Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I will probably die before I don't-laugh at the scene in the first Borat where it's just him and Bogatov loving up the entire hotel room while fighting each other naked, then running through the place.

Also eww, when did a tag for noted giant piece of poo poo, who had a hand in the rush toward nearly extincting the buffalo so that the natives would starve to death or get on their reservations, sherman get made.

gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Katt posted:

Everyone with any amount of wealth or influence was a piece of poo poo at the time. He was one of lesser pieces of poo poo :v:

Dude was utter loving trash and I genuinely won't ever stop reminding people when I see it, because I hope he's in hell for playing a major part in a native people's genocide and it thoroughly pisses me off when people play this "TEE HEE COOL SHERMAN BURN SOUTH" poo poo to prop up a monster who was super into his job to ethnically cleanse the plains.

“During an assault, the soldiers can not pause to distinguish between male and female, or even discriminate age. As long as resistance is made, death must be meted out, but the moment all resistance ceases, the firing will stop and all survivors turned over to the proper Indian agent.”

“It is an inevitable conflict of races, one that must occur when a stronger gradually displaces a weaker.”

"The more [Indians] we can kill this year, the less will have to be killed the next war, for the more I see of these Indians, the more convinced I am that they all have to be killed or be maintained as a species of paupers"
"The Source - "The Useless Indians" An Assessment by General William T. Sherman."

"We are not going to let a few thieving, ragged Indians check and stop the progress of the railroads.... I regard the railroad as the most important element now in progress to facilitate the military interests of our frontier."

"We must act with vindictive earnestness against the Sioux," Sherman wrote to Ulysses S. Grant in 1866, "even to their extermination, men, women and children." The Sioux must "feel the superior power of the Government." Sherman vowed to remain in the West" till the Indians are all killed or taken to a country where they can be watched."

"He chillingly referred to this policy in an 1867 letter to Grant as "the final solution to the Indian problem"

"In 1872, Sherman wrote to Sheridan that the railroads "will help to bring the Indian problem to a final solution."

"In the words of the Sioux leader Sitting Bull, 'a cold wind blew across the prairie when the last buffalo fell—a death-wind for my people.'"

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 6, 2020

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The main problem I guess that a lot of the time it feels like it's coming from people who would ideally know or try for better, while most of the lionizing of historically horrible people comes from the usual suspects. Like however ironically or whatever excuse, please attempt to find a whatsoever better person to cheer for having killed slavers, not the guy who (Stated first, but the lesser side of this duo obviously) nearly extincted a cool and important animal - as a part of his means of looking for The Final Solution for those useless natives who wouldn't accept his good white government's offer of designated ghettos to expire in out of the way and so if they won't let us build our railroad on their homes and tear down their culture we should just start blasting man woman and child indiscriminately, even to their extermination.

Like sherman was some proto-nazi slime when it comes to anything around the native peoples. And obviously there were other horrible people in his time, before his time, after his time and all that, but they don't get the creepy kissup that he sporadically does from left spaces.

Jamie Faith posted:

But seriously tho, I only knew of Sherman as the civil war general who killed a shitload of racists and is still hated by the "Der south will rise again! :shepface:" types to this day

I get that and don't really begrudge that side of it of course, I've just been hair trigger for a long while about a lot of the native suffering that gets swept under the carpet when it's convenient, with sherman being such a huge example of both the convenience bit and then other people unfortunately not knowing that side, thanks in part to that kind of convenient skipping over side. Didn't intend to like single you out or anything is what I'm saying.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 6, 2020

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Twincityhacker posted:

UGH. The whole thread is dumb - no, we shouldn't bully people for their likes and hobbies but jesus wept that is not equvlient to racebaiting.

