Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ready player one was a WB film so they could put RPO in Space Jam 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

So I ended up falling down the true crime video rabbit hole, and found this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThatChapter/videos,

after this video was posted elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVasF2FOsl4

His videos regularly crack a million views, but I have no idea how big he is within the context of true crime content.
i think i prefer atrocity guide style narration where it's a bit dryer than someone tryin' to apply the 'humorous video essay' format to murders of real people. any true crime that's more in the former category?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

watching strange aeons read terrible book Tease makes me wonder if there are any channels dedicated to reading lovely Wattpad fiction, like when jenny nicholson read One Direction in the Purge and Trapped in a Island with Josh Hutcherson

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

just bring back Gameshark and have versions for Switch, PS5 and Series X

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

who cares if someone isn't properly experiencing it though. are you lurking outside their house watching

it doesn't matter

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the conversation always ends up being around dark souls because that's the only game that nerds crow endlessly about creative vision about when it comes to keeping one difficulty mode

although if there are other games that people get this defensive about when it comes to difficulty i'd be interested in seeing the discussion actually be wider. but i feel like even in the realm of soulslikes, if someone modded in an easy difficulty to Nioh 2 no one would give a poo poo

i have mixed opinions on from software's library but i will say this: if echo night had an easy skip for the gambling section i would've jumped on that because the gambling section of echo night is so loving bad

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Endorph posted:

the game i actually care about when it comes to difficulty options is fire emblem thracia 776

granted that game actually does have a cheat code to double experience gains but that doesnt really make the game much easier
and i think cheat codes would be fun in soulslikes if they're not gonna have difficulty options, just to have a little extra fun

not just to cheese through an area but also, like, bring back Big Head Mode codes, you coward game developers. have secret characters you can unlock in the create a character screen. add a turbo mode. first person mode

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if someone modded the marauders out of doom eternal you'd probably get just as many people going "good idea, gently caress those guys" as people saying that they're part of the intended experience

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the original was from a quartering-esque dumbass

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

BigRed0427 posted:

So here's my question about Doug and the wall. Do you think he will ever try something like that again?
he made three movies where the shortest of the three was 2 and a half hours

and then he let linkara make a 3 and a half hour movie

e: which reminds me i haven't watched much of linkara's yet, i got to a part where doug cameoed on a news channel and my roommates, who weren't even in the room, begged me to stop

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Booky posted:

i was Really into homestuck when i was younger, but as fascinating as that sarah z vid on it sounds to me, i'm fine just leaving homestuck in the past with a sense of nostalgia :v:

though apparently quite a number of the current HS staff is Insanely Mad at her because... she didn't talk with them before she criticized current homestuck in the vid??? honestly though i've noticed people on twitter getting pissy at her for the stupidest things anyways so :shrug: (ex. spelling kylo rens name goofy or talking about sherlock or whatever)

aaa whatta page snipe
if you're just presenting a history of homestuck idk why she'd be required to get PR fluff answers from the creative team

the big issue people are having is she is using an unreliable source that allegedly stalked members of the creative team and fabricated some stuff (which she probably didn't know about). but also most people just don't have answers, hussie would definitely not give any comment... she's just working from what info is out there and she gives it the "take it with a grain of salt" disclaimer

anything beyond that is just people believing any criticism from a person with a large following will result in targeted harassment and death threats, and therefore there can never be criticism from people with a large reach

but even if you look in twitter replies that are mad at her, you see responses from other homestuck fans that are mad at THOSE people. it's a fandom of cannabalism

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

how has nobody said Doug Wallker yet

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

theres literally nothing in the sarah z video that would be legally actionable. why waste your time on a lawsuit that will get thrown out

