Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I've come back to this and I'm really liking it now?

I turned off perma-death, which I liked at first, but then I got sick of sidelining into a 30 minute mission to replace the guy I just lost (more if it was an albion/clan kelly costume person).

Its not as good as Watch_Dogs 2, the city is nowhere near as interactive, I really miss the in-game-is-the-phone-UI and I really really miss the seamless multiplayer. I get why multiplayer is separate, the systems are just too complex to allow it: the whole permadeath thing, though I suppose you could "disable" it if killed in a multiplayer moment? That's probably pretty complex. The game feels like it went through a last minute revision, where a bunch of systems were stripped out and what remained just had to work.

t feels really weird there's no progression on the individual characters though that was once a thing? Breakpoint bombing really broke Ubisoft (though Breakpoint at release was sooooo baaaaaad and I LIKE The Division)

I'm loving capturing poke-agents, though. I also laughed at the mission where you go after the terrible hacker group claiming to be Dedsec and you get them to join your team and they're all completely useless, driven home by the last guy who's only "skill" is that he can't run or take cover..

Going forward, Ubi really should just iterate on W_D2, but I feel like we're cruising, story/setting-wise, towards a reboot.

Long story short, not as good as W_D2, but better impressions now 6 months later.

...though I can totally reliably CtD the game by going to a flying drone station and trying to summon a drone on top of a drone.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jul 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I saw a Kotaku headline claiming the expansion is way better than the base game can anyone confirm/deny

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

man nurse posted:

I saw a Kotaku headline claiming the expansion is way better than the base game can anyone confirm/deny

Had a fantastic time with it and Aiden was much more likeable to me this time round (as in he learnt from his experiences of old). Thought Wrench might get annoying but he didn't for me. Seemed like a more focused, short but sweet experience...

Huragok
Sep 14, 2011
WD3 environment with WD2 storyline with WD1 mechanics (except add auto drive)

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Huragok posted:

WD3 environment with WD2 storyline with WD1 mechanics (except add auto drive)

I'm not playing any game with WD1'S mechanics of reloading by clicking a thumbstick and not being able to shoot from a car

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I do feel like if any of the games kept a weird part of WD1 though it should have been WD2 having you hack billboards with out of date memes, the heroes of that game would absolutely do that, loveable dorks they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'm really liking the Bloodline DLC so far.

Wrench and Aiden play differently than any of the randos you can recruit in the main game. The writing is really leaning into the hobo-psycho-grandpa Aiden always has been.

:words: : Aiden, go to this place and hack the ctOS server.

:corsair: "I'm going to a place and I'll KILL THEM ALL WITH MY GUN" <eats some trash out of the bin>

:words: "JESUS CHRIST AIDEN. NO.".

The experience feels more focused. Aiden and Wrench's wacky London adventures really should have been the main game, and you can recruit anyone to ADD to the team. I noticed Aiden (and I assume Wrench, I didn't use him) have unique scripts in the main game, and using Aiden for the last few missions felt...really appropriate?

I really recommend trying out Bloodline on the cheap, but also in the most Ubi-soft of Ubi-soft things, you don't get the Aiden and Wrench characters if you only buy Bloodline. The DLC AND the characters come with the season pass. :cripes: