Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Just don't steal the loving road signs! Be respectful to the Fuckingers!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/loving,_Austria

This loving article is great!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Just don't steel the loving road signs! Be respectful to the Fuckingers!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/loving,_Austria

This loving article is great!

I think this is my favourite bit:

Commander Schmitzberger, the local police chief, also hinted at other avenues to stop what he calls "foreign criminals" from disturbing order in the village. Regarding these "other avenues", Schmitzberger stated, "[w]hat they are, I am not at liberty to disclose, but we will not stand for the loving signs being removed. It may be very amusing for you British, but loving is simply loving to us. What is this big loving joke? It is puerile."

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

sign thieves are a real menace apparently, poor Shitterton in England has had to replace their sign with one carved into a ton and a half of stone!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitterton

although in this case it's not just a funny sounding name in another language. also they get bonus points for being on the River Piddle

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Areola Grande

Diorama

i remember when all this was fields
twin towns

Areola Grande

Areola Grande

Areola Grande

Areola Grande

Areola Grande

Areola Grande

Areola Grande

Diorama

well that's just silly

Prof. Crocodile

Stoner Sloth posted:

Commander Schmitzberger, the local police chief, also hinted at other avenues to stop what he calls "foreign criminals" from disturbing order in the village. Regarding these "other avenues", Schmitzberger stated, "[w]hat they are, I am not at liberty to disclose, but we will not stand for the loving signs being removed. It may be very amusing for you British, but loving is simply loving to us. What is this big loving joke? It is puerile."

this sentence could not possibly be any funnier. it's high-brow satire, funny words, slapstick, and dirty jokes all at once.

Areola Grande

Diorama posted:

well that's just silly

Canada doesn't mess around when it comes to funny town names. Almost as good as australia

Khanstant
pay me and ill loving go

Heather Papps

hello friend

welcome to

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Areola Grande

lmao

Pissed Ape Sexist

Lol in a wholesome way

Stoner Sloth

prepuce repurposed posted:

Canada doesn't mess around when it comes to funny town names. Almost as good as australia

this is Victorian but South Australia is especially good imo: Mount Buggery, The Boobs, Break Wind Reserve and Bullshit Hill are some of my favourites

Areola Grande

lmfao. aus always delivers

Areola Grande

mom used 2 say I was birthed in a dark car on bullshit hill. I always thought it was a vague metaphor until now

:vince:

Escape From Noise

Hahaha! These are good!

google THIS

quote:

"The Germans all want to see Mozart's house in Salzburg; the Americans want to see where The Sound of Music was filmed; the Japanese want Hitler's birthplace in Braunau; but for the British, it's all about loving."

:britain:

Stoner Sloth

Tasmania is also great and varied - from Stinkhole, Knockup and Funny Knob Creek in the north, down through Butt of Liberty, Mossy Nipple Bend, Deep (or round or long or broad) Bottom and Bust-Me-Gut Hill all the way to Humungus Hole, Tonguer's Point, Lovely Bottom and Goon Moor in the south.

it also has Dismal Swamp, Pensioner's Bush, Satan's Lair, Eggs and Bacon Bay, Pisspot Creek, and No No Hole

e: and Grandma's Gut and Bottom Fancy too. in conclusion either do or don't let Tasmanian's draw up new maps of any planets we explore depending on desired results

Areola Grande

no no hole was my nickname in county jail

~blessed~

Escape From Noise

Oregon has some weird ones like Starvation Peak and stuff. They're not very sexy though

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Oregon has some weird ones like Starvation Peak and stuff. They're not very sexy though

buffalo jump was a place name i thought was very funny till i looked it up

google THIS

Thought exercise: Abbreviating Austria to A

RazzleDazzleHour

Wait..........why would someone want to steal a sign that says Butt Hole Road?

RazzleDazzleHour

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Wikipedia article for Street Sign Theft posted:

Street signs on Butt Hole Road in England were stolen over time, because of the use of butt hole as a slang term for "anus".[19] The street was eventually renamed to Archers Way in 2009

Heather Papps

hello friend

mr archer, reading the news: what the gently caress?!

Escape From Noise

Butthole Road take me home
To the place I belong

Finger Prince

Areola Grande

take my money already :homebrew:

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i once helped a person on the phone who could not create an email whose last name was f*ckermann. i had a go at pronouncing the man's last name and i actually got it correct and i was like "ohhh. okay. let's see if we can find an alternate email address for you"

mr. fu*ckermann was Very Satisfeid with my service i provided to him,

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Mark Fuckerberg

Diorama

ah, well appropriate since Hounslow is a shithole

poop comes from butts, you see,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Stoner Sloth posted:

sign thieves are a real menace apparently, poor Shitterton in England has had to replace their sign with one carved into a ton and a half of stone!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shitterton

although in this case it's not just a funny sounding name in another language. also they get bonus points for being on the River Piddle

Remarkable UK self-own!