Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

~ 35,000 youtube channels have a million subscribers, if you're on top of who has a million or not in general you should probably go outside more.

Drew Gooden good
Eddy Burback good
Ted Nevison good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEyVl14GgyE

Nerd City is back where he viciously attacks Gary Vee and his NFT marketing but is plugging his NFT project at the end?
What the gently caress? loving weird, man.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Equeen posted:

I liked the Nerd City videos I watched years ago, but holy poo poo how did NFTs rot this dude’s brain lmao.

that's the fascinating part - the moment I went "oh this isn't the 'we we wrong about these' moments" was when he started talking about the long success of amazon etc etc

amazing how you can actively talk about how bad NFTs are, but then run your own NFT project lmao

Slotducks fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 5, 2023

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

who the gently caress is matpat?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

RakeInTheLake

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

It's important to note that a lot of the Stanley cup discourse is inherently laced with misogyny. This critique and attention hasn't been applied at the same level of Sneakerhead culture, a more male dominated space.

They're the same loving thing. Rampant unchecked consumerism built by false scarcity and marketing.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

sorry we don't take gothcard, do you have another card you can use?

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Canadian listeners of the Dollop get AirBNB ads now and I'm slightly confused with it because that seems exactly anti-thetical to Dave Anthony's whole brand of politics.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

One of the Youtube crafters I follow just posted a video which cold-opened with a 1 minute paid ad for wacky dayglo t-shirts and then immediately segued into "Hey I'm sorry I haven't posted for an entire month my best friend of 25 years had an aneurysm and died in his sleep and I've been trying to process that" which was some crazy tonal whiplash :stare:

I guess he couldn't put the ad at the end of the video after that heavy stuff so he had to shove it in at the start :shrug:

Twitch is filled with those whiplash moments. One moment a chatter will donate $5 being like "Graduated with my phd today, this is a little thank you for keeping me company while I study" and then the next will be some 10$ donation trauma dumping horrific details of some poo poo and the streamer is just left there awestruck

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Even chatting has people talking about good/lovely parts of their day to the streamer and it's just boggles my mind just putting that poo poo out there for them to go *reading the message out loud* "oh shoot that sucks, hope you feel better" *reads the next message 2 seconds later* "YO! Let's go! I love chipotle too!!!"

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

The problem with industry-realted youtubers and stuff like that is that realistically there's only 2 years worth of content.

After 2 years, you're left with going even more niche or sucking the new-product/new-fad pipeline. That's why innocuous gym youtubers turn into roided out supplement peddlers claiming natty because they can't talk/show themselves doing their 5x5 workout over and over again

same thing with photography channels - only so much content out there before you have to hop on the "I GOT RID OF ALL MY NIKON/SONY/CANON/FUJI CAMERAS AND REPLACED IT WITH THIS %(Fuji/Canon/Sony/Nikon camera systems)" train every 4 months.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

amongsusgold is severely mentally ill and should be disregarded in almost every single thing he says - he is a deeply broken person who refuses to put in an iota of effort to treat his multitude of issues.

he's also really loving stupid.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

I miss the giant bomb thread so I could watch it's demise vicariously through people too bought in to quit watching.

Once Ryan passed, that site was doomed.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Podcasts ruined Stand up comedy - no longer did standups have to work hard to make a person laugh, they can just cultivate a podcast audience across the nation and just sell out shows no matter where.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

volts5000 posted:

There used to be a mechanism for vetting national stand up acts. Comedians would work a bunch of clubs. Get some notoriety. A scout would find them and book them for a national audience like an HBO special or a spot on Ed Sullivan/Johnny Carson/Jay Leno. If they did ok, they'd sell more records. If they did great, they get their own show or a recurring guest spot somewhere. Sure, this system was exploitative, sexist, gatekeeping, etc, but it did separate a lot of the wheat from the chaff.

Nowadays, it seems like anybody can go from podcast/YouTube personality to nationally distributed stand up comedian.

brendan loving schwab somehow got a special like after a year of doing it

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

My guy is still pushing his NFT things in 2024

absolutely wild.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

internet addicts find the negatives in everything they consume they can't help it - it's a well worn groove. No matter what that person is going to be upset about something.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

MrQueasy posted:

Also From r/youtubedrama, Nerd City just can’t stop replying to people. They’re not mad, you’re mad. What happened to this poor guy?

Nice meltdown from the NFTs-are-bad-heres-why-you-should-buy-my-nft-with-the-same-ugly-ai-generated-"art"-style guy A+

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah. It's a really well crafted show that is quite willing to experiment with form and style but also unless you are a kid or have kids/grandkids I don't see why you'd watch it.

A LOT of millennials are currently reparenting themselves and need/want to consume this stuff.
Largely Bluey is good - the point where adults watching it crosses into problematic is when you start tweeting/reading/posting in the bluey subreddit about all the lore and poo poo like that - real freak poo poo.

It's obvious the writers care about a cohesive consistent detailed world but good lord no one needs to dissect how the mom dog had a miscarriage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Cailou has cancer and his show is just a make a wish foundation wish fulfillment