Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

oh jay posted:

Dot's troubles started when she turned around and tazed the wrong person in a unruly auditorium.

Now Roy gets in trouble by turning around and punching the wrong person in an unruly auditorium.

Good poo poo.

This immediately came to mind for me as well. Brilliant parallel. Although unfortunately Dot has ended up in handcuffs both times...

That episode was terrifying. Jon Hamm is incredible. His last words to Danish being the dumbest poo poo is just so perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

TraderStav posted:

Still not sure why Foley stupidly walked into the ranch alone, hopefully we will understand more in the coming episodes but it was really out of character and dumb with the information we have now.

It made perfect sense to me. The information we have is not the information Danish had. Given Lorraine's actions and statements that he is aware of, he has no reason to think she would be sympathetic to Dot and want to give Roy the election back in exchange for her. Clearly he has some sense of "justice" and was riding high from the success of the debate. I also really agree with the analysis that Danish/Lorraine represent the old sort of "economic conservative" that are very invested in the legal order they have constructed and believe it will insulate and protect them, and are totally unequipped to deal with the "new" conservative in Roy that cares little for the law or its consequences.

Anyway, excited for tank warfare next episode!

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Teaser for episode 9, which contains some significant spoilers so viewer beware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJG53SPkV-0

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

CatstropheWaitress posted:

If there was a point to you it's gone now

ouch

name a colder line. :drat:

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

The finale is going to be good. This is definitely competing with seasons 1 and 2 for me.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Yea Linda dead. Not sure how that could be debated

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

teaser for ep 10 (obviously spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37V6zZ-I1HI

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Gotta know who Munch is tinking orange soda with.

looked mostly like they were tinking soda with him

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Fargo is almost like a Greek play in many ways, including commentary on contemporary political events and persons

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

season 4 is still very entertaining and well worth watching. as many others have said, worst fargo is better than most crap on tv

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

who knew the true hero of fargo s5 would be ole munch

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

fez_machine posted:

Munch and Chigurh are fundamentally different creatures

Who would win in a fight?

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Sickening posted:

I kind of want the last frame of the scene in a high def background for my pc and my forum avatar.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

was talking to my parents about the finale, my mom didn't like it because there "wasn't enough killing"

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

mst4k posted:

I didn’t watch s4 (should I?)

It is worth a watch. Even the worst Fargo is better than most TV. But there are some genuinely very good aspects of it.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

I'm rewatching it now and there's so many great characters. Tim Olyphant is genius, the nervous cop, nurse Oraetta, the jailbird couple, Salvatore Esposito playing an absolute loving maniac. Alas... Chris Rock, bleh.

Honestly season 4 might be on par with the others if it wasn't for Chris Rock

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Nameless Pete posted:

I thought making Varga bulimic was very humanizing. He hates himself, but for the entirely wrong reason.

In light of Munch this season, you can read this in a different way, that Varga cannot consume earthly food (made with love?) because he is some avatar of sin?

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Well, in the end the most terrifying villain is actually Lorraine

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

sure she's not the villain to our protagonists, but the ending between her and roy makes very clear that she is the avatar of an evil far deeper and more pervasive than roy.

i was rooting for her as a character but i feel like a lot of people are missing in the ending that lorraine's sort of evil is tied to the very core of american institutions

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

just finished my rewatch of season 1. billy bob is so good (as is everyone else but he steals the show)

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

the scene between dodd and peggy in the cabin is comedy gold. "oh.... you said you didn't want beans"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

i forgot how visceral season 3 is. between varga's eating disorder and the guy who got crushed by the ac unit, really plays up the body horror

only just finished ep5 on my rewatch but i think s3 is still my favourite