Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
While there isn't anything I'm particularly hyped for (maybe apart from Haikyuu) I'll def be checking out:

Akudama Drive - I like the character designs and cyberpunk esthetic. also Megumi Ogata as sexy mad scientist

Yashahime - I know next to nothing about Inuyasha so this one might be hard to get into but I have a need for action show centering on badass girls. Which is why I also might watch Assault Lily, especially since trailers looked so nice

Higurashi - I only played chapter 1 of VN so I might need to play the rest before watching the anime but I'm definitely curious about it

HypMic - I don't know how long I will stick with it but I want to hear the rapping. Same with Climbing Girls (minus the rapping, plus the muscles)

Jujutsu Kaisen - I don't know anything about the manga but if there'll be more GoHS-like action scenes, I'm in

Love Live - I heard this name a lot and know nothing about the franchise so this might be the time to check it out

Majo no Tabitabi - her hat is fabulous

Sleepy Princess - the trailers were pretty funny and apparently the manga is quite consistently funny, not just a one-joke show? we'll see

Taiso Samurai - I'm a sucker for sad dad story

Moriarty - victorian criminal mastermind and murder solving pretty boys, sounds like a good time

Huh... that's a long list :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
The premise sounds pretty generic. Is it any good?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Darth Walrus posted:

He's returning in the lead role for this one, too:

:tviv:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I've caught up to Moriarty the Patriot and while I can see other posters' issues with it, I still found it very enjoyable. Not a subtle show but there's just something so satisfying in watching rich men get their just desserts. We should normalise eating the rich in pop culture. And the visual side is pretty nice, too. All those moody, misty, bloody backgrounds are just perfect for November.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

drat, the song sounds so standard compared to Wild Side

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
There's also Murcielago, which is about many murder lesbians

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Yay for more In/Spectre!

Also, I haven't seen Heaven's Official Blessing discussed here so let me just say that it's some prima sort wuxia fun with very likeable characters and that it looks freaking gorgeous. It's like Thunderbolt Fantasy but no puppets, even gayer and seems to be a bit better about female characters

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Everything Burrito posted:

:yeah:
we've talked about it a little in the BL thread so if you want to post about it or discuss anything feel free to hop in. I'm catching up on it tonight and it really is super pretty! The action scenes have been very nice so far as well, really smooth.

I've also checked out the manhua and while I prefer the anime (or donghua, I guess) story-wise, the art is so ridiculously beautiful it almost made me cry

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Julias posted:

Yeah, sleepy princess has been the sleeper hit (heh) of the season for me.

I made the exact same lazy joke in Sleepy Princess thread first, I demand retribution for this outrageous felony :mad:

Phobophilia posted:

Moriarty and Nana are good for Mind Game Mondays. The two antiheroes just can't help but be sus wherever they can be. Obviously Moriarty in-story can't possibly know who Sherlock is and the threat he represents, but in his arrogance and willingness to show-off his smarts in response to someone else flashing their own intelligence, he ends up signalling how sus he is. And now he performed a direct attack on Sherlock, giving them obvious clues, in a "test", which does nothing but cue them in that he is an actual threat and will be monitored.

At this point it's about exalting Moriarty, and not empowering the working class. But that's par for the course. If only Moriarty read theory.

Yeah, I was wondering how were they going to reconcile Moriarty's ideals with his place in Holmesverse. Because Holmes could just try to maintain status quo in opposition to Moriarty's anarchic inclinations but Moriarty's plans get more and more vague and now they're just having a dick measuring contest.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Wark Say posted:

Make a case and I'll consider it. :colbert:

Oh I will consult the poo poo out of bajilion lawyers, just you wait

Grouchio posted:

Look, if you wanna Demon Teddy Bear pillow shipped from a not-so-secret santa for christmas, just lemme know. :colbert:

Can I have a Demon Teddy Bear instead, shipped with undying loyalty in exchange for brushing?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I went in thinking she's a complete psychopath but she does have some layers! Like liking cute things just as much as sleeping!

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
How does Chainsaw Man compare to Fire Punch? I found FP surprisingly compelling despite it having really rough start (I'm only halfway through so no spoilers pls)

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

OnimaruXLR posted:

If it wasn't for Crunchyroll it's entirely possible there'd be no English release of Thunderbolt Fantasy and therefore they are worth every one of those billion dollars

:yeah:

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Electric Phantasm posted:

For real though I fear the day Jujustu gets an OP/ED change cause I don't think they can top Lost in Paradise.

They already announced new bands and Co shu Nie does the ED. It's a completely different style than ALI but I like them too, first Promised Neverland ED was great

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Bakeneko posted:

Few anime endings have ever pissed me the hell off quite like that of Charlotte, so I was watching this with dread the whole way through and the most generous thing I can say about it is that it wasn’t quite that bad. It was still complete bullshit, though. Once again the villains waltz away scot free while the main characters are left to pick up the pieces.

And it doesn’t even bother acknowledging just how awful the situation really is. A sinister cabal who is perfectly willing to abduct and lobotomize children to get what they want now has access to a future-predicting supercomputer, but it’s all okay because Hina sort of remembers bits and pieces of her old life?

How about you throw those last few episodes in the garbage and instead have Yota prevent Hina from being abducted, then actually use the computer’s powers to beat the cabal somehow? Yeah, maybe it’s a stretch to say they could do that but we’ve already established that the computer is basically magical at this point. Couldn't have been worse than spending two episodes watching Yota be obnoxious and inconsiderate around a mentally ill person.

I had a bigger problem with the fact that Youta could just march in and take a disabled child from a medical facility with no problems just because she remembered him and immediately got over her trauma apparently, that Youta then proceeded to explain to the audience how amazing character Hina was and that they fell in love?? I think?? But that whole sci-fi subplot was kinda weird and really underdeveloped too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Raenir Salazar posted:

I never realized that Suwabe's english was so loving good. I couldn't even tell it was him.

Are you watching Great Pretender? I think both Laurent and Cynthia had separate actors doing their English lines

edit: typo

macabresca fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 29, 2020