Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

google THIS

I like how in the Shitterton article they dance around but still basically admit that the name means "town where people poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

google THIS posted:

I like how in the Shitterton article they dance around but still basically admit that the name means "town where people poo poo"

Look, you'd be dancin' around too if you were holding in a poo.

Escape From Noise

[In Larry the Cable Guy voice]: Shitterton!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

google THIS posted:

That's true of most places, though. The people of Olde Shitterton must have either poo poo more or poo poo better than everybody else.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugging lmao there was another village of loving but they changed their name to fugging in 1836 to avoid the eventual fate of the other loving

Escape From Noise

They should hire Joe Pesci to do a series of tourism ads imho

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Ass-penny

Diorama posted:

ah, well appropriate since Hounslow is a shithole

poop comes from butts, you see,

*Muttering to myself while I write in a notepad*

Poop... Butts. Now that makes sense.

I Love Loosies

Just wanted you guys to know that they chancing the name to Fugging :(

Prof. Crocodile

I Love Loosies posted:

loving 2020 strikes again. :negative:

google THIS

I Love Loosies posted:

Well, scratch that one off the list of things I'm thankful for

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
its p funny tbh. like its a tiny place with 105 people and they really dont appreciate the joke

they rejected name changes earlier (2005), maintaining that the name is ancient and has no connection w/ english swears

quote:

everyone here knows what it means in English, but for us loving is loving—and it's going to stay loving.
like they are just really annoyed w/ the entire thing, being humorless austrians

quote:

Commander Schmitzberger, the local police chief, also hinted at other avenues to stop what he calls "foreign criminals" from disturbing order in the village
but c'mon its just too funny. "loving"? lmbo

quote:

We don't find it funny. We just want to be left alone. We don't harm anyone and just want to live in peace :(

and finally in 2020 they capitulated

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
bonus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking_Hell

Heather Papps

hello friend

my name is commander schmitzberger, i'm the loving police chief, and i have never felt joy

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Nosfereefer

just look at shitterton, uk

the people there embrace the name, and there the etymological roots are exactly what it sounds like

Goons Are Gifts

Here's some alternative Austrian names you might not yet know of, or understand the joke because it's German, but

Some of the highlights translated:
Kotzgraben - Pukepit
St. Blasen - St. Blow
Rohr im Gebirge - Pipe in the mountain
Samendorf - Semen village
Sexling - Sexling
Maria Elend - Maria Despair
Grins - Grinning
Äußere Einöde - Outside Wasteland
Übelbach - Nausea Brook
Mösendorf - Vagina Town
I can't even translate Votzenthalhof for you, because if I would I actually unironcially would have to use a slur (it's has a bit less weight in German though).

Nosfereefer

its me, im lower stinking well

Nosfereefer

since language changes all the time, and that "loving" has had the same meaning for decades, why don't we start saying "fugging" instead? :evilbuddy:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Nosfereefer posted:

its p funny tbh. like its a tiny place with 105 people and they really dont appreciate the joke

they rejected name changes earlier (2005), maintaining that the name is ancient and has no connection w/ english swears

like they are just really annoyed w/ the entire thing, being humorless austrians

but c'mon its just too funny. "loving"? lmbo

and finally in 2020 they capitulated

fugged up

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Thanks to General Foods International Coffee's new loving Cafe flavor, I can visit Austria without ever leaving my home. Enjoy some loving coffee today!

Escape From Noise

Glutes Are Great posted:

Here's some alternative Austrian names you might not yet know of, or understand the joke because it's German, but

Mösendorf - Vagina Town

Won't u take me to
Badoobadoo
Vagina town
Badoobadoo
Won't u take me to
Badoobadoo
Vagina toooown

google THIS

Forget it, Jake. It's Vagina Town.

Escape From Noise

google THIS posted:

Prof. Crocodile

google THIS posted:

Entenzahn

erm... quack-ward

Glutes Are Great posted:

Some of the highlights translated:
Kotzgraben - Pukepit
St. Blasen - St. Blow
Rohr im Gebirge - Pipe in the mountain
Samendorf - Semen village
Sexling - Sexling
Maria Elend - Maria Despair
Grins - Grinning
Äußere Einöde - Outside Wasteland
Übelbach - Nausea Brook
Mösendorf - Vagina Town
I can't even translate Votzenthalhof for you, because if I would I actually unironcially would have to use a slur (it's has a bit less weight in German though).

There's a place literally called "hell" a one hour's drive away from me. :thumbsup:

thank you Evan Jellicle for the honkin' rad holiday sig

copy rite by cda -> do not steal!

Escape From Noise

Entenzahn posted:

There's a place literally called "hell" a one hour's drive away from me. :thumbsup:

I'd almost want to live there just for the opportunity to tell everyone that I truly live in hell.

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

I Love Loosies posted:

:finland:

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

In order to combat the changing of loving, Austria to Fugging, we all must now change the cities and towns we live in to have dirty names.

Nosfereefer

Entenzahn posted:

sup fellow hell neighbour

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

"I've always wanted to try loving"--me, a person who wants to visit Austria.

Escape From Noise

loving is finished as of November 17, 2020

Finger Prince

I spent some time in loving a few years back, but I haven't been in ages. I enjoy watching people's travel vlogs about it though.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's actually a really beautiful area and I would get much enjoy taking in the sights and sounds of loving in person.

Stoner Sloth

maybe BYOB should launch a campaign to bring back loving?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Escape From Noise

Stoner Sloth posted:

Anyone know how to contact Justin Timberlake?

Nosfereefer

Stoner Sloth posted:

Stoner Sloth

could we maybe get our excellent mod GaG to send a petition from BYOB to loving?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

Stoner Sloth posted:

could we maybe get our excellent mod GaG to send a petition from BYOB to loving?

'from loving with love' would be a great james bond parody title

google THIS

Petition to at least put a sign that says FORMERLY loving next to the new sign

google THIS

(to a random couple on the street) So I hear you guys aren't loving anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

google THIS posted:

Petition to at least put a sign that says FORMERLY loving next to the new sign

Mayor: Now I know that we've been loving for a long time, centuries. And I know it's controversial to change that.

Crowd: *hushed whispers of anticipation*

Mayor: But we can embrace that change and move with the times. And so from this day forward we will no longer be loving for now, ladies and gentlemen, we are... *pulls cover off new sign* hosed!

Crowd: *wild applause*