Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

Bacter posted:

I could not possibly agree more.

I want to have that “Startup energy”, but with no concrete assessment of what we’re likely to have available (by my estimation: one (1) vermin-ridden shack where they used to neuter household pets), and what we can do with that, we’re setting ourselves up for a real Kleining.

Well, as founder and CTO, I pledge to start the process of diagramming workstreams.

This thread is for the Wonkas, yes, but by GOD we need oompa loompas.

We need undocumented immigrants who we only pay in cocoa beans? I guess it would cut down our operating costs...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

EclecticTastes posted:

Taste Masks: Disposable face masks with candy buttons on the inside, so you can snack and observe proper pandemic safety procedures at the same time! Now, I know what you're thinking, this pandemic isn't gonna last forever, but I think afterwards, we're all gonna have a real good sense of humor about the whole thing, and these'll make a great gag gift.

I like this direction. Cash in on pandemic-related confections to build a short-term customer base, and expand later. I know this is leaning a bit too close to Klein's medical-themed candies but all art (and profit) is derivative, after all. Candy masks made with edible paper and candy string, virus-shaped gummies, the works.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"nuts and gum": gum with a candy shell and a peanut in the middle. i just think the time has come.
"wake up america": coffee, powdered egg, and tannerite

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Oh god, you are actually doing this. When I first heard about this I thought you know if I had a bit of disposable income and there wasn't a freaking pandemic going on right now I would probably take a shot at this.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
There’s a video on his channel called “what kinds of candy will I be able to make in the factory?”, and it’s an hour and ten minutes long. I wish I could summarize it, but I can’t read more than a few dozen lines of the transcript at a time, let ALONE listen to it.

So far he’s talked about how HP computers used to be the best, “but now are much worse than Microsoft”, wants to know why nobody is watching his stream, and said he had an incredible idea for “whistle dogs”, hot dogs that whistle when microwaved.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Bacter posted:

So far he’s talked about how HP computers used to be the best, “but now are much worse than Microsoft”, wants to know why nobody is watching his stream, and said he had an incredible idea for “whistle dogs”, hot dogs that whistle when microwaved.
Are we sure that the "candy factory" promised by the contest is actually a lovely veterinary clinic, and not like "the real factory was the ideas in your mind, maaaan"

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Bacter posted:

-snip-

This thread is for the Wonkas, yes, but by GOD we need oompa loompas.

Given the, uh. size and value of the likely premises, perhaps we should aim for cheaper and suitably bootleg staff. Goonpah Loonpas or Grumpah Lumpahs, that sort of thing.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Wow I called "building should be condemned" on Discord, and Im right?
This is going to be a glorious and horrible journey.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Arcanuse posted:

Goonpah Loonpas

Well, now we have our eventual gang tag, should this thread really take off.

By the way, this thread has inspired me to creativity.

Who can take some sugar
Mix it into goo
Say a Martian pissed it out and sell it all to you?
The Candyman
The Candyman can

The Candyman can 'cause he's got many ideas, though they're not any good

Who can take a clinic
Call it "factory"
Soak up all your cash and give the hovel out for free?

The Candyman?

The Candyman!
The Candyman can

David Klein, he yells
Everything he sells
Is God's gift to candy lovers
Candy Sand and many others
Want some pus? He's got you covered

Who can take some popcorn
Dip it in ice cream
Use it to rip backers off like it's a Ponzi scheme
The Candyman (David Klein, he can)
The Candyman
And they're no drat good 'cause the Candyman won't ask "should"...

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

EclecticTastes posted:

Well, now we have our eventual gang tag, should this thread really take off.

By the way, this thread has inspired me to creativity.

Who can take some sugar

This is a thing of beauty.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"sandy buttholes": gummi buttholes you lick and stick in candy sand

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
1. Candy organs realistically positioned within a skin-colored human-shaped package. Dissect and share with your friends! Learn about anatomy while you feed your face! Available in Alien Autopsy version during Halloween.

- or -

2. Regular candy ... but with microtransactions.

Gothsheep posted:

The question I keep coming back to when I'm reading this is "What is candy?"

According to the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement (SSUTA), Appendix C, Part II, candy is defined as "a preparation of sugar, honey, or other natural or artificial sweeteners in combination with chocolate, fruits, nuts or other ingredients or flavorings in the form of bars, drops, or pieces. 'Candy' shall not include any preparation containing flour and shall require no refrigeration."

