Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Problem description: I just want to preface this and say that I am not a MAC guy, and this is not my machine, but it is my job to fix all of our computers. 7 year old iMAC pro, 21.5in, updated the OS to 10.14.6 Tuesday night. Left to complete overnight, appears to have been successful, however, the system is absolutely crawling now. Takes 5-10 minutes to get to login screen (Power on, white apple logo on black background), then after logging in it takes another 7-10 minutes before the Finder launches. From there, we're looking at 2-5 minutes of spinning color wheel before any application will respond to mouse clicks and then another few minutes before the program will launch. If nothing is done for an hour or 2 it gets to an OK to use level, but still very slow to launch/run applications. Lots of spinning wheel and not responding. Also getting a canont connect to icloud message, but the only thing I see on that after clicking to fix is to set up 2 factor authentication.

Attempted fixes: Turned off startup programs (Fiery print server, Dropbox, Citrix helper), looked at Application Manager and saw that CPU usage was very low, under 10% even with things running. Performed SMC Reboot (Shutdown, unplug from power, wait 15 seconds, plug back in to power, wait 5 seconds, power on) no change. Booted into safe mode - Boots faster, but applications still very slow to launch and respond, and that should only be apple extensions that run at boot.

Recent changes: Updated to OSX 10.14.6

--

Operating system: MAC OSX 10.14.6 - Mojave

System specs: Apple iMac 8GB RAM 1600 Mhz DDR3, 2.7GH Intel Core i5

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU