Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Mike Pence is afraid of fly swatters because that's what Mother spanks him with when he gets a boner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

between this and the kavanaugh thing i'm beginning to suspect her "prosecutorial punches" were always a function of having other people in charge of arguing for her

You didn’t think she was tough on Kavanaugh?

e: I don’t really remember it too well but I thought she did alright

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PT6A posted:

Mike Pence is afraid of fly swatters because that's what Mother spanks him with when he gets a boner.

The electric fly swatted, too.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Space Gopher posted:

Drew Carey is a libertarian who led a "smoke-in" to protest no-smoking laws in restaurants and sits on the board of the Reason Foundation.

He's done some cool things for libraries and other charities, and he's personally generous, but he's still a libertarian.

Lately he seems to have come down firmly on one side, and was dunking on people complaining about antifa by telling them to stop being fascists if they don’t want to have a problem with antifa.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/1314048380063145984

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

between this and the kavanaugh thing i'm beginning to suspect her "prosecutorial punches" were always a function of having other people in charge of arguing for her

Being good in a courtroom is very different than being good at a debate or a hearing. Lawyer skills are helpful, but you need more as an actual politician.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Delthalaz posted:

You didn’t think she was tough on Kavanaugh?

e: I don’t really remember it too well but I thought she did alright

there were a lot of people expecting that she was going to utterly destroy him, and got very badly burned by a prosecutor's instinctive deference when faced with a judge

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

Lately he seems to have come down firmly on one side, and was dunking on people complaining about antifa by telling them to stop being fascists if they don’t want to have a problem with antifa.

He managed to escape the libertarian -> fascist pipeline? Good on him!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

there were a lot of people expecting that she was going to utterly destroy him, and got very badly burned by a prosecutor's instinctive deference when faced with a judge

Yeah. People watch too many movies and think criminal or civil litigation is like what you see in the movies or television when it's really the complete opposite. Hollywood writers have to take extreme liberties (and take advantage of editing and camerawork) to make the drama watchable.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/megynkelly/status/1314017761891364864?s=21

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

woman opinion: gently caress you megyn oh my god, gently caress you

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

I could make a comment, but I'm afraid of potential blowback or a prob.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
It's pretty clear that no woman will ever flat out win a debate like this because they are constantly coached to not attack, not to belittle, not to do anything that will make men feel intimidated. All the things she should have done would have been nitpicked to death as whining and bitching because that is how our society views women telling men they are wrong with any kind of authority.

As long as Harris didn't backslide the momentum she won. So, Harris won.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
So if you threw a shoe at Pence's head, could you use the defense that you saw a fly on his head and wanted to spare him the indignity of being laughed at by the entire nation?

Asking for a friend.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

Space Gopher posted:

Drew Carey is a libertarian who led a "smoke-in" to protest no-smoking laws in restaurants and sits on the board of the Reason Foundation.

He's done some cool things for libraries and other charities, and he's personally generous, but he's still a libertarian.

I knew libertarians had a pro library agenda.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Dunite posted:

So if you threw a shoe at Pence's head, could you use the defense that you saw a fly on his head and wanted to spare him the indignity of being laughed at by the entire nation?

Asking for a friend.

That fly is checking itself into Walter Reed as we speak.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/jerryjamesstone/status/1314028947517005825?s=20

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Think Trump is pissed about the fly memes???

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

that looks a lot worse than pinkeye

sean10mm posted:

I mean, the D&D doomers called the last debate for Trump and uh that's not how the public reacted to put it mildly laffo

This was extra funny because literal gop strategists ended up calling it the worst performance in a presidential debate anyone can remember

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Oct 8, 2020

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

FilthyImp posted:

Trump is in the middle of a week long roid rage, he's pissed about everything.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Hes going the be seething thats all anyone got out of the “good for him” debate.

Which will of course mean more fly memes.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

It's already begun.

https://twitter.com/MikePenceFly___/status/1314031654084591616

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest
I know I'm going to hear "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" All day tomorrow. But I nominate this song for the rest of the debate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AALREbJZEZk

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
A friend in college coughed so hard he burst the blood vessels in his eye. Looked like that.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Pinkeye occurs in 1% of coronavirus patients. This is that 1%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumby
Oct 25, 2007
When I saw the fly crawling over that corpse-like visage I knew I'd finally found a candidate for me! Fly is the real deal, he knows how to deal with this poo poo! I made this campaign poster for the little guy.
https://www.imgur.com/mpnV6Eu