Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Fall of Civilizations is among the vanishingly small number of good history creators on Youtube. He did 10 episodes in audio form and is currently doing video versions of them now. The video stuff is mostly stock footage, but is well put-together and adds worthwhile context.

Today he just dropped the Aztecs episode (which had to be split in 2 parts because it's over 4 hours of content.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8JVdpWCKeM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDdKZrvg1pE

The Songhai Empire episode is also really great for some African history that everyone should know but very few people do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfUT6LhBBYs
(And while he doesn't go too deep into it, this episode did get my wheels turning on ideas like what would have happened if Abu Bakr II's trans-Atlantic expedition had been a success and there had been a Mali Empire version of the Columbian exchange that began 100 years early.)

My personal favorite in the series so far is the Summerians episode, because it really emphasizes just how insanely long ago all of this was happening. Like, it really was the transition out of the stone age.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2lJUOv0hLA

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

RareAcumen posted:

Oh man, with this guy interacting with all the dumb bullshit in the rooms of this game and talking to people more I feel like we got shafted on that Retsupurae.

I still really enjoyed the Retsupurae of Mystery of the Druids, probably one of their last great riffs on that channel.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

muscles like this! posted:

There are definitely youtubers with agents but they're in the 10+ million subscriber count where they're doing stuff like getting book deals or showing up as a guest on a TV show.

Nah, there are plenty of agents/managers working with smaller channels. Human Media Group for example. Often YouTubers like to pretend that there aren’t companies behind them, as it adds to the aura of authenticity that’s so important on the platform, but if you see an in-video advertisement (like for Curiosity Stream, Raycon, or whatever the flavor of the month is now), there’s a 70% chance that the channel has some level of management that is helping to run/organize things.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://twitter.com/ExtraCreditz/status/1323331542308016128?s=20

I haven't watched EC for years because it kinda sucks but lol this caught my eye and I had to laugh.

Oh god damnit, for some reason I forgot that Youtube EC existed (blocked them years ago when it turned out one of the founders was an abuser). So for one glorious moment I thought this was a surprise bonus episode of the Extra Credit podcast.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sephyr posted:

It was a bit dismal that in the end it all amounted to a bit of spectace to boost IBM's stock price.

Then again, that was what big-time chess was for a lot of the 20th century: bragging right to see which superpower could produce the most proficient, monomaniacal Rook-stealer. We cannot allow a chess gap, Mr. President! And then promptly forgotten about once the Cold war was over. IBM just used one of its resident nerds and his passion for a remix to suck out the last bit of juice in that box.

Also, yeah, Bobby Fischer. Now that was an anti-semitic can of worms. I'm surprised there hasn't been more stuff about him.

Yeah, chess is this weird thing. It gained all this huge cultural prominence because it was a complicated game where you can have really advanced tactics, and somehow this turned into an idea that chess was just a great way to demonstrate overall tactical thinking ability. So this entire infrastructure started to build around it with global ranking systems, and being a chess grandmaster was seen as shorthand for being a genius. Child chess prodigies (like Bobby Fisher) were put in the same category as Einstein. But in the end chess is just a game in the same way League of Legends is just a game, and being really good at it is cool but doesn't really carry over into any other aspect of your life. (Except potentially permanently loving you up if you start believing your own press.)

It's interesting to compare IBM's Deep Blue publicity stunt with the Watson publicity stunt. There were a lot of similar kinds of slight-of-hand, "we're not saying that this is closer to general Artificial Intelligence than it really is, but we'll gladly let the media speculate about it" moments.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

stillvisions posted:

At the time, if Feng-Hsiung Hsu was particularly bummed out about the whole thing, it didn't show; he came to our school for a lecture series about it and overall seemed upbeat, though maybe that was the victory lap talking. The only remark from then that stuck out which differs from the history account a bit was he was rather dismissive of the current state of Deep Blue, and said something to the tune of "I don't know, I think they're using it to model traffic patterns now".

A friend of mine was a product manager for Watson at IBM, shortly after the Jeopardy thing and as they were turning it into an actual product. He finally quit in disillusionment, and he told me "This technology was supposed to change the world, help doctors diagnose better cancer and stuff. Instead, it's just doing customer support chat".

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

JordanKai posted:

Isn't Crowder part of Glenn Beck's BlazeTV? He's literally a corporate Youtuber. Not an independent bone in that man's body.

Also, if Section 230 were to be reformed Youtube would get torpedoed by the courts for hate speech and intimidation immediately. It's the only thing that keeps channels like these afloat.

I was working support for Apple way back in the day when Crowder was still a small-time diy guy, and had a call with him where he was melting down about trying to find "the panel" to update the settings for his podcast listing on the iTunes Store. He thought there was some secret login that would allow him to access a control panel where he could update things on his listing, but (as was explained in the podcast host FAQ) everything was just scraped from the podcast feed and if he wanted to make any changes he just needed to update them in the feed.

He was such a dick on the call that his name was burned into my brain, and it was a real surprise years later when he started to get all this mainstream attention.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

muscles like this! posted:

Also LPL is some kind of ancient lockpicking god going from how fast he is able to burn through anything put in front of him.

True. Also, lock picking is such a tremendously physical, tactile skill that watching YouTube videos on it isn’t really going to get you far in being able to do it. It’s kind of like trying to learn bottom-dealing or other cars tricks by video. You can impart the information on what needs to be done (and what tools can help you), but to actually get yourself to the place where you can do it (especially at LPL’s level) you need to just spend all of your free time for years just practicing.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Applied Science updates very sporadically, basically whenever the guy finds something cool to talk about in his lab. This time: creating Rugate optical filters!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwj78pR46zM

The whole channel has the feeling of wandering into the wrong room in your university's physics building and running into a post-doc who is really eager to start up a conversation on what they've been up to.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Hey Qween! is basically The Tonight Show in some alternate LGBT universe. It was started by Jonny McGovern, a comic, podcaster, and former party producer at a bunch of NYC gay bars in the '00s (he went viral in the early internet with the music video for his song "Soccer Practice"). It's a bit odd to think of this as an internet show, as it had a very traditional television-style format. It has even occasionally been picked up as a series by a few streaming services.

The show was co-hosted (in the Ed McMahon sense of co-hosting) by Lady Red Couture, a well-known drag queen in the LA scene who was very well-known within those circles but didn't break out until being on the show (and seemed to always be on the cusp of breaking out further). Sadly, Lady Red died this year due to a chronic illness. The show spent a long time paused as a result, and is just now starting to come back with a tribute to/celebration of Lady Red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25Ps6DPapG4

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Katt posted:

Speaking of Bobs making videos about movies.

Can someone summarize eugenics Bobs career for the past decade? I used to like his stuff at the Escapist but things seemed to have gone down hill from there and now apparently he's a part owner of the Escapists desiccated husk?

I don't believe he's a part owner of The Escapist. He did have a better contract with them when they re-booted so that he got to own all the IP that he created with them ("The Big Picture" name, format, and back catalogue of episodes being the main things he didn't own previously when he made it for The Escapist). They didn't renew his contract so now he's getting to take that IP and do more episodes of that show on his personal youtube channel, whereas previously he was doing knock-off versions of that show occasionally along with trying out different things.

There's a surprisingly not-terrible Reddit post that goes into a lot of detail on what is known, focusing on Bob's lovely online behavior (though I believe it was posted before Lindsay Ellis had to call him out for trying to imply they were friends.)

It seems he got a big boost on his Patreon after The Escapist let him go, and while those numbers have been declining it is a very slow decline.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I’ve definitely encountered whole praeger u videos as ads before.

Yeah, I've seen it with PragerU, with some "comedy" channel that was apparently making their entire videos ads for some reason (hoping they'd go viral? inflating view count?), and weirdly enough with some iron-forging show once. They always have the skip option but it's annoying when your phone or whatever is out of arm's reach and you have to get up to get back to the regular video. I finally bit the bullet and got Youtube Premium, as it seemed that the ads have been getting worse and worse over the last year. (I also have a sneaking suspicion that youtube knows when you're using an ad blocker on your browser and thus increases the amount of ads you see when using their app.)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

grittyreboot posted:

My conspiracy theory is that YouTube is actively airing multiple obnoxious ads in a row to inspire users to pay for premium. They keep showing me some grifter lifestyle guru's 45 minute ads before whichever 5 minute video I clicked on.

I mean, on the one hand I would expect exactly that kind of shady business practice from Youtube. But on the other hand I wouldn't trust Youtube to be able to tell which ads are obnoxious and which aren't.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Twincityhacker posted:

Apparently Contrapoints new feature length movie vid is on J.K. Rowling. It's only up for Paetrons right now, but that's just because Youtube is takeing forever to process that runtime.

Edit: Runtime: 1 hour 29 minutes. Pour youself something nice and keep the bottle.

Just finished watching and it was one hour and fifteen minutes presenting a very compelling, methodical breakdown explaining why Rowling's tweets (and subsequent activity) were bigoted, for those who may not have really looked into it and/or not understood the dog whistles she used. It presented a detailed review of the fact that there are underlying currents of transphobia in the culture Rowling called upon, the common nature of many arguments from bigots, and how even though the abuse Rowling endured in her past may fuel her bigotry, it's still bigotry.

So I predict the internet will get set on fire over the last ten minutes where the discussion turns to the lovely trans-twitter mobs and Natalie states that they are often comprised of hurt people who need validation.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Augus posted:

this is definitely totally 100% absolutely positively what's going on here, precisely

Outright opposition vs. dishonest goalpost-moving is a very thin line...

https://twitter.com/Wilson__Valdez/status/1354150316447559680?s=20

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

So, a blast from the internet past crossed my youtube suggestions today: Mike Tornabene (the dude who played Dom Mazzetti) just put out a nearly-two-years-late episode of his former car show, GNARPM. The episode was supposed to be a journey on minibikes across Iceland, but him and his filming partner got so drunk while filming that a significant amount of the footage was unusable so the episode is kind of a review of how they failed. Like a lot of Tornabene's content, it's approaching self-awareness but not quite making it all the way there. Like, the drinking on display is definitely past the point of college-bro fun and into "there's a problem here".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-slhH2osQQM

Given that Tornabene has basically retired from youtube to focus on his clothing company, this could very well be the last thing we ever see from him. I definitely remember my friends and I falling apart laughing at the old Dom videos, and it's kind of weird to think that this is where that era ends.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I feel like they did a good job re-imagining Mary Jane as someone who isn't wildly out of Peter Parker's league and creating a much better dynamic where you could plausibly see why they would be interested in each other. Ditto for making Flash Thompson another weirdo nerd who even Bill from Freaks and Geeks thinks is weird for being so fixated on bullying Peter Parker.

Jenny Nicholson was right once again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC_AqezinXM

(But yeah, it's nice that there is more teen media out there now that isn't promoting the weird high-school clique-hierarchy stuff that was mostly old boomer stereotypes that continued on decades after it was relevant almost entirely because of the way it kept being promoted in teen-focused media.)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

flatluigi posted:

tbh i don't think anyone would've cared as much if there wasn't a hilariously-worded tweet about how good it was going around

edit: it was "Do you hear that sound? It’s every screenwriter in the world whispering a reverent “gently caress” under their breath. #WandaVision"

That tweet was the perfect raw-nerve-toucher for the tens of thousands of failed and/or wanna-be screenwriters on twitter. It's like the troll equivalent of an outsider artist who somehow creates an absolute masterpiece.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kali Muscle is one of the most perplexing figures on Youtube. He's got 2.32 million subscribers, and he started as a fitness channel. His hook was that he was a former felon turned bodybuilder who would show "prison workouts" you could do without equipment and pre-workout/high calorie meals you could make with stuff from a prison commissary. But he dropped most of that a long time ago and now only posts the occasional workout video. Now, his content has gone all over the place. He'll do mukbangs, fitness community drama rants, he was streaming FPSs for a while, he's done prank videos, he did a trap album and some music videos, and now he seems to be pivoting again to test driving cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA8-o3ElmL0

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Groovelord Neato posted:

The only fitness people on YouTube that are open about taking steroids are the channels that call out fake naturals and actors.

Yeah, Kali Muscle doesn't call himself natural (which in the fitness youtube community is as good as admitting you're juicing). But he also refuses to directly answer when people ask him about if he uses steroids, because he has a record and isn't dumb enough to talk about illegal activity in his videos or streams.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Arcsquad12 posted:

Can someone explain how the environmental impact of NFTs works?

NFTs are built on the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum uses Proof of Work as its consensus mechanism. They've specifically designed their PoW algorithm to be optimal for GPUs, rather than the special-built ASICs that do the majority of bitcoin mining. So people with GPU miners are burning a large country's worth of electricity to play a complicated game of "guess the number" a trillion times a second in hopes they are the one to hit the lottery and mine the next block. Mining the next block is now all transactions are recorded, and you can basically track exactly how much electricity is being burned for each block/transaction.

Throwing more transactions (and more importantly, more money) on top of the Ethereum blockchain means that it is going to burn more electricity processing those transactions (because there is money in it).

Jimbot posted:

The Corridor Crew had an artist on for their VFX react video last week then they put out a video of him explaining NFTs. I already read a pretty long article on the things but I was curious to see if he added anything new or insightful to it. The first 30 seconds of the video were them talking about how he made millions of dollars selling his art as NFTs and I immediately closed the video. I'm sure this guy has a completely balanced and not a gently caress-you-got-mine perspective at all. Nosiree!

Good luck cashing in that (even more) fake currency into something you can actually use, fella.

That Beeple interview wasn't terrible, because Beeple knows it's a bubble and has sold all the ether he got in the auction for actual cash. Now, the aside that Corridor Crew did on why the environmental impact of NFTs is "a question for another day" is why I turned it off...

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Katt posted:

You either die a hero or live to become a villain (or something like that)

I had an artist that started shilling "environmentally friendly NFTs"

I guess that's possible, if the NFTs are on a different blockchain that uses a different consensus mechanism you could have an NFT that doesn't require more electricity than what we're utilizing posting here on the forum. I don't know if any NFTs that aren't on ethereum, though (and if there are any, it's unlikely there is much money flowing into them).

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Ellis getting poo poo for that is especially hilarious in light of Honest Trailers’ entire Raya video being a riff on how much it stole from Avatar...

https://youtu.be/6Cbw4RKmR44

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Arcsquad12 posted:

Don't be on Twitter. Save your mental health.

Seeing the tweets about Chrissy Teagan leaving Twitter were especially revelatory. There are folks who really and truly think they are fighting the good fight for social justice when they cyberbully random celebrities.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

fun hater posted:

just to be clear, was this all started because a disney film was compared to a nick property. lol

e: not even compared disrespectfully, as far as i can tell it was just compared. is that wrong.

Parasocial relationships are a hell of a drug. Through detailed twitter analysis, we can (and must!) get to the bottom of if someone we will never meet is or is not a good person in their personal life (and must cyberbully them if we decide that they are not).

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The idea that there’s some reservoir of racists whites who would otherwise join a mass labor movement is astounding to me. Even if they accurately perceive some aspects of the problem, racist whites already have their own violent, antihuman solutions and have been enacting them for a while. They want to kill us almost as badly as they want to kill everyone else.

I mean, there are plenty of white racists that would join mass labor movements if it were willing to still oppress minorities. We have the history of the labor movement in this country prior to 1950 as pretty solid proof of that. Or if you need an example of that today, just look at France, where there’s a major constituency of folks with very leftist views on labor and economics who are also extremely racist and xenophobic.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

On the topic of online creators: Sarah Z breaks down the tumblr-post-turned-Indiegogo-scam, All or Nothing. And then it turns into a review of an actual web-series someone else made based on that initial post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5BXUDxpDug

It's a good video. Even if nothing makes me feel as ancient as listening to older zoomers reminisce about their things that happened in their youth as though the Obama administration was ancient history.

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 31, 2021

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Trojan Kaiju posted:

So we're just openly hating on Italians now?

E: ah, this is a bad page snipe

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

poo poo that's an ancient one. I totally forgot about her.

I mean if they were refreshing the page waiting for the clock to roll over to 12:00AM then yeah that's kind of creepy and pathetic.

I'm just wondering how she was able to get the OnlyFans up and running so fast. Like, it was almost a full day between when I submitted my documentation and when it was approved. And the ability to post any media was blocked until the approval went through.

Okay, I think I see what's up now. According to wikipedia she turned 18 on March 23rd. Her first OnlyFans post is dated April 2nd. So, well over a week after she turned 18. The news stories made it sound like she turned it on the moment the clock struck midnight on her birthday. (Also, holy poo poo, her subscription price is set at $50/mo!) I was worried for a moment that, because she's a celeb and has an insane number of instagram followers, OnlyFans might have worked with her publicists or something to expedite the process. OnlyFans is already in the crosshairs of every fundie and SWERF out there, and they obviously need to tread as carefully as possible.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thanks, well that makes me feel alot better. i still think the movie is overated as gently caress though and not scary.

The Shining is weird because it’s the movie Kubrick just kinda half-assed, but Kubrick is seen as such a legendary perfectionist that film nerds have created massive conspiracy theories around the hidden meaning of things that are just lazy continuity errors.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

IronicDongz posted:

this is the weirdest aspect of it frankly. I think they may be assuming most people won't recognize them, and also probably there's so many people working on it shoving in pop culture references they might not all be getting screened with the same level of precision

Given the shot, it looked like a collection of villains from various Warner properties. So they can probably get away with showing the droogs there because it’s just another set of evil faces (like the White Walkers and other things in that shot).

