Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Do you hate yourself? I do. Let's watch the debate.

Time: 9:00 -10:30 PM EST

Live written coverage: https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/vp-debate-coverage-fact-check-10-07-20/index.html

VitalSigns posted:

holy poo poo I thought Kamala would be terrible but she's tearing him up christ

this is police brutality

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
Whatever happens, the GOP will find some excuse to claim this debate turned the whole race around. They have no choice, really.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Im predicting this debate will be worse.

I have no loving idea how but the writers this month have been on fire.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008
I'm taking it back to the college days and making some Jungle Juice because I just know this is going to go to poo poo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My prediction is tomorrow I will be hung over

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Pick posted:

My prediction is tomorrow I will be hung over

The WA state gubernatorial debate is immediately after 😬

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Epinephrine posted:

Whatever happens, the GOP will find some excuse to claim this debate turned the whole race around. They have no choice, really.
"Pence didn't constantly interrupt KaMAla therefore Trump is presidential and you should give him 4 more years"

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I like watching debates and victimizing my spouse into watching them with me.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Josh Lyman posted:

"Pence didn't constantly interrupt KaMAla therefore Trump is presidential and you should give him 4 more years"

I seem to remember that this was a component of the 2016 VP analysis commentary.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have pre drunk whiskey for this debate but I think it won’t be enough now

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

spunkshui posted:

Im predicting this debate will be worse.

I have no loving idea how but the writers this month have been on fire.

It won't be as much of a poo poo show. Pence behaves like a normal person, but when he speaks, he will nonchalantly say the most insane poo poo.

This debate will prove how competent the Biden campaign is, and how confident we can be in their ability to close the deal. Pence is not Trump. He is as predictable as it gets, so Harris should be well prepared to handle the telegraphed attacks coming her way. On the other hand, Harris has as much ammunition as anyone has ever had going in to a debate, and is not a 74 year with a stutter, suffering from mental decline. Everyone is going to say a draw is as good as a win, but if the best Harris can manage is a draw in the current circumstances, you really have to wonder how sharp her, and the people around her, are.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.
Sadistically tuning in from Australia during my lunch break.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Admiral posted:

You absolute madman

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008

Admiral posted:

I hope you're eating popcorn for lunch.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

Admiral posted:

I thought the first Presidential debate between racist grandpa and Aw Shucks grandpa would be entertaining, but it emphatically was not.

I'm thinking this debate will be really tame but considering how wrong I was about last time...

(I'm mostly watching because I want to see more of Harris and get an idea how she might eventually shape up as a Presidential candidate in 4/8 years because she's going to be Biden's annointed successor)

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
These undecided voters are the dumbest people in America, holy poo poo CNN.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.

Epinephrine posted:

I hope you're eating popcorn for lunch.

About to head over the road to the servo, can't decide between a Chiko Roll or a Pie for this important occasion.

JosefStalinator posted:

loving seriously. Good lord.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Delthalaz posted:

You absolute madman

It's nearly 2am here and I'm watching this poo poo. USPOL ate my brain

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
how can you be undecided at this point?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

He just wants someone who can reach across the aisle and GET THINGS DONE okay?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

They're obviously Trump voters who want attention. "I want to see how Biden will reach across the aisle... Trump has been in office for 4 years, Biden has been in office for 47 years."

The interviewer is also standing very close to the front row of people she's interviewing.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Silly Burrito posted:

you really like attention and have a brain full of poo poo

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Silly Burrito posted:

Whole lotta Americans are stone cold idiots, OP.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Silly Burrito posted:

You know how those silica packets have warnings on them to not eat them?

It’s for those people.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Surely these "undecided voters" are paid for tonight right? I'm thinking at the least $100, maybe even up to $1,000?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

These are people who wear Velcro shoes still or crocs. They’re also liars, they racists who support trump and just don’t want to admit it. They also want the publicity.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
To get in the mind of an undecided voter, consider someone who said that sandwiches would be fine, and you come with five or six different types of sandwich for the conference, and they stand in front of all the sandwiches, and they say something like, why are there all the sandwiches I was really hoping we were going to have pasta

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Josh Lyman posted:

Surely these "undecided voters" are paid for tonight right? I'm thinking at the least $100, maybe even up to $1,000?

I've never heard of anybody being paid to attend a debate.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I’m undecided, I’m looking for a candidate who wants to unify people, not divide them.

BIDEN/HARRIS: We should be unifying people, not dividing them.

TRUMP/PENCE: We will bathe in the blood of the innocent, kill all liberals.

I’m still undecided man, both sides make excellent points.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

harris is gonna wallop pence and I will laugh but nobody will care, even me. also this is a bad thread title, someone come up with something much more clever. Pence isn't a horse, he wants to gently caress horses.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

How are u posted:

Whole lotta Americans are stone cold idiots, OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDUIX2-akuQ

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Glumwheels posted:

These are people who wear Velcro shoes still or crocs. They’re also liars, they racists who support trump and just don’t want to admit it. They also want the publicity.
Ken Bone has 169k Twitter followers. That's more than enough for brands to pay him for sponsored tweets.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
I hate myself so I'm here for this. My "sun will come up tomorrow" prediction is it will be much less interesting than the Trump Biden debate was.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

No one is both disconnected from politics enough to be undecided but plugged in enough to end up on CNN during a god drat debate.

These people are all liars.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
discord?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lol she's gonna steamroll him surely, i'm not exactly a fan of harris but he has the personality of cardboard, mushy and damp after being used as a teething ring

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Josh Lyman posted:

Ken Bone has 169k Twitter followers. That's more than enough for brands to pay him for sponsored tweets.

WHY?!?!?!

HOW? WHAT?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Oh for real, the guy with a fetish for pregnant women peeing on him? He’s the quintessential undecided voter, dumb as rocks.

He’s also voting for jo jorgenson now because of “foreign policy”.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mediaphage posted:

lol she's gonna steamroll him surely, i'm not exactly a fan of harris but he has the personality of cardboard, mushy and damp after being used as a teething ring
He has that smug face and tone that people used when they were impersonating Bill Clinton. At least half the country will see this as reassurring and presidential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Fritz the Horse posted:

I thought the first Presidential debate between racist grandpa and Aw Shucks grandpa would be entertaining, but it emphatically was not.

I'm thinking this debate will be really tame but considering how wrong I was about last time...

(I'm mostly watching because I want to see more of Harris and get an idea how she might eventually shape up as a Presidential candidate in 4/8 years because she's going to be Biden's annointed successor)

Prediction: tame but absolutely maddening as Pence basically attempts to erase things that happened on cameras over the last five years.