its bad CG.

Maybe someday there'll be a Tough adaption.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

I would not call the CG in Beastars bad

I was talking about punchy (fighting) anime, like Kengan and Levius. Got nothing bad to say about the Beastars CG.

Davincie posted:

demands from the japanese side

Yeah, this is basically Arthoria vs Altria again. Except with a deer this time.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Davincie posted:

corona incubation time: up to 2 weeks

kimetsu no yaiba movie release date: 17 october

people seeing the movie during the span of 10 days: 8 million

think we found the culprit

Or it could be that Halloween was last week and nobody really gave a gently caress about social distancing and went to Shibuya anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz5ft7Kawy0

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

Some sort of Geass announcement in a couple weeks. Just says 'new project,' so it could be anything from a new movie, a new tv series, or something that isn't an anime. Like, iunno, a game.

Knowing this year, it'll probably be a pop-up clothes shop again.

...Not that I'd mind, I still wear some of the Geass clothes I bought last time I was in Japan.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Wark Say posted:

Every "Netflix-Exclusive" live action adaptation of a manga/anime so far has been loving terrible.

(I think there are a couple of J-Drama adaptations shoujo mangas that have been OK? But they seem to not be "Netflix Exclusive!" at all)

Alice in Borderland adaption is both cool and good.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Hypmic was silly, absurd and unintentionally hilarious at the end when they had a dude named Tom Whisper Weathercock rap in full Engrish sentences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
At this point I've experienced so much of Japanese culture and their use of English to sound "cool", I can't tell the difference anymore with whats intentionally silly and whats not.