Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Who doesn't love a good username? Even my non-goon husband chuckles when I show him a post and the user name is funny. "Ha! Flash Gordon Ramsay!"

Maybe they're witty, maybe they reference something obscure you like, maybe they're just absurd, like this one...

I work as a cook at a southern US breakfast joint. After you cook something and drop it to the line, you usually say "got yer chicken" or "here's yer grits". But when I bring country ham, sometimes I yell:

YALL WANT A HAM

Couldn't tell you a single thing that person posted, but that username makes me laugh just looking at it for some reason. And I blurted it this morning in the middle of Saturday 9am rush and thought "huh, do we have a thread for that?"

So share your faves! Bonus if their avs are funny/relevant (I'd post FGR's but I'm on my phone)

IMPORTANT EDIT: just want to nip this in the bud: this is not the place to voice grievances on other posters. Lord knows there's some posters out there whose opinions I dislike, but gently caress if they don't have a killer name and/or av. Let's keep it neutral and fun, like Swiss Miss hot chocolate.

JacquelineDempsey has a new favorite as of 23:09 on Oct 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I laugh every time I see a post from History Comes Inside!. Such a great play on all those “History Comes Alive!” ads.

Also Solice Kirsk has a great avatar even if I have no idea what it is.

E:Edgar Allen Ho is another great username.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Anyone have a screenshot of the redtext/avatar of "WeLandedOnTheMoon!" whose name was too long for the forums to properly display so it got shortened to "WeLandedOnTheMoo"

Found it on google images.

Another old favorite:

Zesty has a new favorite as of 23:30 on Oct 3, 2020

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It's not witty, funny, or... a pun or anything, but I do just like How Wonderful!. It's like something my wee niece would say, so it makes me smile.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Samovar posted:

It's not witty, funny, or... a pun or anything, but I do just like How Wonderful!. It's like something my wee niece would say, so it makes me smile.

If my memory serves correctly, that phrase stems from when we had an a/t thread from a professional party Disney princess. Her stock answer to Random Crap Kids Say was "how wonderful!"

I like that name, too, good pick!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
There was an old one called HE ON THE TOILET that always got me

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I don't even know why, but I really like "Fleta Mcgurn". I basically don't remember who anyone is on these forums but I remember her because that name just appeals to me so much. I think it came from a spam email originally?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

the one with the big orange cat av thats yelling I AM GAY

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I like Edgar Allen Ho too.

and A THIZZIN T-REX.

wasn't there a username "Mein Eyes!!!"? that was good too.

Also LITERALLY A BIRD being a person who was really into birds was pretty heartwarming - for a long while I'd assumed it was a joke name nothing to do with the person behind it

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I've always liked eating only apples and DAD LOST MY IPOD.

There are a lot I like, but off the top of my head, those are sort of perfect usernames, to me.

MissFortune
Feb 15, 2009

The kind of fortune that never misses.
HE ON THE TOILET and YALL WANT A HAM really hard to beat but

weezy kiss a dude
Motherfucker
turn left DALE NO
A CRUNK BIRD

always made me grin

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

give me the GOD drat candy

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Flash Gordon Ramsey, with the avatar of Flash flashing a rather shocked Gordon Ramsey.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Centripetal Horse is one of my favorites

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Fartington Butts posted:

give me the GOD drat candy

That one is good. The avatar used to be great as well, but then you had CPD-supporters being all pissy.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Not exactly a username or AV, but I've always liked Strudel Man's "ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT" red text.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
TITTIEKISSER69

Carnotaurus
Feb 27, 2006

meat-eating bull
ScootsMagoo, the original PYF mod, had a good name.

RIP in peace.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Carrion Luggage is one that stands out for being clever, but I didn't get it until another goon gave them an av illustrating it ("what the, it's a deer carcass shaped like a rolling suitcase -- oh. Ohhhh!")

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I am a sucker for avs/titles that are very specific and either weird or mean. Examples include:

Also, isn't the username DO YALL WANT A HAM? Am I being Mandela-affected?