With Pepe Le Pew, he’s supposed to be part of the “good guys”, so you gotta do a lot of work to change things up. Like, wasn’t the scene that was cut with him supposed to be LeBron telling Pepe about consent?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Antigravitas posted:

2:21:31

Mein Gott. :stare:

There goes my evening. I might have to start with the old-school youtube content that was the first time I ever heard of Homestuck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLK7RI_HW-E

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

The craziest part of the Sarah Z Homestuck odyssey is how she keeps drinking the windex-colored Faygo, even after commenting to herself several times how horrible it is.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sydin posted:

I mean The Wall video got Doug a ton of attention and presumably clicks, why not do something like it again? Anybody who's still a fan of his at this point ain't stopping any time soon, so all showing his rear end would do is potentially draw in some new clicks from voyeurs interested in how badly he beefed it this time round.

I remember an interview with John Darnielle of The Mountain Goats, talking about when he realized that he was “a lifer”, as in going to be a musician for the rest of his life (for better or worse). Because he had reached his 40s and had no other professional skills or work experience. Music was literally all he had done for decades. So there wasn’t really anything else he could do even if his modest level of success completely faded away.

I imagine Doug Walker feels similarly. He does his schtick and makes YouTube content, and that’s all he has done for most of his adult life. Attempts to branch out and try other stuff have failed. He’s a YouTube lifer, and this is the life he’s stuck in.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Pachylad posted:

I just scrolled down and saw that Lindsay Ellis commented on the video.

Her comment has 175 replies, by far the most of all the comments I've seen so far.

ohboy

I mean, it was a little weird of her to write such an impassioned, lengthy commend in defense of Doug. Real left turn there.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Mokinokaro posted:

I'm not American so can the condescension.

There's also a huge distinction between American liberalism/neoliberalism and actual liberalism which is certainly center left. Not far left, but left.

That person's compass is skewed pretty hard left as opposed to the American skew hard right.

The "Bernie would be a centrist anywhere else!!!!" meme is a favorite among Americans who couldn't name three current prime ministers if their life depended on it. Our nation's myopia spans our whole political spectrum.

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 14, 2021

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Bonaventure posted:

“in the political axis , ur either The Jokester or the Bat-Man... or u live long enough to be in the center with half ur face burned off, and they call you a name, “Two Faces””

-Jim gorton, the dark night , à Christophe Nolan

Adding unnecessary dashes clearly needs to be the next trend after Hollywood has finished the adding unnecessary articles to a title.

Batman (1989)
The Batman (2022)
Bat-Man (2055)

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sephyr posted:

Milk the remaining core of his fanbase with live chats, twitch and whatever other means of engagement are popular, DSP-style. He's already been pitching his gaming sessions and such, which made me flashback to the Restsupurae of his Bart's Nightmare LP.

So like now, just even less meaningful. After you reach a certain treshold of followers, you will retain a residual 10k or so paying fans no matter what you do. Not enough to be a bigshot or anything close, but enough to live a comfortable life. Between DaddyOFive, Onision and others I think we have established only going to jail for a good long while can sink someone, and even that is not a given.

There are (or at least, were) local radio DJs in mid-market towns who were never big enough to be number 1 in their town or to get syndicated, but were able to scrape out a career doing their morning zoo program for 30 or more years. The 21st century version of being the most popular (local) radio personality in Sheboygan is having a mid-five figure number of followers who continue to check out your content. It's not easy or luxurious, but it's a living.

EDIT:

The big difference between the theoretical Sheboygan morning zoo host and Doug, though, is that if the morning zoo guy pissed off someone who later went on to be a lot more successful, the successful person left Sheboygan forever. All the people Doug has pissed off (who have since gone on to be much more successful) are still right there on youtube, ready and willing to take some swipes.

LanceHunter fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Apr 14, 2021

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Booky posted:

also update on sarah z's video (she edited parts of the description and addressed a PM she got with info in the rest of the comment):

:eyepop: dang they're really addison caining her

Hiveswap's studio really bringing the Star Citizen energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

MiddleOne posted:

The production process and equipment behind youtube videos fascinates me more than it has any right too. I want to see LED-lights, lamps, microphones, scripts, set-design, editing, all of it :unsmigghh:

RLM did a cool time-lapse of moving the Plinkett house set when they moved to their current studio:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYLPWNEyxCY