Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

ground floor

gonna check out yashahime at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Dzhay posted:

The popularity of this show continues to confuse and delight me.

(I mean, I liked it, but I assumed I was basically alone in that)

:same:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

cave emperor posted:

Yashahime's first episode was a lot to take in for someone who doesn't know the first thing about Inuyasha. Lots of proper names to remember, lots of interpersonal dynamics to infer, lots of plot points to guess at. It looks like the next episode is going to focus more on the new characters, if not I might just have to bite the bullet and read an Inuyasha plot summary or something.

Having not seen the last season of Inuyasha, this was actually a good episode for me. I like how he still has a bunch of rough edges but clearly cares deeply for Kagome and isn't awkward about showing it.

I also love the parenting decision to have Sango, being a kickass capable and constantly prepared warrior, actually staying with the kids (instead of handing them off to a nanny) to protect them rather than assist with the monster hunting. Also, Miroku isn't trying to hit on every girl that he saves anymore.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

moroha (maybe) finally getting to meet her grandmother and the rest of the extended family, wonder if she'll recognize them as such

yashahime really setting a good balance between acknowledging the history behind the series and forging all new paths that do not require someone to have watched a hundred hours of the previous show to understand what's going on

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

oh, there's a thread for this, sorry

Willo567 posted:

i'm still wondering why kohaku and hisui don't recognize moroha.

also wondering where sesshomaru (and by extension, the mother) is in the flashback with towa and setsuna.

Although I can see some people getting frustrated by this, I'm amazed at how the omission of information and unexpected behavior between the protagonists is causing an incredible amount of good speculation.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Xelkelvos posted:

Moroha has her mother's charisma but her dad's brains

this is incredibly accurate

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Endorph posted:

Some sort of Geass announcement in a couple weeks. Just says 'new project,' so it could be anything from a new movie, a new tv series, or something that isn't an anime. Like, iunno, a game.

I hope it's a pizza hut promotion where pizaa hut comes out with a new recipe that's better than the oil laden stuff they put out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

ConanThe3rd posted:

I'm hardly surpised, CR's coat looked to be on the shakiest nail in AT&T's portfolio what with it's output consisting of stuff like the public embarassment that is Ex-Arm's trailer and the semingly mothballed High Guardian Spice.

Hell, if not for Rooster Teeth and Gen-Lock, I'da said that was a number 1 with a bullet.

high guardian spice :smith: