Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

RealFoxy posted:

AEW did a Halloween show last year so they had to make sure that they counter-program this year

But what's the point if there's no inflatable demon playing with its large pumpkin

nxt will never be able to call upon the power of sans, from undertale

edit: this snipe is fine, sans, from undertale, deserves it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Procrastinator posted:

nxt will never be able to call upon the power of sans, from undertale

edit: this snipe is fine, sans, from undertale, deserves it
I fuckin hate Undertale but I was at that show and it's a cool rear end song so I definitely popped for it

They also had Best Friends dressed up as Rick and Rick and Morty tho

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
From a distance she looked like Sasha Banks, so I googled her and up close she still looks like Sasha Banks tbh

e: GIMME MY SHIRT BACK JOHNNY

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 5, 2020

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

harnessing the power of sans undertale

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
That match whipped rear end before/after the interference

And I will say, as far as dumb run-in bullshit goes, the ref repeatedly accidentally getting knocked out -> Johnny loving up a quick count -> the ref shouting "That's my shirt give me back my shirt!!!" is on the endearingly stupid end of things

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
that ref bump was hilarious

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hell yes Ember Moon in NXT

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yay Ember Moon!

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Ember hell yeah

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

bo dallas

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ember Moon + Io Shirai + Toni Storm is a hell of a scene

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

good for ember

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

why would you demote ember to NXT and why would you hype her re-debut only to take the spotlight away 30 seconds before you reveal it by also re-debuting toni storm

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CarlCX posted:

why would you demote ember to NXT and why would you hype her re-debut only to take the spotlight away 30 seconds before you reveal it by also re-debuting toni storm
Triple H fears Abadon and is scrambling to put together a better women's division

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CarlCX posted:

I'm guessing they're losing some women to Smackdown and Raw.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Also I swore that Corey Taylor had appeared in AEW once so I looked it up, and not only does he love AEW, he also watches New Japan and says WWE sucks despite them using two of his songs lmao

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

GO KYLE

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Triple H fears Abadon and is scrambling to put together a better women's division

Codependent Poster posted:

I like how the WWE is enough of a trash fire that these answers are diametrically opposed yet almost assuredly both correct.

Also, having not cared about NXT in forever and still struggling to do so, I vow that if Kyle O'Reilly wins the NXT world championship tonight I will not only watch but write weekly NXT recaps for the duration of his reign.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kyle loving rules and so does Balor but like all modern NXT matches, I would've rather seen this in PWG and this'll be like a fifth as good as it could've been.

Also despite Victory Road being 3 hours and me being half the posts, Takeover has barely managed to get more posts than that show did. Fuckin RIP NXT. Some day I'll go dig up the posts where people were claiming that Vince paying attention to NXT more closely and them going head to head with AEW wasn't the start of hammering nails in the coffin for the brand.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

didnt they lose mia and mercedes to retribution

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

kitten emergency posted:

We have no idea who the masked women in Retribution are. There's just no saying who they could be. Triple H said as much in a press scrum.

(I'm not joking, someone asked Triple H about NXT losing talent to Retribution's faction on RAW and Triple H claimed he had no idea who they were. This was like, Tuesday well after they all unmasked/remasked)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kitten emergency posted:

I don't know who these people are, you have RECKONING and RETALIATION who have never signed contracts before!

But yeah, them and I would expect Dakota and Rhea to be moved soon too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kyle is really good.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
This match rules

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

this is rather good

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
That may be the first time they've ever simulated the effects of a liver shot in WWE.

This is a sick match.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I think that's the first time I've ever seen a Regal-Plex and it was sexy as hell

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

That may be the first time they've ever simulated the effects of a liver shot in WWE.
This isn't the first time they've sold the liver in WWE, there was a summer where like 8 people suddenly had liver issues simultaneously and missed a PPV

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

This is a sick match.

I think the kick did get him there or knocked the wind out of him. It was an awkward moment afterwards.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

The return of internal injuries. It's 1998 all over again.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What happened to Kyle's mouth?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
internal bleeding from the liver

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I think the kick did get him there or knocked the wind out of him. It was an awkward moment afterwards.

If he really got hit with a liver shot it probably would have been longer than just an awkward moment.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

If this ends with a ref stoppage it'll ruin the match

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The rare bottom-rope wacky line

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kyle's got some jagged chompers :stare:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

KOR rules. Loving this match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Although this match loving rules, I wanna nominate "WWE piping in 'This is Awesome'" chants during a match with only performance center trainees for the NY420 this year

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I can't believe a WWE match has been this much of a grappelfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
KOR is so good. I appreciate a Takeover match that doesn't just lean on "Wow they keep kicking out of each other's moves!" to give it an Epic Feel