Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
mmm smell that new thread smell.

You guys like...STAR WARS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea even without that poo poo mr enter is a complete shallow wad who can't actually review storytelling or anything. Like, watch two videos and it becomes clear he thinks characters doing bad things mean they're the bad guy even if A) it's a loving joke show or B) it's a not joke show and the bad thing is setup for them to learn a lesson and all, and he seems to genuinely get confused by people interacting in ways deeper than 'hello batman I am the villain' 'hello villain I am the batman I'm going to punch your dick now' 'oh no not my dick, that's the place I least want to get punched'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dawgstar posted:

The reading of Cain's idea of what constitutes "fair use" is :discourse:.

haven't watched yet but let me guess, fair use is only fair if it's not critical?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yvonmukluk posted:

"I'm Lindsay loving Ellis, drat Baby"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I also liked that someone on the animation team found that thread and thanked her for both appreciating the details they got right and explaining what they didn't, very nice to see artists who can handle cultural critique without getting defensive or dismissive.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean the real root of it is most gays and women in the media/cultural class were upper class and childless so yes they could sleep in and get brunch at 11 at some trendy place and naturally when those types go somewhere it becomes a cool place to be and poo poo, so like always Cinema Roberto has looked at a thing and instantly disregarded class identity for cultural identity because he's a complete boob.

Also if we're posting people like loving Contra still Moviebob, who is an internet content creator, is still fair game.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SkeletonHero posted:

Can bisexuals have brunch? Asking for a friend.

you can either have an egg dish or some seasonal fruit but not both

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Who's ready for a tumblr history lesson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZBP_0UTh5Q

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Chad Jihad posted:

It's strange to see a sherlock + conspiracy video that's not about the Secret Good Season

yea I hope she does a follow up about that too because that was nuts, but yea I guess in an already 1 hour+ video about 'here's how a crazy 30 year old straight woman got fuckin buck WILD about a fandom' there was no time to cover the other wild rear end conspiracies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean, the biggest issue people seem to have is the idea that merely the act of 'yearning' in any form is the sin. Like, am I Part of the Problem because I think it'd be genuinely funny and probably a good way to make a lot of the suburban nazis back off if someone [redacted] some proud boy bus before they could get out and try to murder people themselves? Like, it's the mere act of thinking 'it'd own if for once in these miserable people's lives they felt half the mortal fear for their lives and safety most any given random minority does around them' is exactly the same morally as Chadsworth Gunterson taking dad's gun out to go 'hunt antifa' or whatever?

It's the kind of take you can only have if you've never looked at someone and thought 'are they gonna try to attack me or are they just gonna call me (insert slur here) if they want to get rowdy' and having a bunch of other white media people all "YEP FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT" just made it more funny.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nuns with Guns posted:

Well, that's pulling the scope away from the overly-broad and nonspecific "yearning for a violent revolution" to "yearning for someone to attack a bus full of neo-nazis." Which is both a narrower and clearer objective there, and sounds like a separate conversation to have. Like yeah, you'll get some people who gasp at the audacity of left-wing violence in either case, but debating on the ethics of morning for a bus full of human sludge has way clearer "sides" to it (and lol gently caress them.)

I mean to be honest I was using the more extreme version of 'revolution' where it's literal 'partisan forces clashing in the street' and not the more usual 'occupation of state institutions or whatever, with the willingness to do so armed and ready to fight back against agents of the state who attempt to do them harm' that would be 'violent revolution', if Dan's cool with airholeing a neo-nazi bus but thinks Bundy Ranch: But Leftist would be a bridge too far to even dream of that's a way wilder stance.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
this is just like Madoka, because it makes me want to explode in a torrent of dark energy that consumes the world around me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
to be fair 'ugh don't tell me about POLICY stuff he did I'm trying to enjoy this meaningless gesture that makes me feel good' is gonna be the discourse for the next four years so might as well brace for it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nuns with Guns posted:

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss tumblr.