Yeah, I always hate that kind of talk way faster than even any dumb replies that aren't completely awful, "HURR BULLY THESE PEOPLE FOR A HOBBY" and other inane reasons, said as a joke or not is stupid and bad, because people apparently always have to be reminded that previous, now and future the biggest victims of bullying are often without a doubt going to be sexual minorities, women, PoC and other at risk people, continuing to use the language of and ideas of badgering, browbeating and melting down at people, most of which are harmlessly liking a thing just adds a lot more shittiness in an already dumpster fire of a time. Like it already long since passed the point of the kind of people that blunder into any and all really mild fan chats about for example YA book type stuff, kramering in to start farting out read another book for the millionth time or whatever, getting a lot more annoying than the a lot of the time common fans they're trying to get ~sikk ownz~ on, shut up and let people enjoy things if they're not being insane.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Edit: so he is some dickhead who thinks everything has to be "high" art. newsflash dumbass, dickens and Shakespeare weren't written to be snobby bullshit, they were made for the masses. just because the language sounds fancier doesnt mean it was only for the elite.

People who just assume that Skakespeare as a whole is some infallible high and cultured artistry are hilarious.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Listen, I just want a Kingdom Come movie complete with Shazam's huge dick looming over Superman looking square on in distress right in the center of the shot multiple times, if the movie has to be rated R then god wills it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Bakeneko posted:

Legal Eagle gives us his breakdown of the Gamestock fiasco.

When I heard about what was going on, my first thought was that this had to count as some kind of illegal market-manipulation on the part of the redditors, so I was very interested in hearing a legal expert’s take on the matter. Apparently it could be interpreted that way, but it’s not a clear-cut situation.

It's good, "illegal" or not, rich shitheels crying that they've been played in a reverse of how they've swindled others forever.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Archer666 posted:

when some of apps started loving up by blocking people buying the stock

At least one is getting like some big rear end suit brought up against them for so blatantly trying to play ball for the hedgies too.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CYBEReris posted:

aren't terms of service supposed to be really weak bindings that essentially get thrown out if they brush up against other laws? thought i heard that somewhere

Buried within the newest 500 page .1 font ToS agreement: Also at any time we can just come to your house and steal your furniture, poo poo in your sink and also shave your eyebrows completely off whenever we want

But also yes, a lot of ToS nonsense can get thrown out super easy, because it's become a thing in some places that essentially "If you hide some wormy or nefarious poo poo within your ten trillion word essay that nobody on the face of the earth is going to read, just get the hell out of here" but it's hit and miss or it's very come and go I guess.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ayn Rand was a poo poo person who wrote trash ideology wank and I'm content at her doom and disappearance from the world.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

On Batman movies, I genuinely cannot watch Dark Knight Rises, I disliked the first viewing and ever since I don't think I've watched it all the way through once and it's for the most dumb nerd thing or whatever, but I absolutely hate croaky idiot voice, stupid voice filtering half-mask, white guy who's shorter and less muscular than Batman version of Bane that it made, he should've been another character, because with that drastic and stupid of a redesign, he already is an entirely other character just wearing an established cool guy's name. Genuinely my favorite Batman and possibly DC villain and top tier character in Batman as a thing for me, so that movie via that just makes me kinda grit my teeth at how much I hate that entire makeover.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Roth posted:

Ah, Dark Souls 2

2 is the good one.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Papa Shango was a pretty racist idea for a character, but in retrospect he really struck a blow against racism when he made Ultimate Warrior vomit at Wrestlemania.

Even if the rest of it had nothing good, but it does, Bret Hart's book is nuts for the story talking about just how much of a scummy rear end in a top hat UW was.

“I got to see exactly what kind of champion Warrior was during a show in Omaha. Propped up on a stretcher a few feet outside of the dressing room was a Make-A-Wish kid who looked to be down to his last few hours. There was not a hair left on his head, and not even his Warrior face paint could mask his sad eyes. Sickly pale and barely breathing through a ventilator tube, the boy wore a purple Warrior T-shirt and green and orange tassels tied around his biceps to honor his hero. His mother and father and an older brother and sister were with him, patiently waiting for the promised encounter with The Ultimate Warrior.

I bent over to say hello, as did all the other wrestlers on the way into the dressing room. It was odd, but there was Warrior actually sitting with us: He usually kept to himself in his private dressing room. By the time the third match started, a WWF public relations rep poked his head in and politely asked Warrior if he was ready to meet the dying boy. Warrior grunted, "In a fuckin’ minute. I’m busy." I thought to myself, Busy doing what, talking to a bunch of guys you can’t stand anyway?

