Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

eke out posted:

Need a betting pool about how many senators still will get it

Likely people:
- Marsha Blackburn
- Josh Hawley
- Ben Sasse

Hawley and Sasse were at the Masque of the Red Death re-enactment, I think their odds of getting the 'roni are way higher than any other GOP senator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

eke out posted:

yes, to be clear, that list is the remaining senators at the ACB event that have not announced they are positive yet

Oh, didn't know Blackburn was there too.

Just an unending :hmbol: at all of this, honestly.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

QuoProQuid posted:

i'm curious about the extent to which this fucks up downballot races, not just the ability of people like thom tillis to campaign but the number of republican voters who stay home if there's no certainty on the president's condition

GOP campaigns were already making GBS threads their pants because of Trump's very negative effects on downballot races. Even a 1 to 2% shift in the race in Biden/the Dems' favor due to reduced turnout would wipe out the GOP in so many races.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Hold up, hold up, hold up, Trump's loving chief of staff is confirming "not on clear path to a full recovery"?! He's basically admitting that Trump is dying?!

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Holy poo poo, Trump knows he's dying.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So it can take like 10 days from the onset of symptoms before things quickly spiral and the patient needs to be sent to the ICU. So Trump will be miserable and in fear for a long time.

I'm not sure he's even going to make it to half that. Everything we've heard so far points to his condition rapidly deteriorating.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Grouchio posted:

Define 'shredded.'

Permanent organ damage, probably. Pretty common among covid survivors of all ages, let alone people in their 50s like BoJo.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Grouchio posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't most long-term damage to organs from covid be treated? (That or at least the lungs healing over time?) What percentage of covid survivors have had long-term damage?

A preliminary study back in the summer showed a whopping 55% of patients who'd recovered from covid had some form of long-term heart damage. This isn't even getting into potential damage to other organs.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Recovered as in not having corona anymore even if it was asymptomatic, or as in was seriously ill before it turned around.

The study was of 1200 people who were hospitalized with covid. Which, y'know, is a group that Trump belongs to now.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Does news about people who probably caught covid from Trump go here? Because...

https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1312511364582182913?s=19

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Grouchio posted:

I think we learned about Christie this morning.

We learned he got infected, but he was only hospitalized just now.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
https://twitter.com/DavidBegnaud/status/1312516107547209733?s=19

Christ, Christie is already symptomatic.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Trump has once again managed to turn the news against him, this time with his idiotic photo op that endangered Secret Service agents. Got CNN straight-up saying he lives in an alternate reality re: covid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

sexpig by night posted:

any word on why they called the press to Reed? Is he seriously gonna leave?

No specific word yet, but let's be honest, we all know he was gonna leave regardless of how he actually felt.

Leaving is his only option for even a chance at salvaging his campaign by way of maintaining his Strong Daddy image. If he stays at Walter Reed for even just a few more days, he's basically conceding the election.