Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

GOOD EP1
I have high hopes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

bondster posted:

This was already some good poo poo on episode 1, but episode 2 from Gojou to the Principal being voiced by Kiryu Kazama to that ED this is becoming some realllllly great poo poo.

OH I thought he sounded familiar!
OHHHHHH

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ahh theres after ED gags this is everything i wanted

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Electric Phantasm posted:

I wish I could go to a revolving sushi place.

Also never realized there's a difference between a revolving sushi place and regular sushi place. Is it like a fast food place vs. a sit down restaurant?

Conveyor sushi is kinda like fast food yeah. They tend to be cheaper than a proper sushiya.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kinda
But hes the one tsukommi in a world entirely populated by bokes.

The trio has such good chemistry together i love these goofy kids. But a reminder that all jujutsu sorcerors are crazy.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Oct 25, 2020

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well theres nasty body horror stuff still yet to come.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I....am surprised how much Nanamin and Kira's whole look overlap

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its the boy
My boy
Soon to be your boy too

Todo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The movie is great foreshadowing and i love it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not a soul crushing job but a soul eroding one
It is years later and youve realized you have been hollowed out.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also
All sorcerors are crazy
Crazy things happening is a daily occurence.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yesssssssss
Feelings of Brotherhood well up from deep within

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

It never gets to that point unless the difference is absolutely overwhelming, like facing off against Gojo/Sukuna.
What I like about Jujutsu it keeps every single fight as a back and forth push and pull. And MAPPA's been doing a real good job at adapting that.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

KittyEmpress posted:

My girlfriend hated Toudou at first introduction. She was full of groans.

She was full on giggle fitting throughout the fight between him and Itadori.

She now has yelled 'BESTU FRIENDO!' At me twice tonight, and has said they are, together, her favorite parts of the show.

What are ypu saying?
Shes always thought Todo is best boy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gah too handsome put the blindfold back on

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Brutal Garcon posted:

Interesting that the curses that use Sukuna's fingers don't seem to have to worry about him taking over like Yuji does. Maybe Yuji's one was special somehow

I think the idea is they leech off the cursed energy rather than be a vessel for sukuna. Or i think he cant incarnate in a cursed spirits body

("A cursed spirits body is no fun" and all)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

is there even enough manga for a s2 at this point

Yes. Plenty.

Wark Say posted:

Haven't read the manga but I heard/read from a couple of people that there is a "Dark Tournament"-type arc (if we were to compare it to YuYu Hakusho) coming up in the manga right after this which apparently is long enough to sustain another 2-cour season without problem.

Thats actually the most recent development
What comes after the anime stops is something else entirely and not in the least bit as neat and orderly as a tournament.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

That's kind of a criticism ive had of the anime in general, the manga feels like it flows from decisive hit to even heavier blows, fights in this story usually end with both sides completely ragged.
So I felt that the usual flippy, aimless bouncing around, thought pretty, doesnt really fit with the pace the manga sets.

For what I expected, I was thinking more towards superpowered The Raid: Redemption/Ong Bak style fights.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Collapsing Farts posted:

Will it be explained why our protagonist appeared to have superhuman physical traits at the start of the anime? Is it just because he's got extra cursed energy or something

The manga has just started to address that
(Not huge spoilers but it does confirm/deny the question.)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

For me its because the chemistry between the 3 goofballs was entertaining.The characterization is simple, but strong and theres an immediate sense of rapport in any dialogue.

As for the rest of it, the world of JJK feels like a world. People are doing their own thing, things progress regardless of the protagonists, and they chase the plot. The Plot isnt something that comes to them but something they actively seek. Itadori is Sukuna's vessel, but he isnt the center of the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

MAPPA has been incredibly busy lately.
and thats probably an understatement.