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

I don't think I've ever known faster a movie was going to be poo poo than Rise of Skywalker. Second scene I was already out.
i know a movie is lovely if i spend the entire film thinking about how i would have rewritten/shot the previous scene, and that was my entire ROS experience, while TLJ was just very entertaining and i didn't have to spend the whole time having micro reactions to every bad directing/editing/writing decision

like of course TLJ has problems, all blockbuster movies have them, but they're the kind i can think about afterward and not IMMEDIATELY, as was happening after every scene in Rise

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the last jedis of video games:

dark souls 2
zelda skyward sword
wolfenstein 2 the new colossus

and of course

doki doki panic

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The gunplay was definitely better in 4 than in 3/NV but it had like half the vaults of those games so it's automatically worse

gimme a Fallout game where the open world is just rows of vaults, each their own little Twilight Zone episode. in this vault, the experiment was to trick civilians into thinking the animals could talk!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the thing about the art as experienced/observed philosophy is that video games aren't art so it doesn't matter :twisted:

hack it to 60fps, hack it to pieces. mod and put shadow the hedgehog in every game. use cheatengine. have! the time of your life!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Picross 3D round 2 is art but that's about it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

No.1 Special posted:

Mother's Basement - Jujutsu Kaisen Is Peak Shounen Anime

https://youtu.be/usW1hqVjZLE
MB is ok but very emblematic of anime youtube; any decent show is The Greatest Show Ever Made, new anime directors are even better than legendary ones, 'sakuga' has to be said every 20 seconds, and the word waifu is still being used unironically in the year 2021

he's also been this hyperbolic about demon slayer, re:zero, konosuba, MHA and darling in the franxx (and then was SHOCKED that studio trigger hosed it up lol)

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 26, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

rip elvisaurus rex

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alaois posted:

what the gently caress is "sakuga"
it just means "good animation" so instead of saying "this episode has some well-animated fights" you say, in youtuber voice, "Sunghoo Park *pause* DELIVERS. the SAKUGA"

e: mother's basement also has a bunch of videos titled "what's in a waifu" which i have no interest in watching lol

like even if i wasn't ace, i don't need 40 minute videos to tell me why people are horny for anime girls

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Apr 26, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

referring to mushoku tensei i think, the one where the protag is initially isekai resurrected as a really horny baby

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

there probably are good anime youtubers but they wouldn't have a large audience, because the larger you get, the more likely you are to be harassed by toxic anime fans if you didn't like one of their favorite shows

probably why the overwhelming majority of big anime youtubers are dudes as well

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

people were even more mad at her video about dragon maid being gross even though it was 100% true, dragon maid loving sucks and that in and of itself sucks because it could've been cool

for the first couple of episodes it's a cute lil yuri anime about a working adult and her live-in maid (dragon), and then kanna's friend starts ruining half the episodes, and then they bring in a child character literally named shouta-kun who is preyed on by the (adult) character he summoned

there's just better stuff out there now but unfortunately the show's coming back and will probably get pushed a lot by most anime youtubers

e: if people like it, whatever, but i just can't recommend it to anyone because of those factors

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 28, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Motto posted:

They're not genres, they're demographics. People use them because it's what the whole manga industry uses to market their magazines and how creators talk about their works. There's absolutely tons of audience crossover but it's just a reality of how the industry works.
yeah and just some stuff ends up in magazines that clearly targets a different demo than the magazine itself... toilet bound hanako-kun is in a shonen mag and it's 100% for women

i know nothing about that whole scene, i just assume it's a situation where if a magazine is willing to publish you, you don't turn them down, regardless of who they are or what you make

e: hanako-kun is great btw. i guess people knock it for its utilitarian animation but the art direction is flat out gorgeous

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 28, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if space jam is to be believed, the looney tunes world is inside the hollow earth underneath a golf course and only protected by a large rubber WB logo, so it's not quite an isekai

michael jordan isn't even killed or reincarnated smh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Kamrat posted:

