Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Sleepy Princess anime has begun and it's basically the manga. I should probably reread the first few chapters to see if there's any changes, but from my recollection it starts off pretty sleep solution/demon of the week and honestly feels a little dull until they get into proper arcs and character exploration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
They might skip over or compress some chapters since it's a fairly light series and wants to get some of the other main secondary characters in faster. I too ended up falling off of this at one point and then coming back on. It's very light so there's a lot of room for them to just pull later chapters and mix things up, but we'll see.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The actual name is Sakkyun based on scanalations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Masetsu was okay. There's definitely gonna be a lot of weird cultural references to existing Manzai stuff among other things. The Konata Izumi (the creator's previous work) doing an imitation of Shin-chan doing an imitation of a train door is already fairly esoteric for a casual anime watcher.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Moroha has her mother's charisma but her dad's brains

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoGXfT3129E

Who remembers Log Horizon? S3 is not just happening, but it's coming for Winter.

Also cool anime coming in Winter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3hsD6PH2gE

Fun animal facts the anime (Heaven's Design Team)
Manga link: https://kodanshacomics.com/series/heavens-design-team/

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 11, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Phoenix Wright movie is a fantastic adaptation. It really gets the game's general tone and setting, and one of my favourite details is rather than pepper the background characters in the courtroom with just people in normal clothes there's a good portion in outfits as exotic and unique as the central cast's :allears:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW255QVcTVs

I have that saved on a computer somewhere and I still haven't gotten around to watching it

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Winter Anime 2021: The Secret Society BLANKET codeword is "Nyanpassu"

Winter Anime 2021: The Reason for the Season is the Second Season

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 18, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah Yurucamp S2 and Non Non Biyori Nonstop are basically can't-fail shows for me, and I'm pretty optimistic about Otherside Picnic too. I'm optimistically curious about Vlad Love, Wonder Egg Priority, and Promised Neverland 2, and there's a handful of other shows I expect to at least be good popcorn fun. Most stacked a season's been for me probably since 2018.

Winter Anime 2021: Nonstop Nyanpasu Nai wa~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reiiQH1LmJo

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Dec 18, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Doodles posted:

After looking at next season's lineup, I'm going to give these a shot:

Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari (Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town?) - Jesus, why do so many anime series have titles that are almost a paragraph? At least it's not another isekai.

Kemono Jihen - I'm in the mood for something supernatural and this might do it.

Tenchi Souzou Design-bu (Heaven’s Design Team) - I always need at least one silly show, and this one looks like the silliest. Can't wait to see them explain the Platypus.

The platypus chapter is extremely silly iirc. The Koala one is shown in the trailer and it's also amusing just because of the elements that goes into it and the end result being the drop bear.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

With the season wrapping up what are some good shows people suggest?

I watched/Watching:
Talentless Nana
Higurashi

On my list:
Adachi to Shimamura

Seems like I should also watch:
Jujutsu Kaisen
Akudama Drive

Maybe watch:
Majou no tabitabi

???:
Noblese?
Moriarty?

Any hidden gems?

(Sleepy Princess)

Also Love Live

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Iwakakeru was the biggest surprise for me this season that I liked. Just a good solid sports anime when the last two one with a female cast all met unfortunate production disaster ends

Caveat: like most anime with an all female cast, it's either very moe or very horny. This one is the latter

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Davincie posted:

while i applaud the staff of climbing girls for making every girl look like a mid 00s hentai character, the show was boring

Yeah, this is the part where it feels extremely horny. It's not the bare muscles part but the "half the girls are American D cup or bigger" part

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I really should try that again, but the Producer just made me not want to watch it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Winter thread when? Two of the internet only series have already started airing.