As the night wore on, the family waited just outside the dressing room door, the boy hanging on to his dying wish to meet his hero. As I was returning to the dressing room after my match, I was relieved to see that they weren’t there anymore; I assumed that the kid’s wish had come true.

Warrior’s entrance music played while Jim and I quickly showered in hopes of beating the crowd out of the building. We’d have to hurry since Warrior never went over ten minutes. We dressed, grabbed our bags, and took off. As we rounded a corner down a backstage ramp, we came upon the boy and his weary family, who had been moved there so as not to get in the way of Warrior’s entrance. I thought, That lousy piece of poo poo. He’d made them wait all night, unable to summon the compassion to see this real little warrior. Hogan, Randy, and countless others, including André, never hesitated to take the time to meet a sick, dying kid. My disgust for Warrior magnified a thousand times. To me, he was a coward, a weakling, and a phony hero.”

:captainpop:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah, sadly they've tried real hard to whitewash UW's image, to no avail among the people that actually knew any of his bullshit, but your average viewer who probly just saw his promos and some of the big ticket matches might buy it. Cause honestly, the only thing a lot of people remember him for is the doofy promos anyway, his ring skills were poo poo and much of what he did could've been done by literally any other beefy cokehead of the time.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mr Phillby posted:

My opinion is that the man himself was awful but the character of the milk drinking wholesome muscleman powered by positive kid energy was good and cool. I think I like wrestlers more when they're just unashamedly being childrens entertainers.

If anyone doubts his commitment to at least appearing to care about his young fans please watch this video which is a heartfelt tribute to a literal dead child sung by Hulk Hogan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9JfhANM9B0

That's pretty much how I feel on him too, 'Hulk Hogan' the big superman BROTHER BROTHER is cool and fun, Terry Hogan the guy might have some human decency which puts him ahead of UW, but he's still a weird racist, union wrecking douche.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

Terry Bollea even claimed in the Gawker lawsuit that whenever he's in some public forum he's Hulk Hogan and statements he makes there cannot be applied to the person Terry Bollea.

That's the same problem in people who try and do the separate the character and the person thing for UW, the guy legally changed his name to Warrior, he said all his rancid things being 'Warrior', there's no longer a line between him and character.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

While it's not exactly a wrestling story and some more of his life is sad, Perry Saturn was an army ranger (Or at least he passed the entire rough rear end course to be a graduate) turned full time wrestler, who in the early 2000's also stopped two guys from raping a lady, wherein he got shot twice "to which he originally thought he had received a punch, as a result of the scuffle."

Big ole beefman

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

With all the info that's come out, it sounds like ProJared was a huge creep because even if they were 18+ he was still running a private little tumblr thing for him and his fans to "safely share with each other" and whatever, his wife had some big ole issues and probably needed/needs help but apparently on and off kept telling him that going outside their marriage was a thing and he could and it was hot and then it wasn't and he's a cheat and you're with X or Y aren't you and then couldn't decide, Ross's wife was an unrepentant cheat just because and then Ross was just left being the sole innocent person of all their poo poo.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Any time Civvie's slipped any kind of politics it's pretty much always been dumping on right wing grifting/insanity, so good enough for me.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

Civvie's twitter makes it pretty clear he's either on the left or hates Trump and the GOP enough that he's at least a liberal (and so are both the head of boomer shooter publisher New Blood and the developer of best FPS of the past decade DUSK). They were making GBS threads on Trump in the lead up and aftermath of the election and would retweet anti-right political memes. I think the DUSK dev even apologized to his followers for tweeting so much about it.

The DUSK guy owns and is like very much a left person, chuds always cry about him when DUSK or anything else with him gets talked about nowadays and it makes it all the sweeter that he's so good at game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Kruggsmash, the amazing Dwarf Fortress youtuber fella, did a short fort testing out the new stress system from a recent update with the fortress of Murderhall. Good name. Terrible fortress with the worst luck. He decided to just let things go to hell and see how the stress worked out, and hey, it's less nightmarish than it used to be, which will be good for future fortresses of his. Not having to constantly babysit everything so tantrum spirals don't tear apart the fortress will certainly help cut down on his workload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DHHw_I0u0s&hd=1

he also had a surprise at the end of the Murderhall finale: some realtalk along with a facecam! who knew the dwarf fortress LP guy was also a (fantasy) dwarf himself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DvNWjMrQpY&hd=1&t=813s

I like the Murderhall method, I think somewhere between that and the previous stuff, where he does artwork of the forgotten beasts, artifacts, maybe some important moments would be great. Not driving himself into the ground drawing everything all the time.

