Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Plagiarism is like my favorite kind of scandal because of how needlessly self immolating it is, so needless to say this has been an entertaining weekend.

Jackfilms also posted a "good YouTuber" iceberg this weekend which fills the gaps for anyone caught out by Internet Historian or James. I've already subbed to a few

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dcuAAMUicw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

If that's the case then I can totally see this guy disappearing into the ether, especially after deleting his discord and patreon and all other socials. That's passive income money if he saved it right

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Every reaction YouTuber is just a temporarily embarrassed sssniperwolf

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

The only good wendigoon video was on the 97 west Hollywood shootout because every mainstream retelling of that event ignored all the actually weird poo poo about that story but yeah his videos are a loving slog and it wouldn't surprise me if he was a bit chuddy

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

https://lamag.com/crimeinla/olympian-trevor-jacob-plane-crash-new-charges

Did he?

quote:

In the latest YouTube video, which he says was filmed a day before he faced a federal judge in a DTLA court Monday, Jacob climbs into a small plane with an unknown woman and says into the camera that he wanted to, "wind down before the sentencing." At one point a dog appears on the woman's lap as they flew, and she blurts, "I feel so safe flying with you," despite being in a plane piloted by a man the FAA says does not have a license.

On Wednesday, Steven Klum, a spokesperson for the Federal Aviation Agency - told Los Angeles Jacob's pilot's license is still revoked. The U.S. Attorney's Office for Central California had no comment when asked if Jacob could now face new charges in connection with the new social media post.

Jacob's attorney, Keri Curtis Axel, told Los Angeles her client has a Temporary Aviation Certificate, and has "completed all requirements to reinstate his license." Klum, the FAA spokesman, said in an email: "Our records indicate his license is still revoked."

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Speaking of Sierra games, one short eye does really loving good documentary videos on Sierra engine speed runs and other weird stuff. He's rapidly becoming my favorite game documentarian, and I often rewatch his stuff before I go back to someone like summoning salt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYjX8_DIVm4

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

In an ideal world this could lead to an overhaul of how YouTubers create original content and weed out a ton of bad actors in the community

However: lol, lmao

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Dongicus posted:

part two of GeekSpoogeShow's latest project just dropped. pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjZa7xbzLsk

Is this guy's whole gimmick dick and cum jokes because a few minutes in that's the kind of vibe I'm getting

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Ccs posted:

I came across a creator named Majuular the other day who covers (semi)obscure video games in great depth. Some of the best are his reviews of extremely weird point and click games that used extensive real footage composited with early 3d graphics, like Harvester or Dark Seed. But he also covers some jrpg classics like Golden Sun and Skies of Arcadia, as well as a very strange series called Shadow Hearts and its prequel, Koudelka (which is set at a welsh monastery and has quite good mocap acting, and possible the worst horse animation I've ever seen.)

https://www.youtube.com/@Majuular/videos

His presentation style is organized and conversational, always showing graphics of the games and never (or hardly ever) cutting away to himself to deliver long chunks of analysis. Some videos are too long for me, like a 3+ hour discussion of Kings Field or Yakuza, but all the others I got through easily!

This guy is right up my alley so I just wanted to thank you for the rec! I'm watching the DarkSeed ones and getting flashbacks

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

What history channels are worth watching? My current history creator list is:
* Historia Civilis
* Invicta
* OSP
* Alt History Hub(Not really history, and he acts a little chuddy on Twitter.)
* SideQuest
* Oversimplified(Obviously going for a more humourous over historicity)
* History Matters
* Sam O''nella(He did a video where he "ironically" used the n-word, soft-r and stopped making videos for a while. He semi-recently returned)
* The Intel Report
* Maritime Horrors
* The Operations Room

If you like Maritime Horror I have to recommend Brick Immortar. Sam is a maritime safety expert who puts so much incredible effort into his videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGl9J8MFpFw

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGIZmyLlb7I
I know I just Brick Immortar posted yesterday but he posted a new video about my favorite idiot ship type

Also to prevent just double posting the same channel, this guy is a former circus performer whose quest is to eat every fruit on earth and it's pretty fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttOlscxb26U

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

NorgLyle posted:

On her Patreon one month, Jenny did a full series recap for Supernatural in the vein of her Vampire Diaries video... with the one tiny little difference being that she has never watched even a single episode of Supernatural. Large portions of the video involved her Google image searching "Supernatural Season Four" and then trying to string together a plot based on the images that popped up.

I have watched some Supernatural and I wish that her recap had been the real show.

This reminds me of dougdoug trying to summarize 24 and One Tree Hill via the "previously on" intros. I loved the hell out of those so I might have to sub to the patreon to see that

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

There are also a ton of other events like golf tournaments and donations from Jamie Lee Curtis's foundation that aren't accounted for in that 600k too if I understand everything correctly

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

lmao some state employee doesn't know how to not export a raster as RGB in arcgis

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

seconding Chad Chad as both Funny and Good

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

very hard pressed to watch a 35 minute video from this man

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

The Saddest Rhino posted:

https://twitter.com/ZoeYorkWrites/status/1737880244277702660?t=0s42f5DC0v80oxADWBPXVw&s=19

I cant believe mark Dawson survived two instances of hr giger aliens trying to implant extraterrestrial seeds into his brain to become a serial AI plaigarist author

Doctor Larson, did you kill my writing career?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

if mark's response starts with "don't worry, this'll explain everything" I'm closing the video as fast as i humanly can

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

"the Soviets weren't perceived as strong or sexy as the Nazis because they all wore big coats" is maybe my favorite history take of all time

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Someone (as a joke but still) ages ago did a video where they made code that samples from the audio track and randomly puts stock footage matching whatever they're talking about into their video so it was totally automated. Surprised if that doesn't become more unironically popular

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

As someone who has watched every Quinton Nickelodeon video so far I'm okay with them because they're phenomenal background noise

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

He's alluded to Dan but not really dealt with him in full scope

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

*taking notes* must always be learning... Cannot consume any brain rot content.... Got it

ETA so I'm not just a dick: I was the target age demo for Sam and cat and iCarly and watched both so maybe I'm just a loving zoomer who needs to turn his brain off for a few hours idk

Spaced God fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Dec 26, 2023

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

He'll put out a ten hour video about him

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Dime Store Adventures does stories about interesting gravestones he finds in new england. He just stitched together a few videos talking about some of my favorite cases of folklore about people willing their entire estate into a gravestone to spite their relatives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucGJzqEAXM0

His enthusiasm and the level of research he goes into is incredible and the story is so silly i love it

e: oh wow that's a very Tuber thumbnail but it's still a neat video

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYawahBTJaI

I continue to sing the praises of OneShortEye, who just uploaded a 2 hour documentary about a Robin Hood Sierra game with like two dozen voice actors because the original game didn't have any VO. It also goes over the ways you can be just a loving rear end in a top hat as robin hood

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Irving Finkel's official title is something like Assistant Keeper of Mesopotamian Antiquities at the British Museum and he looks exactly like what you'd want your Assistant Keeper of Mesopotamian Antiquities to look like.

What does the main guy look like? Just a stone tablet?

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

snip i was misinterpreting the question

Spaced God fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 3, 2024

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Acute Grill posted:

Alas, poor Tom, thought of xnopyt and died.

https://youtu.be/aMgCBYgVwsI?si=l2NHnM0o_3SSX4tD

I thought he hit a vape and died

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Jirard the Completionist uploaded a new video on getting 100% on the Super Mario RPG remake.

The comments are... unkind.

Alzheimer's is all about forgetting though idk why they're mad

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Yeah he used to roll with protonjon, the SA lper who famously fell for someone pretending to have terminal cancer with a final wish of a big YouTuber playing his Mario romhack

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Kay Kessler posted:

This guy's been playing Nintendo games so long he even roleplays as a character from a mario rpg.

God drat lmfao

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m190OwtALq8
Spectacles has another great assassination video

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Yeah the core basis of pedo hunting in most cases makes it impossible to actually get the people in trouble because weirdly enough you can't just do vigilante poo poo without cops so it can only draws people who are chill with "letting pedos get away with it by proxy"

E: oh jesus^

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

The only thing to come out of pedo hunters that doesn't make me viscerally angry is the 911 call of Onision trying to explain that Chris Hansen was outside his house harassing him but NOT for being a predator

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

People love that poo poo. I find it dull. It was funny back when Chris Hanson was doing it back then,l.

chris hansen also did it on youtube for a bit and handled it so poorly he got laughed out of the space by drama youtubers

iirc one of the victims gave a laptop with csam on it to his producer to give to the FBI but the dude just didn't and then later got got for unrelated CSAM charges

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

trilobite terror posted:

didn’t he like stake his entire online comeback on onision?

yes he released a whole documentary on loving onision on the discovery channel's streaming platform that was just factually incorrect in a lot of regards

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

the fact that I have not been smote down for being able to recall all of this poo poo is proof that god does not exist

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

Onision is still making youtube content, i'm pretty sure.

He and his partner got hit with two big lawsuits for grooming, finally, and those seem to be taking their course so i imagine his lawyers are telling him not to upload too much or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

edit i misread