tumblr was so much better than twitter just because at least the freaks there had the decency to have a giant bio that's like "YES I SHIP THESE RELATED CHARACTERS AND IF YOU DISLIKE THAT YOU'RE A LITERAL NAZI AND I'M GOING TO SEND A BOMB THREAT TO YOUR HOUSE" and be named "THE PROBLEMATIC JOKER RP BLOG" and it's like 'oh, yea, you're either 14 and stupid or 35 and mentally unhinged either way I can just not talk to you'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Augus posted:

imo it is actually fine if people want to just have a few days to celebrate before going back to drowning themselves in despair and they aren’t destroying the country by doing so

I dunno, I'm happy to laugh at crying chuds and all but I genuinely do think it's bad to be all 'I'm so glad to have empathy back in the white house' because that's literally how we all stopped paying attention to poo poo like Obama building concentration camps and droning the poo poo out of the Islamic world and it's really a major fear for, ya know, people without PBS shows, that that's gonna happen with most of our allies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

but note that some people are having a hard time just kicking back and enjoying it because all of the shittest Dems also didn't wait a day to start attacking AOC and the left and blame them for Biden not winning all 50 states.

It would have been nice to just have a straight day off to enjoy it though, I agree.

also this, it's a pretty loving hard trick to kick back when the fascists Joe Biden made alliances with like loving Kasich and Powell instantly went all 'hey I know the only major losses were from lovely centrists who avoided M4A and poo poo, and in fact the progressive caucus grew during this pathetic excuse for a 'victory' you sold your soul for, but Joe's gonna put those stupid progressive commies in their place!'

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

josh04 posted:

Some further qualification may be required here

nah she has some dumb takes but she is legit a leftist voice in a fairly reactionary field

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

josh04 posted:

Yeah, I trimmed Jackson's name out of the quote so it'd be clear that I was dunking on games journalism rather than her.

don't you loving explain jokes that went over my head to me and shame me here, in the shame thread :argh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Augus posted:

because it’s funny

it's so loving funny that they faked a girlfriend, then faked being catfished, just because they wanted to make some bargain basement "CHINESE PEOPLE???? WHAAAA?" jokes you can find at any lovely open mic.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nuebot posted:

Looking forward to "In Defense of Fallout Equestria" I guess.

tbh there's probably an interesting topic in the transformative nature of fandoms where people take two things they like with no real connection and try to make them work together. You can contrast it with Funko style consumerist bullshit of "HEY LOOK IT'S A T-SHIRT WITH RICK COMING OUT OF THE TARDIS GIVE US THIRTY DOLLARS" and actual fan projects and art it makes and all, the difference between the lazy grimdark 'what if ponies said gently caress and shot each other with mouth guns' and actual attempts to blend the tones and all...could be a neat springboard.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
you know I get when breadtube doesn't want to say when a friend of theirs says something lovely or whatever but it's genuinely bonkers apparently the guy who makes weird shaped pizza and screams about how the chinese invented covid to kill america or whatever qualifies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

:ocelot:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
That twitter is really insufferable but anyone who does a loving interview about 'being cancelled' deserves to be shot into the sun because holy gently caress shut the gently caress up you crying baby you're not 'cancelled' if you're getting a loving interview about how you're a victim!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Breakfast Burrito posted:

I just don't think she has said any of those things though, like at all? Or at the very least that is an incredibly uncharitable way of viewing what she said? Maybe I just haven't seen the things you're talking about

she literally has made fun of nb people who don't pass enough talking about how it's just so crazy to be expected to respect someone's identity just because they don't instantly read to her as it, so yes the lady with the money for poo poo like facial surgery and all long before she got internet famous being all 'the money isn't everything you know' after making GBS threads on people without her resources is actually extremely hilarious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea 'boob armor' means literally armor meant to accent and impractically show off tits often making it way worse than normal armor, not armor that...fits over tits without mashing them down...It's perfectly fine armor that looks like it's meant to fit a body type securely and comfortably like, you know, a warrior culture would have.