Kruggsmash is so cool.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

That sounds like an extremely DF mechanic, so I'm glad for it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFP-wGwG7MI
Kurtis talks about Twitch streamer "DrWitnesser" who got banned for hate speech after he would go into random Fortnite games and tell kids that they were going to hell unless they become Christians.

Man I hate these people a whole lot because I used to actively watch them at work, when I was a lot younger and in like mid to late teens and more of an rear end in ways (But I still feel proud of myself some for this "trolly poo poo"), more than once I 'infiltrated' a couple christian gaming forums and would try to even slightly deprogam other queers I'd suss out or otherwise spot with more ease, I remember talking a handful into like talking to me about gay stuff and calmly supporting and validating their thoughts a lot and it made me genuinely happy to see at least a few of them seemingly come off the sad states of dogwhistle and otherwise homophobic browbeating they got from others or the people running them at times, I always hope they broke off and told those people to gently caress off and just found some more progressive or otherwise better overall places, even if it would still be a religious circle. One I stayed friends with ever since sure did, cause he's a massive flaming queen nowadays in the best way of saying that.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I mean griping about Pokemon sometimes has valid things to gripe about, Paper Mario though I just can't get.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I don’t know how much more I can stand to hear about Dan Schneider.

Dan [Multitude of terrible and gross rhyming last name jokes] Schneider

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jamie Faith posted:

It really sucks that the creepy foot guy made like half my favorite shows as a kid :negative: At least there's no feet weirdness in Drake & Josh and Zoey 101 (that I can recall at least)

It's gross but I guess maybe Drake & Josh got the """""benefit""""" of him seemingly being a girl's feet weirdo from what I can remember, but then I haven't brushed up on my creepy foot man knowledge in a while.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The early gen I Win button was having a Blastoise with Mega Punch, I don't think anything ever survived a single one after not very long.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Nintendo has never made a hard game.

Punch-Out!!
Super Punch-Out!!
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

All three developed by Nintendo IRD.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Linkara's skits are just kind of cute and he puts them at the end of the video for people who want em.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Though I don’t know who actually melts down about Star Wars anymore. Outside the short time when right wingers pretend they always liked the Star Wars actually.

I mean there's been all that poo poo about two-faced chuds with The Mandalorian lately. Star Wars is sadly still a net-nazi free outrage machine.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Wheel of the Worst is the instant click for me. I'll never get over Night Of The Lepus and them losing their poo poo over the rabbit screams and the whole thing in general.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nuebot posted:

And that it's not as good as movies like Gremlins.

This is true of most movies though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Arcsquad12 posted:

Small Soldiers is Gremlins 3.

I watched that movie so many times as a kid, even played the I think PS1 game lol, still love it on a semi-recent rewatch too.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The Eraserhead Re:view is also a very good one, just because that movie in general is such a thing no doubt.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I would say eat the rich, but it's a long since given that their meat is probably rotten and poisonous.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Alice is pure garbage.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Next to harassing the icelandic lady which was a bunch of shameful bullshit, never forget this one either.

I genuinely wish nothing but bad things for them.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sucker Punch's covers sucked and for a movie full of wannabe music videos, I wasn't a fan.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Duck Game is the best thing to have come from the OUYA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jimbot posted:

I don't think it's exactly fair to bring the marketing of a film into what the film actually is. Marketing tends to be out of the filmmakers' control and it often lies about what the film is about all the freaking time. One infamous example that I can think of off the top of my head was for The Road. The trailers for that film position it as an action film set in a post-apocalypse when that film is anything but.

Inglorious Bastards was another one, where the ads for it were pretty much entirely made up of like the two action scenes in the movie.