Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's kind of weird for there to be a "fear of nature's wrath" cursed spirit that is like plants and stuff instead of weather

I mean, who's afraid of trees, other than lumberjacks?

Anyone who ever saw Final Destination 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Brutal Garcon posted:

Interesting that the curses that use Sukuna's fingers don't seem to have to worry about him taking over like Yuji does. Maybe Yuji's one was special somehow

There’s still only one Sukuna, right? I figured he’d have to leave Yuji for that to be a possibility.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The fact it doesnt have any of the openings or outros is a tragedy

The first opening and ending songs are already on Spotify at least.

Eve - Kaikai Kitan
ALI - Lost in Paradise

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I’ve watched a lot of anime but JJK is the only Shounen anime that I don’t find actively annoying. Has anyone spoken or written about why this series seems to sidestep the many pitfalls of the genre? I’d love to be able to articulate why this show really fires on all cylinders while similar properties just suck.

I guess I haven't watched that many shounens, but I think it feels very similar to Hunter x Hunter in that they just have a few cool characters, give them some cool powers and make em fight, and keep everything else to a minimum. Oh, and it gives an in-universe explanation for why everyone explains their powers.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

No. They should continue going hard.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Maybe I'm misremembering but it seems like they're doing a lot more of the roughly-drawn cartoony reaction animations this season than they did last season, but that's obviously a conscious stylistic choice.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Human Earthworm was much more Toxic Avenger and much less Human Centipede than I was expecting.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

yum posted:

as a manga reader, the only thing in my mind when I’m watching the anime is that the people at Mappa really really want to bang Gojo

They gave him the sexy girl eyelashes

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

This was the first episode where I felt like the animation was really suffering

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Conspiratiorist posted:

And not last episode that straight up had black screens over missing scenes?

I guess I didn’t notice the absence of a scene as much as how bad it looked while Itadori and Mahito were walking down that hallway.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Honestly the animation quality is about the only thing that matters because as an anime only I spend half of every episode going “ok who are these people again and wtf is happening”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

mappa is animating my birthday party

RIP your guests