Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Love Live!: Nijigasaki School Idol Club is the latest (spin-off) installment of the hit school idol series Love Live!

Based on a group of school idols from the School Idol Festival: All Stars mobile gacha game, Nijigasaki School Idol Club is an entirely new and different Love Live where the school isn't shutting down this time and the idols don't have to band together to save it. Instead it's just the club and- oh what the hell, they get to save it too. Unlike the previous series, Nijigasaki is very solo-focused and, for lack of a better term, experimental. So let's meet the idols already:

Yu Takasaki
CV: Hinaki Yano

It's You! You're Yu! No, not that You.
Yu is the stand-in for the player character in SIFAS, which means she's a girl who loves idols enough to spend all her hard-earned dough on not pulling URs. Yu is not an idol (YET) but becomes something like the club's president or producer (minus the obligatory P-head).

Ayumu Uehara
CV: Onishi Aguri

Ayumu is your childhood friend. I mean, Yu's childhood friend. An ordinary 2nd year girl (except for the snake don't ask about it), she goes along with Yu's sudden interest in idols to become the first idol she produces. Always loves to do her best.

Setsuna Yuki
CV: Kusunoki Tomori

Setsuna is a mysterious and passionate super school idol (2nd year) who is ABSOLUTELY IN NO WAY related to Nijigasaki's student body president Nana Nakagawa (also 2nd year. coincidentally). A chance encounter with her at a street performance leads You Yu to investigate Nijigasaki's faltering school idol club, marking the start of her journey down the path to idol hell. She might also be a big anime nerd. Mysterious.

Ai Miyashita
CV: Murakami Natsumi

An energetic super gal who Yu manages to rope into this whole idol club Business. Despite her rebellious looks she actually might be the most studious of all the Nijis. Acts as the designated big sister for Rina. Ai hope you like puns. Ai really, really hope you like puns.

Kasumi Nakasu
CV: Sagara Mayu

Kasumin is the CUTEST, GREATEST SCHOOL IDOL sole remaining 1st year member who takes the school idol club seriously. A Machiavellian schemer who is determined to outshine all other school idols, her plans often fall apart due to the fact that she is 1.) small and 2.) VERY easy to tease. Do not call her "kasukasu."

Shizuku Osaka
CV: Maeda Kaori

But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Shizuku is the sun. An extraordinary child actress and stage girl, Shizuku joined the school idol club to get better at acting and perhaps bully Kasumin a little. Unfortunately, the collapse of the school idol club has left this 1st year to her other commitments in the Theater club.

Rina Tennoji
CV: Tanaka Chiemi

A soft-spoken and shy 1st year girl, Rina communicates her emotions through a crudely drawn face on a notebook dubbed the "Rina-chan Board." Don't worry, she goes through these things like Tony Stark goes through new Iron Man suits. Something of a little sister to Ai, she is convinced by Yu to join the idol club to get better at expressing her emotions.

Emma Verde
CV: Sashide Maria

A Swiss-Italian 3rd Year exchange student, Emma came to Japan to study to be a school idol, but the failure of the school idol club has left her to her own devices. The bread idol, for whatever that means. She's Karin's roommate.

Karin Asaka
CV: Kubota MiyuMIYUTAAAAAAAAAAAAN

A stylish and sexy 3rd year, Karin works as a model for fashion magazines. Despite her flirtatious attitude, she's easily embarrassed. That will not stop her from bullying Kasumin. Her tendency to get lost might, though.

Kanata Konoe
CV: Kitou Akari

Sweet dreams and good sleep will come to you, but only if you post "Sleep tight, Kanata" in this thread. A 3rd year student who really likes to take power naps. Somehow she's one of the best students in the school and a skilled school idol as well. I guess it's true what they say about sleep being good for you. Often found sleeping in Emma's lap.

...And more???

Love Live: Nizigasaki School Idol Club is airing on Saturdays. English Subs in the North American region will be available on Funimation.

Triggerhappypilot fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Love Live: Nizigasaki School Idol Club is airing on Saturdays. As of yet, no official English sub release has been announced, but it's almost certain someone will be subbing it.

funimation has it http://www.lovelive-anime.jp/nijigasaki/worldwide/simulcast.php?fbclid=IwAR2BEP_WvjmCqxD5pAhZiVTtbMUOGO21IMJOInXFhkUkCYTZIa2VeK9Q9VY

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I, for one, welcome the idolocalypse of 2020.

They're all good idols, but Kasumin is best+cutest.

e: Sleep tight, Kanata.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 2, 2020

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
By the way, we're going to be streaming this as part of the weekly idolw@tch, which starts

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Sundays 1pm PDT/4pm EDT/8pm UTC, at https://cytu.be/r/super_idol_time! Pregame ~25 minutes before!

Though note that it'll likely be the 3rd or 4th episode of the w@tch, so if you're just after the love lives, probably show up ~45 minutes into it.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 3, 2020

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Absolutely the best thread title choice.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
give us the god drat sasuke

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

graybook posted:

give us the god drat sasuke

do NOT ask about the snake

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
10 (!?) main characters in this series? Wild.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Xelkelvos posted:

10 (!?) main characters in this series? Wild.