However, this classification scheme would include non-flour-based breakfast cereals such as Fruity Pebbles while excluding flour-inclusive candies like Twix, Kit Kat and licorice sticks, which is clearly madness. As usual, we cannot rely on the state for help.

I would step back take a philosophical approach: are definitions our masters, or our servants? Is not "candy" as much extant in the mind as it is in the taste buds or the pancreas? Instead of waffling over definitions, could we not instead grasp the question by its throat, assert our right as rational beings to classify the universe as we see fit, label a can of Green Giant green beans as "candy" and resell it at a 900% markup? I would suggest that we have not only a philosophical but a moral imperative to do this.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Mechanical Ape posted:

2. Regular candy ... but with microtransactions.

That's already a thing:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
A lollipop which gives you electric shocks, to condition you away from eating to much sweet stuff.
If our sweets company goes bust, we take the competition with us!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Candy expansion packs! We sell you the chocolate and the nougat but then you have to buy the caramel separately!

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

A lollipop which gives you electric shocks, to condition you away from eating to much sweet stuff.

We could call it the Voluntary Candy Extinction Movement.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cant cook creole bream posted:

I like this idea but we have to make the electric shocks light enough that they don't work

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

I like this idea but we have to make the electric shocks light enough that they don't work

:thunk:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Rarity posted:

Okay what you're talking about at this point is a candy that doubles as some sort of shock-based sex toy so maybe let's not do that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:homebrew:

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Y'all remember Pop Rocks? What if we used a more powerful explosive? Put some nitroglycerin in there. It's medicinal!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Two words: Hulk Hogan's Candy Shoes.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
what if we just do candy copyright infringement, who's gonna stop our Bunnerfimgers and Smeckers and Roose's

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Hulk Hogan's licensing rates can't be too high these days.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Bunnerfimgers

What

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

You know how WCW had legally distinct but still similar theme songs? That one is Butterfinger. Like the candy bar.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

You know how WCW had legally distinct but still similar theme songs? That one is Butterfinger. Like the candy bar.

Margarinefinger

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Icantbelieveitsnotbutterfinger

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Again I say what

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Y'all remember Pop Rocks? What if we used a more powerful explosive? Put some nitroglycerin in there. It's medicinal!

If we could tie it to 2nd Amendment rights we’d make a goddamn fortune

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Again I say what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxqUku71qs

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Does it contain butter and or finger

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Hey, so, we're all having fun being Candy Idea Men, but there's a couple other Candy Realities we should keep in mind for any of our serious propositions. First is that chocolate is crazy expensive, compared to most ingredients, which is why the vast majority of small, independent candy companies never use it. Similarly, nuts and legumes are pretty drat expensive, comparatively speaking. The more a candy focuses on just various methods of rendering pure sugar and/or corn syrup with some sort of gelatin or other chewiness-based additive, the cheaper it gets. This is why Candy Sand and Assorted Novelty Goop make up 90% of David Klein's product line, is because they're incredibly cheap to produce and he clearly blew through all his Jelly Belly money decades ago. Our initial confectionery offerings, while clearly made with more thought and effort than that, should still be focused on keeping the ingredients cheap. Sugar/corn syrup, gelatin/starch/whatever binding agent, artificial flavoring, food coloring, stuff like that.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

when we own a candy factory we can make candy with butter and fingers probably

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

It does, in fact, contain peanut butter. And it's shaped vaguely like a finger. Now, Grape Nuts, on the other hand...

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

EclecticTastes posted:

It does, in fact, contain peanut butter. And it's shaped vaguely like a finger. Now, Grape Nuts, on the other hand...

Well that's a no go righ out of the gate, you can't sell that poo poo in he EU and we are obviously looking at global distribution opportunities.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Well that's a no go righ out of the gate, you can't sell that poo poo in he EU and we are obviously looking at global distribution opportunities.

we are not making salted licorice in this factory!!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh god we're going to have a corporate split before we even own the factory

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

we are not making salted licorice in this factory!!!!

Alright, you can sell your butterfingers as long as you call them blendedpeanutspreaddigits,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

when we own a candy factory we can make candy with butter and fingers probably

Our Butterfingers will literally be a lump of butter in the shape of a finger, thus we can call them 'The REAL Butterfingers'.