Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

ForbiddenSock posted:

Hi goons, while I firmly believe that when I am displeased with my life I need to get my poo poo together and DO SOMETHING, poo poo don't always work out for me since I don't really know what I'm doing half the time. Anyone who has regrets in their lives (yes, you) has thought about what situation they would have managed differently if they could go back in time with the benefit of hindsight.

I was just wondering what some of you goons have gone through that you would like to try differently now that you know better. I would also be interested in knowing what decisions you made on the fly that turned out really good if you got something positive to share. I'd ask reddit, but I don't want to see a million people jacking off a guy who closed mouth kissed someone he wasn't dating at prom or something shallow like that.

id jack off a guy who close mouth kissed someone he wasn't dating at prom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
I’d have left behind all the miserable people I held onto for so many years. You always know who the people you love that don’t love you back are, sometimes you just keep them around anyways.
loving stupid.
Don’t be stupid like me, if you have to wonder if someone would gently caress you over, chances are they would, and aren’t even worth the time it takes to have a beer with them.
Hot chicks who will have group sex with you having exchanged no money included.
Not loving worth it.

Also, I wish I could have known exactly how hosed up my life was as a kid. No frame of reference I guess. I could have had a full ride through college and a fat stipend through the Chafee grant. Surprise the same people who didn’t care about me as a child didn’t care about me as an adult enough to tell me... If you were homeless as a kid, you were probably also a ward of the court, get your rear end to college before you turn 26.
You age out of some pretty epic funding.

gently caress.

E: Right after I posted that, a cheap Amazon alarm clock’s death reminded me:

For auld lang sine my dear.
We’ll talk a cup of kindness yet.
For auld lang sine.

Solvent fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 15, 2020

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
If I changed all the times that my life went utterly off the rails, I'd be some sort of normal boring rear end in a top hat.

As opposed to being a weird unusual rear end in a top hat.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

endlessmonotony posted:

Gonna say it was the day I arrived at the ER with my brain leaking of my skull.

That was a bad move! The entire day was bad!

Avoid your brain being exposed to the air outside your skull, that's what I wager you should do. Good life advice for anyone.

it's good to air your ideas every now and then

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I should have kept my mouth shut a little more often, especially at school.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
For a few years in/after high school I was a chick version of a ‘nice guy’ and even though I’m 36 the cringiest memories occasionally pop into my head when I’m trying to fall asleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Jebus
Sep 9, 2001

You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought...

Who would have thought getting married in my late 20's because 'well, all my friends were now married and I guess its time' would have been a terrible idea.

Also I wished I'd learned sooner that in my career or anywhere else in life being "smart" doesn't trump being lazy. That one took most of my twenties to learn.