It's a stupid take but as usual with Anita anyone who's reaction to her bad take is deeper than 'well, that's silly to say' is probably a way bigger freak.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 16, 2020

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I'm fine with things as long as it's the Monster Hunter/Final Fantasy style, let EVERYONE look like Paladins that part time at the local strip club and don't like to change between jobs, drat it. Men want to look like sluts too :argh:

But yea for real of all the problems Mandalorian has behind the scenes (one character's an insane anti-mask/corona truther who just tried to get people to follow her to one of the straight up nazi alternatives to twitter, and the character they teased showing up soon is likely going to be played by Rosario Dawson who's literally a violent transphobe), trying to drag whoever made the armor for mandos having slight room for breasts is waaay bottom of the list.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

If we’re going to discuss sexiness parity wrt space armor, we should be asking if the mandalorian has a codpiece.

he does not, because Disney are COWARDS

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sydin posted:

My only real criticism of Anita is that she sometimes comes off as overly sex negative in her critiques. Not about to make a 45 minute video with a thumbnail of me comically gasping about it though.

Which character is that?

don't wanna spoil but

Ahsoka from Clone Wars

I don't think it ever got literally confirmed because it's loving Disney and they treat this stuff like it's state secrets but I think it was one of those accidental confirmations that came during the start of season 2's production.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hey wait but I have strong Star Wars opinions...

oh no :smithicide:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Max Wilco posted:

The first reply listed from one of those tweets:
https://twitter.com/mercadomalorte/status/1327845612432355328

And from what you said earlier:

trap, and I cannot be clear enough here, sprung

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

no then she'd be stealing Gail Simone's bit and she probably wouldn't be as good at it as her

to be fair Simone is basically top level 'my favorite Star Trek captain was Worf' slightly wrong nerd rage triggers.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CYBEReris posted:

it made fun of the clintons pretty often iirc

yea it's not like it was ever some deep 'leftist' critique like 'Clinton's welfare reform policy hurts the poor and working class while shifting the money to wealthy technocrats...waka waka!!!!!' but 'lol clinton like burger' or 'al gore boring' was, like, a common joke.

It never really 'got political' but it sounds like this version doesn't either. It just references people in popular culture? Like 'lol trump look like big dumb ogre' isn't political satire it's just...a joke about what a big turd trump looks like.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 21, 2020

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, that would be an old school Animaniacs joke. Wakko is so loving dumb even he doesn't know what gender he is so he just has none.

:yikes:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ghosts are cool

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I meant as in having any real 'commentary', but rather just referencing political issues/figures as a thing that exists. Like, saying 'we've lost our way' is a line from a republican flier isn't actually saying anything, it's just pointing out that that's a thing republicans say a lot. Which is fine, that's a good joke, there's no real need for them to go deeper than a base level 'ha, these guys exist, get it?' joke.

It's the same in the new version. Like, they have the Warners go on a faux Tucker Carlson show but it's just a framing device for them to make fun of the general talking head trend of reframing any question into their own talking points and end with classic cartoon slapstick. Tucker isn't really the joke there, and christ knows they're not making any actual commentary on him as a fascist white supremacist, but he's just a well known person to use and he's a dweeby little bowtie wearing bitch so he's fun to put next to the Warners. The only people offended by that and claiming it's 'political' are the right wing idiots angry they even dared to make a joke involving their favorite nighttime white supremacist.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

R rated home alone that's the 2 hours of story and then the kid dies setting up one if his own traps.

that would literally be one of the funniest movies made if it was just played 100% straight thriller about a kid hiding from robbers after a fight with his family and all and then the final scene is just him getting his head taken off by his own paint bucket trap.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Sarah Z continues to make videos for a target audience of me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0QhgQ-g4C0

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Terrible Opinions posted:

Pretty bold of him to advertise that he wants to genocide the French on twitter.

really, whomst among us

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
the germans will make up by increasing the output of der funkybeats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nuebot posted:

The car going to heaven is killing me.

of all the memes this clusterfuck has made my literal absolute favorite are the '...the car went to heaven?' ones. Not even 'oh so the car goes to heaven but not the gay guy' but just the genuine confusion at 'why is the car in heaven'