MissFortune posted:

turn left DALE NO

I thought it was Turn left Dale! Noo. I'm pretty sure that at least the last word is "Noo" because I liked the abrupt nonchalance of it.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
the pair no butt stuff and ok some butt stuff

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Although not a current username, one of my favorites was cuck cuck im gay because of the ridiculous filter that was applied every time they were quoted.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Sir Not Appearing posted:

Although not a current username, one of my favorites was cuck cuck im gay because of the ridiculous filter that was applied every time they were quoted.

the cluck meme with the blue Cucco avatar was also a good one that popped up around the time "cuck" started to appear in the vernacular

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

MissFortune posted:

weezy kiss a dude

gently caress, that's a good one. I don't remember where they posted but it was so simple, yet funny. Much like Bi Now, Gay Later.

Prof. Banks
Apr 22, 2015

Computer lab day! Time to spend 45 minutes trying to load pokemon.com!

I will never not stare at Heath's avatar for a few seconds every time I see it. It's literally two posts up, I dare you to go look at it and tell me it isn't oddly relaxing to watch.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

extra row of teeth is a great username.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

I am a sucker for avs/titles that are very specific and either weird or mean. Examples include:

There was a spate about 5-7 years ago where people in UKMT got very specific and weird avatars and titles, I got one about wallpaper. We never figured out who was doing it.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Prof. Banks posted:

I will never not stare at Heath's avatar for a few seconds every time I see it. It's literally two posts up, I dare you to go look at it and tell me it isn't oddly relaxing to watch.

If I can ever get a custom plat icon I want it to be a gold leaf to match out :3:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiggum posted:

I don't even know why, but I really like "Fleta Mcgurn". I basically don't remember who anyone is on these forums but I remember her because that name just appeals to me so much. I think it came from a spam email originally?

I agree with this, it's just delightful to say. I really like "Phlegmish" now that I know they are in fact flemish. Also "Goons are Great" is the perfect name for a BYOB mod.

Looking at this thread's title, I'm surprised no one has made an avshalom reference.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 21:00 on Oct 7, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I agree with this, it's just delightful to say. I really like "Phlegmish" now that I know they are in fact flemish. Also "Goons are Great" is the perfect name for a BYOB mod.

Looking at this thread's title, I'm surprised no one has made an avshalom reference.

We've been waiting for Avs to come in and say "me"

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Every now and the I think Shrimp or Shrimps and am vexed by the question.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yours is one of my favorite usernames

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m pooping!” a great one. Is it because someone knocked on the door? Are they surprised that they are, in fact, pooping and announcing that? :iiam:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m pooping!” a great one. Is it because someone knocked on the door? Are they surprised that they are, in fact, pooping and announcing that? :iiam:

I have to second this one. And I guarantee it's because I'm dumb and easily amused, but there wolf makes me smile every time I see their username.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
"yeah I eat rear end" is my favorite goon user name. Clearly the goon is an expert on the subject.

One day I shall get an avatar of Wesley Willis for me, and text underneath saying "suck a male camel's dick".
I hate pugs, but someone bought this for me so I don't want to change it since they spent the money on it....

Alternatively, if I were to ever change my name it would be "Ambassador of Sodomy".
Or possibly Fred Scuttle.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

wesleywillis posted:

One day I shall get an avatar of Wesley Willis for me, and text underneath saying "suck a male camel's dick".
I hate pugs, but someone bought this for me so I don't want to change it since they spent the money on it....

suck a male
camel's dick

e: Also, this is a really pleasant thread to read. Thank you for starting it, Kacqueline. :)

SneezeOfTheDecade has a new favorite as of 04:38 on Oct 11, 2020

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

suck a male
camel's dick

e: Also, this is a really pleasant thread to read. Thank you for starting it, Kacqueline. :)

My goodness. One day it shall be mine.
Thanks goon!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

wesleywillis posted:

My goodness. One day it shall be mine.
Thanks goon!

I was gonna buy it for you, but the store's still down. I hope you get it soon!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I was gonna buy it for you, but the store's still down. I hope you get it soon!

AWWW!!! Thanks!!
Don't worry about it though. Someone paid for what I currently have, so I feel like I should keep it for a little bit longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

most of the X CURES Y names are pretty good. SALT CURES HAM, ACES CURE PLANES, etc