Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
We build two new survey ships. For surveying the outer systems.

We've been having some troubles with asteroids and space debris impacting our two original survey ships you see so we'll just add some trans newtonian CIWS to them and really good targeting systems.

Ofcourse one of them will be stationed above earth and rotate with the other. The incredibly long deployment time just makes this a given. One crew rests and performs maintenance and the other surveys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
As a representative of some nation or another: do not respond and do not treat this as a “humanitarian crisis” or “we have to respond to this distress signal immediately!”

This is a 60 year old signal from a US destroyer.

It either:
Keeps a while longer while we figure poo poo out.
Or
Is not what it seems. (Unless it seems like a trap which it is)

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So the downed UFO at Roswell should probably coincide with the bombing of the Mars base.

Queu a couple decades later and the stasis pods are starting to fail?

Two intergalactic players in our backyard.

We shouldn’t rush this. A slow and steady retrieval of the people here with a thorough debriefing and medical checkups at Lunagrad.

We start by figuring out how much time we have and if we need to send a few food shipments and / or volunteer doctors.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Evans Memorial Station will exist in the future.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
The Scania Liberation Front like the idea of Värnplikt, the good thing about it is that it can be both military and civilian and with or without arms.

Instill in the people that they have enormous rights as part of the commune! But also obligations to protect and care for it.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Antilles posted:

Ooh, another scandinavian? Nice. I knew leaving the Kalmar Union vaguely defined would pay off when/if another scandi joined up. If you join the discord we can nail down a little more fixed timeline/history.

I'll visit! Can't promise to be incredibly active though.

Link in OP?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Telsa Cola posted:

As an IRL archaeologist, having untrained people poke around and do archaeology things is 100% going to lead to a bunch of poo poo being destroyed and a bunch of data being lost. So keep that in mind.

As an IRL archeologist wouldn't you also say that it'd be p cool to have real life Indiana Jones meets X Files meets Men who stare at goats team do cool poo poo?

Jokes aside

The benefits far outstrip the negatives IMHO.
Xenoarcheology now compared to xenoarcheology in two years.

Poor Intel on potential threats now or a surprise visit from a hostile race later.

Small kickstarts now that will boost our research or larger ones later when we might have already spent time on those technologies.

Deadly traps and ancient defense systems now or avoiding the pitfalls in a few years?

Affi fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 4, 2021

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
The sad truth is that we need to plant the flag at several more viable moons and asteroids so that we don't cede initiative and power to the remaining capitalist nations.

Japan, India or hawaii launching a colonisation effort in Saturn's belt is not anything we can tolerate. Or any of the even worse imperialistic capitalistic nations remaining.

Thoughts?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Once we have star wars up and running we should give them an ultimatum.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Changing my vote to A

Affi fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Dec 16, 2021

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Changed my vote. But basically I wanted a ship that could at least reach Mars.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

sebmojo posted:

i could press a button and delete this thread, just fyi

Then everyone is just going to bitch and moon about it.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I hope the reveal is that the Martians are shapeshifters

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Asterite34 posted:

Well far be it from me to ignore the advice of the experts

The DRMN proposes an official requisition of maintenance facilities on Earth sufficient for 30,000 total tons of spacecraft.

How about we instead decide on a percentage of active spacecraft = goal in maintenance facilities?

Like "Always maintain enough maintenance facilities to service 1/3rd of our active spacecraft"

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Giving JP theory to capitalists because you're mad is a childish outburst.

Yea a forever war against capitalists is better then us stumbling forward a bit.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Raise them up as a positive example if anything.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Aren’t all our spacemunitions nukes?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

HiHo ChiRho posted:

But if it's distant and isolated, you would still need fuel to send ships back home. You would expect it to be cheaper to set up a harvesting facility than ship refined sorium fuel to the edge of nowhere.

My guess is there was a facility at one point that got wiped in a battle, but it was such a long time ago we just don't see any remaining debris from it.

Could be that the "gates" that we havn't researched yet ceased functioning and left these dudes stranded in an undeveloped system. They fought, maybe were fighting, beforehand and quickly ran out of resources.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Love it!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I wholeheartedly Reject the bridge proposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So is this may 1st when we clobber all remaining capitalist nations until they go full commie with us?