BadEmpanada on Breadtube and various other topics like patreon and streaming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZAX81vLI80
it's weird to see a rant video where hbomberguy is in the thumbnail because he is probably the least troublesome youtuber in that whole group... he picks easy targets like ben shapiro and doesn't punch down

and also only puts out a video twice a year

i also doubt he sees himself as a super important person, he did a video where he ate sonic the hedgehog curry

e: i wanted to keep an open mind about this video, but i don't really understand his premise, where he says that people view breadtube as political saviors/messiahs that will deradicalize the internet... when have any of these people claimed that? or people in general... what discussions is he looking at? breadtube is constantly criticized and scrutinized for even milquetoast videos. and he thinks people donate to breadtube patreons because it causes meaningful change? i'm jim carrey in that truman show gif

e: e: i skipped ahead a bit, and he's mad that contrapoints makes $50k/m on Patreon (which I believe he's guesstimating based on his own patreon's average per person and extrapolating it to her patron count) and thinks she shouldn't have that much money and that people shouldn't donate to her because of that. i don't really care about contrapoints videos anymore, for obvious reasons, but it feels weird to police people on donating to the creators they like... as if they're impressionable children being suckered. no, they know what they're doing with their money, and it's often just a couple of bucks per person, or even just a buck

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Apr 28, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

memories is on amazon prime now as well (also a couple other movies have been on there for a while, like welcome to the space show)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

how does it stack up against gantz though

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DeafNote posted:

Thoughtslime goes to another dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjDgqbLEpNA

He really does sound tired.
Time for him to commission a 3D modeler and become a vtuber

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the 90s did have freakazoid, gogurt, and that one good episode of the clerks animated cartoon

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the 2000s was a major step on the ladder of america's plunge into hell, but it also had clone high and the entirety of the Playstation 2 library

on the other hand it had all those I Love the XX's shows and that really bad Get Smart remake

but it also had the batshit insane charlies angels full throttle

a decade of contrasts

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Farg posted:

So wait what's wrong about a vtuber playing electro swing. Is it like evil music or is it a performantive disgust thing like with ska
i played all the electroswing songs in synth riders and they were mostly cool. a good vr workout imo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

given the amount of negative videos made about her, you'd think she would have more than 50k subs, which goes to show how tough it is to be a critical female youtuber about anime when people prey this much on the small fish. there's nothing in her videos that is anything other than her stating her opinion as an opinion and just her own personal feelings

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

JordanKai posted:

People will really say "media doesn't affect reality" as if Antonin Scalia didn't openly base his jurisprudence on 24 and other television series.

(This will always be my go-to example because it's so wild)
also people who say that underestimate the power and effectiveness of propaganda, especially copaganda

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

dexter kept saying, "deedee get out of my laboratory", but deedee did not get out of the laboratory, and that's why i am against open borders,

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i watched this last night and the biggest problem for me is that it is a monorail that covers a tiny stretch of park and has a 130 minute wait time. they should have gone full people mover and had it be just a regular monorail with a bunch of cars going around the full park, gone simpler on the screen to save money (or maybe even just have a non-interactive screen on it). and still have a couple of little enclosed areas for fun, but then it's not like "this is meant to be the highlight of the experience" and instead "this is a people mover with a couple of neat moments"

like that enclosed space had such poor scale for a set piece. they should have had way larger screens for windows, because they're too far from the track. and the room needed more decoration, and there needed to be a little more to the area in general, at least two more rooms surrounding it

biggest thing about a themed sit down park ride is managing to build a world that a person is just happening to briefly inhabit.... but this has no world to it outside of the ride queue video and voices piped into the car

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The big problem with the MGS series is that they are not strand games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

This is why Nintendo stays winning. They're the only company able to make a franchise that doesn't have relentlessly uncomfortably horny sections in their games.
Bayo 2 was funded directly by them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

at this point star citizen's probably eclipsed DNF in generational developmental strata

when it is re-examined in 10-15 years i'd be curious to see how many gameplay systems or assets were frozen/completed(lol) across different gaming generations. DNF at its core was still just a first person shooter. star citizen wants to be everything