Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
re elaina;

man did Nino kill herself after that? That's dark. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spiritus Nox posted:

AdaShima's kind of in an interesting place where it's not nearly as interested in character drama and associated relationship messiness as something like, ie, Bloom Into You, but it's got too much anxiety and navel-gazing to really call it an Iyashikei piece either. It's really a story about just kind of following along with Adachi and Shimamura's own internal monologues as they kind of meander through their uneventful daily lives and their feelings for each other. I really like it and think the character's voices are more than charming and well-defined enough to make all that meandering enjoyable, but I can see how it's not gonna hit for everybody.

Yeah I don't love it but it kinda reminds me of the manga see you in the food court tomorrow in that it's kinda nostalgic and reminds me of the good days in high school that I usually forget about. I like it, odd choice for an anime adaptation though it might be.

Spiritus Nox posted:

the character in the story Elaina was thinking of as a comparison did. We never find out about Nino herself-at least not in either of the novels that have been TL'd so far.

:ohdear:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Furnaceface posted:

I still play most of the Compile Heart/Idea Factory games. Sometimes I even enjoy them! Fairy Fencer F was a legit good game. :colbert:

death end re;quest was pretty cool even if it was really obvious when the budget ran out.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FilthyImp posted:

Wandering Witch is quickly becoming "Careless Traveller, poo poo-rear end places". It's just... mean spirited? It's like a cute-witch version of The Witcher.

I'm half-wondering if we're supposed to start thinking that Elaina and the witches are actually total assholes the way you go "Oh wait, Nazarick and Ains are loving evil"

From what I gather it's just that they hosed it up from the original ln.

but yeah. the episode with nino was a bit too much for me

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 1, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I see why people like talentless nana now.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AlternateNu posted:

I know, right? :v:

But really. Take everything I said above with a grain of salt. I'm not gay, and I haven't lived in Japan for almost a decade. But just from keeping up with my friends over there, what I read, and my few interactions when I go visit, that's my best take.

FWIW it sounds about right from the time I spent in Japan, as an LGBT teenager around 5 years ago.

"Don't ask don't tell", keep it in private and all that but if you do people usually aren't nosy enough to give you poo poo about it.

That being said, teenagers will absolutely be cruel over it because teenagers will be cruel over literally anything they can think of.

Ibblebibble posted:

Man, Adachi To Shimamura really is Disaster Gay: The Anime.

I'm not really deep into LGBT culture, what does disaster gay mean?

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 13, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gonna be hard for any Geass mobile game to top the Geass Granblue event ending Which just had the cast decide to stay in the Granblue world cause it was way less lovely than their home world

I miss all the good GBF crossovers.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm super excited, and I'm glad Minamoto is playable. I wonder where Neku is, though, and what the new girl's deal is. sorta figured she'd be the MC or something.

Epi Lepi posted:

Is TWEWY related to Kingdom Hearts in any way besides being made by the same company? I always thought it was one of the billion 3DS spinoffs, but now I'm not sure.

No, neku was in one of them though. It's as connected as any given FF game is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, let's be real here, who doesn't want a show about the Seal Hero? Brushes the foulest of magic aside with a lazy wave of a flipper, crushes mighty ogres by awkwardly rolling over them, and will stop at nothing in his quest for the Swordfish of Truth.

he can fight the Seal Clubber from kingdom of loathing