They weren't kidding about the And More when they announced this project 4 years ago

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Sasuke is best girl :colbert:
Nijigaku crew is great cause with μ's and Aqours I liked most of the girls but there were a few I could take or leave, but I find the Nijigaku girls all endearing, even the ones that are fairly one note as characters. I'm pretty excited to see how this anime works since it's so far removed from the expected formula.

More importantly: Sleep tight, Kanata

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
First ep was good also lol that it takes <1 min for them to start leaning real hard into the yuupomu fanservice

e: it's crazy how much the CG in love live has improved over the course of the franchise

astr0man fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 3, 2020

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I cheated on the idolw@tch and watched the first ep! I liveposted in a text file (spoilered since it's just started):

girlfriends!!

opening with chase... power move

yu reacts to setsuna like folks in shokugeki react to food lol

yu so drat gay

hair-down yu....

their school HAS to have been a joke idea that no one ever got around to nixing, it's so ridiculous

sparkle eyes!!

lmao the nagashi soumen club

lmao rina

GOD this student council president is such a BITCH

MIYUTAN

my new headcanon is that yu dyed her hair green in her chuuni days and has just been letting it grow out since

oooh I LIKE how they have ayumu show more initiative compared to the game

ayumu so drat gay

POMUSONG

this ED's so cute!!!

LOVE pissed-off kasumin

HYPE FOR KASUMIN EP!!!!!

I LOVE LIVE

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Incoming Fire gifs

Allarion fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 18, 2020

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Rina doesn't have her board yet. Wild.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Is the school literally just that convention center they hold comiket in? That's pretty funny.

Yu is instantly my favorite visual design of any Love Live. Black and green hair fade are the best.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

Is the school literally just that convention center they hold comiket in? That's pretty funny.

Yu is instantly my favorite visual design of any Love Live. Black and green hair fade are the best.

Yeah, it's literally just the Tokyo Big Sight (the aforementioned convention center), but as a high school.

The school is located in Odaiba which is also one of the major locations for Digimon Adventure

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They also had the Gundam Cafe sign in the episode but sadly not the big Unicorn Gundam in front of the mall

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I did like the initial idea of having them be from different schools, but I'm down to see what they do with this.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Good episode. The character art is really nice, it's a good change from previous seasons' super-glossy look. Black and green is a powerful hair combo. The inside of their school looks like the kind of airport you'd get lost in and have to take a shuttle around. This episode was tremendously gay and they should probably date. I want a series about the nagashi soumen club.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

esselfortium posted:

Good episode. The character art is really nice, it's a good change from previous seasons' super-glossy look. Black and green is a powerful hair combo. The inside of their school looks like the kind of airport you'd get lost in and have to take a shuttle around. This episode was tremendously gay and they should probably date. I want a series about the nagashi soumen club.

I'm fairly certain the interiors of the school are also based off of the convention center.

For the Love Live shippers, there's an even number of girls now so there may not be a need for an OT3 or shipping someone with someone in another unit.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm fairly certain the interiors of the school are also based off of the convention center.

For the Love Live shippers, there's an even number of girls now so there may not be a need for an OT3 or shipping someone with someone in another unit.

You don't need an OT3 if you just assume they're all in a polyamarous relationship. It's worked for all the Love Lives so far.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I'm digging this new art direction. The characters look more expressive than in OG and Sunshine. Really looking forward to Kasukasu episode.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Good KasuKasu episode. Needed more bread though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Loved this ep so drat much. I was grinning, giggling, or outright cracking up almost the whole way through. The background jealousy from Ayumu was amazing, Kasumin's ever-changing expressions were incredible, and I'm so, so pleased that they are in fact going for a reality-breaking solo for everyone.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kasumin's performance felt very much like an Aikatsu performance which is good

Having not played the mobage I was wondering why the Student Council President wasn't in the opening and Whelp it was answered at the end of the episode

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If they keep up this pace with Solo performances, this will probably be the best Love Live series to date.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Having not played the mobage I was wondering why the Student Council President wasn't in the opening and Whelp it was answered at the end of the episode

The only Student Council Presidents who won't become idols are those who are already idols.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Was not ready for idols in suits in the OP. Good season imo.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Well I've never done a Love Live before but the first episode of this was just excessively cute and fun. Though after having watched a few seasons of Symphogear I kept expecting them to start punch singing...

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Yu continues to capture the hearts of every Nijisaki member as she expands her harem, one girl per episode at a time.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Xelkelvos posted:

Yu continues to capture the hearts of every Nijisaki member as she expands her harem, one girl per episode at a time.

This will either end with a harem, or with School Days.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Kanata's solo MV this week was really good. But also N girls made it!

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

cowards wouldnt show us the trash normals concert

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I finally got around to by backlog of series I had on my list to check out this season, and uhhh :3:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Season 2 is here!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

All hail the new era of school idols and our new leader Lanzhu!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I love fang chan