Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

https://www.dead.gay/forums

Having trouble keeping up with all the news these days? Want to hear the instant the president expires? Worried about wearing out your f5 key? Worry no more! Click over to the CSPAM ticker and plant the firehose of information, comedy, and doomposting firmly in your face.

The CSPAM Ticker

It constantly scans CSPAM for the latest post in a non-stickied thread and scrolls it across your screen. The text of the post links to the post itself, the thread name links to the thread.

If anyone is good at CSS and wants to make it look cooler I'd appreciate it.

Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

how much does this gently caress up the forums servers i hope its a lot

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Can you customize it to not scan certain threads?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
So there is a stickied thread with plans for the custom c-spam style sheets, and there are going to be two of them. One is going to be news-themed. Would you be ok with integrating this into the news-themed stylesheet?

It owns

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao this is great

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

twoday posted:

So there is a stickied thread with plans for the custom c-spam style sheets, and there are going to be two of them. One is going to be news-themed. Would you be ok with integrating this into the news-themed stylesheet?

It owns

Yeah, for sure! I'll check that thread out. PM me if you have any questions/ want the code

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

Nix Panicus posted:

Can you customize it to not scan certain threads?

Yeah, I could. I could either have it just not scan the threads in the first place or have the front end not display posts from a particular thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Sous Videodrome posted:

Yeah, I could. I could either have it just not scan the threads in the first place or have the front end not display posts from a particular thread

Right now Trump thread is like half the posts in CSPAM, so its a Trump thread ticker.

So its still funny, because Trump thread is home to good one liners that work with the ticker format, but its going to drown out everything else