Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I would like to recommend Film Crit Hulk. He does good videos about movies.

Also Adam Ragusea. He does a lot of videos about food and food-related topics.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I heard RP2 had a weird focus on SAO of all things. Is that true?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I heard some unsavory things about Malignant.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

All I heard from a friend was that there was a TERFy subtext that was probably unintentional, but is enough to dissuade me from watching it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Kamrat posted:

As a B-movie enthusiast I love the Tremors franchise and I hope it keeps going as long as Mike Gross is able to reprise his role as Burt.

How many of the movies did you see?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Speaking of Spider-Man, Totally Not Mark has returned after his month long hiatus to release his video on the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HaZbOGYrgo

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

And note that this wasn't Fox, notorious for this kind of poo poo, but the Sci-Fi channel. Yes Sci-Fi, before the whole rebranding to Syfy.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I feel bad for him.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SuedeBlade/status/1485694312868642818

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The 7th Guest posted:

youtube is probably the last place that would be able to take advantage of NFTs, given that half of NFT scams involve some sort of copyright infringement (still lolling at $inuyasha) and Youtube is heavy on copyright-scraping algorithms

What happened with Inuyasha?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Sydin posted:

loving hell Toei is psychopathic, I thought they were just clicking their automated content claim button and letting it sit at that but no there were human beings manually claiming his videos and arguing back and forth to Youtube about why his vidoes should stay down. Just loving ghoul poo poo. :psyduck: Glad he got his videos back for now outside of Japan and hopefully Toei either doesn't keep fighting or their attempts to provide justification for takedown aren't accepted by Youtube now that they actually have eyes on the situation.

Also I agree with Mark that the ultimate irony in all this is that what initially set Toei off into aggressive takedowns was their hatred of DBZA, even though DBZA - for all its faults and when it itself arguably does not fall under fair use - is the primary reason Dragon Ball remained culturally relevant in the English-speaking west. Without it there's like a decade long period between the release of the Kai dub and Battle of the Gods where there was simply nothing officially coming out of the property over here.

Why do I get the feeling that Toei pays some guy like 150 Yen for each video he takes down?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/SuedeBlade/status/1486922532267511816?s=20

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

So how does this tie in to the DBZ YouTuber talking about the new rule they can only claim things in Japanese?

Unfortunately ShoPro is situated outside Japan while Toei is inside Japan, so not the same situation.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Another update
https://twitter.com/SuedeBlade/status/1487086231544496129?s=20&t=JbKnvGCPqu1DU9xyd8ubpA

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

So the issue here is this guy was doing youtube videos recapping the Pokemon Sword/Shield season of the anime, and the company who makes it (ShoPro) is directly legally bullying and fining him?

https://twitter.com/SuedeBlade/status/1486930528196456449

That is pretty hosed up, and I guess points to how lucky Totally Not Mark was that Toei was not only going directly through Youtube's internal claims systems, but then broke the rules of the claims system when they didn't get what they wanted. I wonder if stuff like this is what Toei will resort to going forward?

Suede isn't doing videos on Sword/Shield, he's all the way back in Johto, the Gold/Silver era.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

DeafNote posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiMB9kh68VE

Welcome to the Chip and Ironicus' LP that's been in his hard drive for 5 years. (The gameplay, not the commentary)

What took them so long?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Power tiers are fine, you want people with relatively similar strength fighting each other, it's attaching a numerical value to power that's dumb.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I remember the tech being pretty cool, especially the gravity gun.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

It's kind of amazing that Dan has effectively killed NFTs and the Metaverse now over the course of two two-hour videos.

I can't wait for him to pull a hat trick and kill ChatGPT.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I vaguely recall a Disney Channel movie that sort of tackles this problem. I think it was called Picture Perfect? I know it was "something" Perfect.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

What makes ChatGPT different from a search engine?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Didn't they say that YouTube videos wouldn't be affected?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

A little late to the pirated anime talk, but does watching fan subbed episodes on YouTube back in 2006 count?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

In regards to worldbuilding, I think there was criticism about Final Fantasy XIII where they threw terms like "fal'Cie" or "l'Cie" at us constantly when the game started and we had no idea what any of them meant, and all the backstory that explains this was hidden away in some lore index you had to search for in your menu.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aU-QkJfgGw

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I have a soft spot for the Aladdin sequels and TV series. Now that's something I don't think anyone sane has done, watching all the Disney movie tie-in series.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Draga posted:

Whilst I did watch the Aladdin and Herc shows as a kid, I was too young to remember much about them now. I'm more familiar with the Lilo & Stich show and Emperor's New School/

Also the Tarzan show.

Oh right, Hercules had a show, and I recall that show and Aladdin had a crossover. I wonder how that idea came about.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Going back to the streaming platform discussion, I can recall another site that people used to stream games on. I think it was supergreatfriend who streamed games like Virtue's Last Reward and spoopy games for Halloween.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Oh no wait sorry, I was thinking about the sequel, Zero Time Dilemma. My bad. It's been years since I thought of it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Definitely was not hitbox. I finally found an old link on my old laptop: Beam.pro

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Isn't it just the Disney Vault?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I thought one or both said they liked how terrible the idea of Bruce and Barbara getting together is, or something weird like that, I forget what they said in an interview.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I remember wondering a while back what Disney was going to do when they ran out of old animations to remake in live-action. Then they announced the live-action Moana remake and I guess that answered that question. They ain’t gonna run out of this poo poo anytime soon if they start remaking stuff they just released a few years ago!

Just watch them remake Toy Story but with real people and animals. And the toys... would it be cheaper to have CG toys or live action toys?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Kunster posted:

Remember last year when a guy went around to every single Rainforest Cafe in the US? He went to every single MargarittaVille this year!

Next year he could visit every Roy Rogers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

Seriously though, the Cartoon Heroes video has some astonishing set and prop design for a throwaway pop tune that absolutely could have skated by with a cheap rear end video like Barbie Girl and Doctor Jones. I don't understand for the life of me why the record company spent that much money on it.

Probably to try and capture that Barbie lightning in a bottle again.