Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
was it a mistake to play football this year
yeah
definitely
View Results

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it was a mistake to play football this year. It's just really irresponsible to put the health and safety of unpaid college athletes at risk like this.

the season must be canceled immediately IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

gently caress you, dan mullen!!

https://twitter.com/GrahamHall_/status/1315015543657820162?s=20

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’m only okay with continuing the season if it results in Bo Pelini getting Covid.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

unacceptable

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1315277538059575297?s=20

shut it down

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

joe burrow Joe Burrow

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

things are fine in nc imo

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

joe burrow Joe Burrow

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress football

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Bears season probably should’ve been shut down for my own mental health.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bird in a Blender posted:

The Bears season probably should’ve been shut down for my own mental health.

please don't complain about your 4-1 team

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I feel like I’m going crazy watching them sneak away with wins each week while being terrible. It’s starting to make me question the reality of my surroundings.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

everything is [checks notes] fine?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Of course a buncha idiots in NE make a mistake now south fla gotta suffer wtf

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If Herbert gets COVID I will kill the offending player myself

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

If Herbert gets COVID I will kill the offending player myself

What if it’s a teammate? Do they just get a maiming?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fartknocker posted:

What if it’s a teammate? Do they just get a maiming?

Depends on which one

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Depends on which one

Let’s say Ekeler

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is like when one kid is acting bad in class and everyone else gets punished

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1315365303186989058?s=20

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1315369223489687552?s=20

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Sean Doolittle of the Nationals posted:

I do think it brings to mind kind of where we’re at in our response to this as a country. Like we’re trying to bring baseball back during a pandemic that’s killed 130,000 people. We’re way worse off as a country than we were in March when we shut this thing down. Look at where other developed countries are in their response to this. We haven’t done any of the things that other countries have done to bring sports back. Sports are like the reward of a functioning society. And we’re trying to just bring it back, even though we’ve taken none of the steps to flatten the curve, whatever you want to say. We did flatten the curve a little bit, but we didn’t use that time to do anything productive. We just opened back up for Memorial Day. We decided we’re done with it. If there aren’t sports, it’s going to be because people are not wearing masks, because the response to this has been so politicized. We need help from the general public. If they want to watch baseball, please wear a mask, social distance, keep washing your hands. We can’t just have virus fatigue and keep thinking, ‘Well, it’s been four months, we’re over it, this has been enough time, right? We’ve waited long enough, shouldn’t sports come back now?’ No, there are things we have to do in order to bring this stuff back. And now you want to bring fans back? Is that safe? I don’t know. I’m not a public health expert, but we should probably defer to them on some of these issues. So I don’t know if it’s safe or not. I really don’t know. But that doesn’t seem like something that … I don’t know if that feels like a good idea or not. I don’t know.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

end zeson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

did a lot of thinking since yesterday...

we should definitely cancel college football but the NFL can stay